Here is what I used to install and configure the system:
- Video settings: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/
- Wi-Fi settings: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
- Bluetooth settings: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README.md
- Touchpad settings: https://voodooi2c.github.io
- Cardreader settings: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/
- Clover, version v2.5k r5033: https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases/tag/v2.5k_r5033
- The results of the work of many developers in this and other forums.
- Video: Full HD x 60Hz accelerated video on embedded and external (HDMI) monitors
- Sound: embedded and external (audio jack + HDMI audio)
- Touchpad (gestures)
- USB2 && USB3 ports
- VGA WebCam
- Sleep mode
- Display brightness and volume control using function keys
- Battery Indication
- Automatically dimming the screen when the laptop is running on battery power
- Sound notification when external power is connected
What does not work?
How to use
1. Update BIOS to version 2.02. Secure boot must be disabled, Touchpad settings - Advanced
2. To make a bootable flash drive, you can use my EFI directory (link at the end of the message) Tested for High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) && Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95) && Catalina 10.15 (19A558d) installation.
Note: you must insert your own SeralNumber && MLB && ROM in the config.plist file.
3. After installation, just copy EFI directory from flash drive to the system drive.
4. Install kexts BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext && BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to the /Library/Extensions and update system caches.
I have a Dell Vostro 3267 system unit. It has a Skylake processor Intel Core i5-6400 with integrated graphics Intel HD 530, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD. The monitor is connected via HDMI.
I faced a problem that if I enter Hackintosh in a sleep mode, and then I press something on the keyboard, the system unit wakes up (I hear as coolers begin to turn), but the monitor does not react in any way.
I tried to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cord, tried to inject EDID in config tried to change SMBIOS on MacMini8,1, but it did not change the situation.
How to solve the problem?
Can someone help me fix reboot issue? Actually it reboots, but sometimes the hackintosh just hangs with screen off. Here is the Extra folder containing org.chameleon.boot.plist. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MX8-DpQk9kaRUfjPcToxf-ElWh-bN6EY?usp=sharing and the spec of the PC. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NlcUNK5DBzJFxeFeuyt92eRjQqwO5T32?usp=sharing Can someone look at it? I might be doing something wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Clover r5051 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.
Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.
1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5051 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5051-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.
Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.