1. PippoX0

PippoX0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tonyx86
      I was inspired by @duduclx post for installing El Capitan on a Dell Latitude E6410, so I decided to install Mojave 10.14.5.  Everything works perfectly except for sleep.  I'm starting this thread hoping to help others install Mojave on their E6410s and to diagnose and resolve the sleep issue.  This thread is not currently intended to be an installation guide and is better suited to the intermediate/advanced hackintosher.  Eventually, it may evolve into a guide.

I started with this thread (Many thanks, @duduclx !!!) and ended up with the system captured in the attached files.  The keys were to change the LPCB._DSM.Name to "3b09" and remove all CLOVER configs not necessary for Mojave, plus some other items mentioned below.

My system is as follows:
      Dell Latitude E6410 (I7-620m, Nvidia 3100M, 8GB DDR3, 512GB SSD, 1440x900 display, BIOS: A17) MacOS: Mojave 10.14.5 (APFS) (Patched with DosDude Mojave Patcher 1.3.3) MacModel: MacBookPro 6,2 (LPCB._DSM.Name "pci8086,3b09") Kexts: Lilu 1.3.6, VoodooHDA 2.9.2, AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.0, IntelMausiEthernet 2.4.1d1, ACPIBatteryManager 1.90.1, BrcmPatchRam2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, VoodooPS2Controller (the "Refined ALPS Touchpad" version - release 5, not the original version) Wi-Fi: Broadcom BCM 94352HMB (with AirportBrcmFixup.kext) MacOS: Mojave 10.14.5 CLOVER (Legacy): R4961  
      Configuration items that may be different from what you have seen in other E6410 configurations
      LPCB._DSM patched with device-id "3b09" AND "name", "pci8086,3b09" for native Nehalem power management with MacBookPro 6,2 ECDV renamed to EC so that AppleBusPowerController loads AGP.VID._DSM patched with device-id "0a29" so that AppleGraphicsPowerManagement loads  No CLOVER Generate P or Generate C States (with the correct LPCB._DSM and MacBookPro 6,2, these CLOVER options are unnecessary for this architecture and only limit max multiplier and reduce number of P states) DSDT patched to include HDAU device (device-id 0x0be3)   
      What is NOT working:
      Sleep (display goes blank, but power light stays on.  System cannot wake and must be forced off with power button) Display brightness can be controlled with keyboard keys, but cannot be controlled with slider in Display settings.  The slider appears in Display settings (because of the backlight DSDT injection in AGP.VID._DSM), but the slider doesn't work (yet).  Haven't spent time to figure this out, but would love help. Graphics Power Management - AGPM loads (because 10de,0a29 device is injected), but there's no evidence that 3100m frequency and voltage is changing.
        What is NOT tested:
      SD Card Slot Smartcard Reader eSata (I have this disabled in my BIOS) Display Port Firewire Port (it does appear in the Network settings, just haven't tried it) Microphone Jack PC Card Slot (I have this disabled in my BIOS) Camera (I have this disabled in my BIOS)  
      What IS working:
      Everything else not mentioned above.   Speedstep/CPUPowerManagement is perfect, system temps are low, CPU multiplier operates as expected, battery life is long Shutdown is fast Display/graphics acceleration is perfect (thanks to DosDude's Mojave patcher) Brightness (adjusted with brightness keys on keyboard) works perfectly Battery Manager works (battery status is displayed in menu bar) simply by installing ACPIBatterManager.kext. Wi-Fi (after changing to Broadcom BCM94352HMB and installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext) Audio (volume adjustable, volume indicator appears in menu bar).  Switched to VoodooHDA from AppleALC after AppleALC caused slow boot due to "IOHDACodecFunction timeout." Ethernet port (with IntelMausiEthernet.kext) Broadcom BCM20702A0 Bluetooth (with BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext) Optical Drive External VGA (with corrected NVCAP.  Need NVCAP 04000000 00000100 0E000000 00000007 00000000 (credit: @PlutoDelic) for working external VGA display. Headphone jack  
      Known issues and their solutions
      AAPL,clock-id and device_type do not appear in IORegistry for EHC1.  Solution is to use CLOVER on-the-fly patching/fixing/renaming for EHC1 and EHC2.  This has been completed and tested, but does not fix the sleep behavior.  This fix is not reflected in the attached files. ALPS trackpad performance is not good with the "standard" VoodooPS2Controller.kext that I initially used.  Switching to the "Refined ALPS TouchPad driver" is a big improvement.  I've implemented and tested this on my system.  The ALPS version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext mixes up a few keys.  Need to switch the Command and Option keys (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys) and change keyboard type to ISO European.  The updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not reflected in the attached files. This proposed configuration uses an injected device-id (10de,0a29) for NVidia 3100m to get AGPM to load.  While I haven't observed any performance differences, a better approach may be to inject AGPM properties for device 10de,0a6c (the actual device-id for the 3100m).  This AGPM method is discussed later in this thread.  I have briefly tested this "FakeSMC.kext method" for injecting AGPM attributes without any noticeable changes in laptop/graphics behavior and have not updated attached files to reflect this change. IOHWControl is not loaded under AGPM (Should be AGP > VID > NVDA,Display-A@0 > NVDATesla > AGPM > gpu-control > IOHWControl as viewed in IORegistryExplorer).  It is loaded on a real MacBookPro6,2 running Mojave and is loaded on this Dell Latitude E6410 running High Sierra.  If I "Inject NVidia" via CLOVER, IOHWControl loads properly.  I have made this change and am testing it on my system, but have not updated the attached configuration files. The Dell Latitude DSDT (BIOS A17) has a bug in Method (GNOT).  In the method, the expression  If (LOr (LGreater (OSYS, 0x07D0), LLess (OSYS, 0x07D6))) always evaluates to TRUE, so the patched DSDT has no dependency on the value of OSYS.  I suspect that LOr should be replaced with LAnd, so that this expression is TRUE for variants of Windows 2001 and False for any other OS.  While this may have no affect on MacOS, it makes one wonder how such an obvious bug made it through Dell QA and is still present in BIOS A17.  Also makes one wonder whether the sleep problem (which no one has solved) was fixed in Windows to address another DSDT bug. The DSDT patch that duduclx refers to as "Intel GMA Ready" in his El Capitan Guide is not applied correctly to the DSDT in this thread.  Somehow, the contents of patched _DSM are located in the PCI0.VID device instead of in Method (_DSM) within the PCI0.VID device.  MaciASL didn't complain about this, so it went unnoticed, but it doesn't appear to have had any affect.  The solution is to move the "Intel GMA Ready" patch into Method (_DSM) within the PCI0.VID device.  
      Brief Installation Guide (for the experienced Hackintosher):
      Follow duduclx's guide for BIOS config Create your MacOS installer USB (Use DosDude's Mojave Patcher for Mojave) (start with High Sierra and not Mojave if you're new to hackintosh). Install CLOVER (Legacy) on installer USB using attached EFI as your guide for patched ACPI, kexts and config.plist Install MacOS to your SSD Install the following kexts in /Library/Extensions:  ACPIBatteryManager.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakeSMC.kext, FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext (the "Refined ALPS Touchpad driver," not the original) Switch Command and Option keys to compensate for Refined ALPS driver issue (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys).  Also change keyboard type to ISO European to fix the [ ` ~ ] key (to the left of the "1" (one) key. Install VoodooHDA Install HWMonitor application  
      Tips for Improved Performance (on this and other older systems)
      System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results: Uncheck all options System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy: Add all Volumes System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: Check "Reduce motion" System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: Check "Reduce transparency"  
      Other tips
      If your fan is always running and temps are good, try pressing Fn + z  

