[SOLVED] OSX forget to apply Dual Monitor settings with my RX 570

Pr0v4

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've recently be able to install Mojave (10.14.1) and I am fighting with "the little fixes".

My main problem is the dual monitor setup. I know that I've been very lucky because most users that have my same graphic card have trouble with this kind of setting, especially if they use different cables.

In my system I am using a HDMI and a Display Port to connect with my monitors and beside the following problem I am very happy.

The problem is: even if Mojave remembers the settings for my monitor every time I start or restart my system my vertical monitor get messed up.

IMG_20181210_124617.thumb.jpg.b6a9cf09cf3afa4eb73599c565b10c83.jpg

I am sure that the system remebers my settings because I can see them in the monitor and as well when I check the About this Mac > System > Graphic/Monitor I see that the system recognize my graphic card and also the monitors and the settings.

360463032_Schermata2018-12-10alle18_14_10.jpg.2942e69708a48de0e83a1a7d31a91c84.jpgIMG_20181210_124622.thumb.jpg.2fc4eb922ee56f93d581b10f958d9c0d.jpg

Does anyone ever get this kind of problems?

Thank you in advance for all the help!

PS: since we're talking video card, how can I check if the acceleration works properly?

hello I got the same problem with a rx580 on x99 mobo and Mojave 

I found out that it was coming from whatergreen kext that my system don't need anymore 

I kept the lilu.kext , get rid of the whatever green and was able to find back my monitor configuration at every boot 

hope it'll help you 

Edited by autantpourmoi
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @autantpourmoi,

I'm back because I have again the same problem.

I've worked a bit to activate the hardware acceleration for my RX 570 an I had to insert 0x04120004 into ig-platform-id in order to activate the Quick Sync for my HD 4600 iGPU. I have to say that now I got a great improvement when I export my video but each time I restart my system I have to change the display settings to work with the vertical monitor.

Basically even if OSX remembers that it sould rotate the screen by 90° I have to unset the option and set it back again in order to apply the rotation, basically I have to do the same steps of before :lol:

Is not a great problem but I would like to know if you encounter again this strange problem and if you've been able to fix it.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

hi i'm sorry but at this point it's going too far for my knowledge . It seems that what you did for HD 4600Igpu put the troubles . As i have only one GPU , no Gpu embbed in my X99 Motherboard i can't really help you , sorry