Pavo

AGPM Injector kext generator app!!

105 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2019 at 2:26 AM, URBANsUNITED said:

So, means mine is ok too?

I am a bit lost, sorry...

Looking for possiblities why my system is under Catalina not waking up properly, but it does on Mojave.

Thanks URBANsUNITED

1084693269_Bildschirmfoto2019-07-05um07_25_43.png.1eefc0aed5266fc9978f0b7a2177f053.png

AGPM has nothing to do with Wake/Sleep

Advertisement

I know that the injector needs a proper cpu with x86platformplugin loaded, but is it possible to inject that proprieties with a workaround? I really need to fix my Vega 64 power management

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, innerd said:

I know that the injector needs a proper cpu with x86platformplugin loaded, but is it possible to inject that proprieties with a workaround? I really need to fix my Vega 64 power management

You might wanna look into https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Radeon.en.md, there are multiple ways to inject properties for the GPU. It seems you are wanting to change PowerPlay or "Wattsman" type settings, which is not Power Management is about.

How could I tune my GPU configuration?
ATI/AMD GPUs could be configured by aty_config, aty_properties parameters that one could find in AMDxxxxController.kext Info.plist files. Different framebuffers have overrides for these preferences for lower energy consumption, higher performance, or other reasons. Unfortunately in such combinations they often are unsuitable for different GPUs.
WhateverGreen allows to specify your own preferred parameters via GPU controller properties to achieve best GPU configuration. Use CFG, prefix for aty_config properties, PP, prefix for aty_properties, and CAIL, prefix for cail_properties from AMDRadeonXxxxx.kext Info.plist files. For example, to override CFG_FB_LIMIT value in aty_config you should use CFG,CFG_FB_LIMIT property.
Further details are available in SSDT sample to get the general idea.

Edited by Pavo

Posted (edited)

Already changed those type of settings, with vgtab or PyVega. As I said in another topic I have a strange behavior with my vega64, the p-states probably don't work as they should, under load (like valley benchmark) i can see the core frequency around 500-1000 with fluctuant fps (Geekbench is even worse, the core can't raise over 100). It seems that the gpu doesn't receive the right instruction (just a guess) in those type of scenarios while for example in LuxMark the gpu can maximize correctly its core/memory frequency with more than decent results. Can it be a lack of power management? Any advises will be really appreciated

Edited by innerd

Just a little clarification since i've lost track of what happen with AGPM, specially on AMD, i always had nvidia card since 10.5 :)

On older sandy bridge which load ACPI_SMC_PlateformPlugin, there is no way to load x86PlateformPlugin so there is no way to activate AGPM (RX 580) ?