CLOVER.zip
    • By PippoX0
      Working in Progress

I want  that my Catalina  runs smooth

I run Catalina beta on MBr HFS+ (only one partition)

So what we can do ?

0. I have gained my Intel HD3000 QE/CI working
         - i have used Intel HD3000 High Sierra Kexts
          Done

1. Reduce size
        -  I have used monolingual and I have deleted all unwanted languages
        - i have deleted unwanted Speech voices
        - i have delete unwanted Fonts ( Japanese , Chinese, Emoji ...) 
        - i have delete unwanted Templates ( again speech voices)
        My Cat OS have been shrinked  from 16 Gb to 9,96 Gb
        Done

2. Disable all unwanted Deamons and Agents
        -  I'm looking for disable all Debug deamons or Agents running which are slowing my Os
         Still seeking ....

What's else ?

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip

• By Jessi-mj
      No success so far.

There is no way I can get Mojave (or High Sierra) to install on this rig.

I'd be really grateful for any help.

My config is 
      Asus Maximus XI Hero (no WiFi); 
      I9-9900k; 
      Sapphire triX Radeon R9 290; 
      Corsair Pro RGB 2x16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

I am using my R9 290 I had at home because I don't need powerful graphics really.

So what I've done
      1) Created USB installation drive using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] -  UEFi option

2) Bios settings
      - Updated BIOS to lastest version

- Load Optimised defaults

- applied the following
      VT-d, disabled
      CFG-Lock, disabled
      Secure Boot Mode, disablef
      OS Type set to Other OS
      XHCI Handoff Enabled
      AI Overclocked set to XMP 3200
      Extreme twerking enabled
      Graphics Primary display set to PCIe
      Legacy USB support enabled
      Power on by PCI disabled
      Fast boot disabled
      Boot logo display disabled
      Boot option 1 set to UEFI usb installer
      Saved and rebooted.

I either get no screen response (stuck in qcode 99 on MB) or stuck on PCI configuration begins.

So what am I doing wrong?

Five hours of trial and error and I gave up on installing from USB.

I am now  installing Mojave from my MacBook Pro to SSD and will use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] before moving the drive over to my PC

The settings I am going to use in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
      Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
      Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
      Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
      Drivers > Misc > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen
      Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet (I used the latest version)
      Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit
      Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
      Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4xxx UEFI
      Customize -> System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3

If you have any suggestions please help.

Perhaps someone can share their EFI folder for a similar rig?

• By Kielligzind
      Hello, i am trying to boot the installer of MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 on my HP Z220 CMT Workstation, but it gets stuck at this error. i attached pictures of this error and i posted my EFI folder. 
      i hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qH_ok-jzIwiLXd5LEEvVloRFZDgPAY2d/view?usp=sharing