Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
GigaByte Z390 M Gaming
Intel Core i9-9900K
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive
EVGA 750 N1, 750W
TP-Link Archer T9E
Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES
--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb
-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
As I have 3 Monitors connected, my RX 570 gets arround 50°C while ideling/ web browsing etc. The problem is, that this temp is apparently just the threshold, when the fans start to spin. So the fans start spinning for a minute then they stop for a while again... This is very annoying for me as the rest of my hackintosh is nearly quiet (SSD, 120mm low RPM cpu fan, nearly silent PSU,...), especially when Im using the pc to revise for school. Does somebody know wether its possible to "change" the threshold till the fans start spinning? Like it would probably not be a problem for the gpu at all, if the temp rises to 55°C but therefore be soundless....
Installing macOS Mojave on Lenovo ThinkPad L440
There are two version of this laptop:
- 20AS = Chipset QM87, without Express Card (mine).
- 20AT = Chipset HM86, with Express Card.
I strong believe is the same thing...
03/28/2019 15:01h GMT-0
- Added info about update 10.14.4.
03/13/2019 13:15h GMT-0
- Updated info about touchpad replacement and CPU and 4G LTE modem.
02/05/2019 18:47h GMT-0
- Updated info about CPU replacement and 4G LTE modem.
02/04/2019 15:24h GMT-0
- Sometimes the VoodooHDA.kext doesn't work.
- Added AppleHDADisabler.kext to fix that (attached bellow).
01/24/2019 14:42h GMT-0
- Added more adjustments to use of VoodooHDA.
- Updated VoodooHDA links to 2.9.1 official (without installer).
- Changed PCM volume from 90 to 180 in Info.plist (attached modified VoodooHDA.kext bellow)
- Updated SSDT-L440.aml (Removed HDEF and HDAU, not needed).
- Updated config.plist (Changed to user Audio layout to 1).
01/22/2019 20:47h GMT-0
- I gave up on the AppleALC.
- Headset does not work.
- Now with VoodooHDA is perfect and the sound even louder.
01/22/2019 14:37h GMT-0
- Added info about update 10.14.3.
01/22/2019 13:46h GMT-0
- Added link to BIOS reassing guide.
01/20/2019 11:49h GMT-0
- First version.
What works and what does not
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M -> Work. All SpeedStep stages.
- Video Card: Intel HD4600 -> Work. QE/CI and Metal.
- Chipset: Intel QM87 -> Work.
- Mini DisplayPort -> Work. But no audio, yet.
- VGA -> Not work. Normal.
- Audio: ALC292 -> Work.
- WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel AC 7260 -> Not work. Replaced with DW1560 (need whitelist removal).
- Ethernet: Intel I217-LM -> Work.
- Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 -> Not work.
- Keyboard and Touchpad -> Work.
- Webcam -> Work.
- Fingerprint Reader -> Not work. Normal.
- USB3.0 -> Work.
- Sleep -> Work.
- Airdrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Continuity -> Work after replaced wireless.
- FullHD 1920x1080 display upgrade:
Replaced with AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 30pin eDP (B140HAN01.2 and B140HAN01.3 also compatible).
Apparently same screen as Dell Latitude E6440, E7440, Lenovo Ideapad U430 and E129.
- CPU upgrade:
Replaced the stock Intel Core i5 4300M 2.6Ghz (3.3Ghz turbo) 6M cache with Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4Ghz (3.4Ghz turbo) 6MB.
I initially had problems with overheating. The processor ran at full load above 90 degrees.
After using a quality thermal paste I can work between 70 and 80 degrees.
Acceptable taking into consideration that the new processor has 47TDP versus 37TDP which is recommended.
I also had no problem consuming the battery while charging. The original 65W source seems to have figured out.
- Touchpad upgrade:
Replaced the stock with T460 touchpad.
This is serious: you have to do it! It should be stock. Touchpad with precision and absurd quality!
Just do it!
- RAM upgrade:
No mistery here. Just upgade.
- Make DP audio work.
- Make Card Reader work.
- Upgrade CPU to i7-4712MQ (Ordered. It's on the way) Done, but received i7-4700MQ (47w TDP, with good paste I have no overheating)
- Replace touchpad with T460 model (Ordered. It's on the way) Done. Sensitivity and perception of quality much better. I recommend 100%!
- Sierra Gobi5000 4G LTE modem EM7355 (Ordered. It's on the way. I hope works. ) Done, but not work. Recognize but not connect. I already gave up...
- Upgrade to 16GB RAM Done
- Make touchpad appear in System Preferences
What you need to install
- Running install of macOS
- One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
- macOS Mojave install app
- Clover EFI
- Clover Configurator
- Some KEXTs and SSDT patches
How create create the install flash drive
Prepare install flash drive
Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".
- Open Disk Utility.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
- Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Create install flash drive
Open terminal and run this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.
Download the RehabMan's CloverEFI fork (used 4910) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":
- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64
- UEFI Drivers - AptioMemoryFix-64
Make things works
Will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop.
- Replace the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with mine attached below
If you have modded BIOS with Advanced Menu and enabled 128MB DRAM-prealloc use 128MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
If no, then use 32MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
- Put SSDT-L440.aml attached below in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Generate your Serial, MLB and SmUUID
- Open the replaced config.plist with Clover Configurator (used 18.104.22.168)
- Go to SMBIOS, click few times in "Generate New" in Serial Number and SmUUID.
Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the VirtualSMC.kext from here. I used version 1.0.2.
- Download the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here. I used version 2018-1008.
- Download the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.5.
- Download the VoodooHDA from here. I used the version 2.9.1 and patched the sound volume (attached below).
- Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.7.
- Download the AppleBacklightFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1013.
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
- Download the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1005.
- Download the FakeSMC.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0915. Replaced with VirtualSMC.kext due 10.14.4 issues on update.
- Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.4. Replaced with VoodooHDA.kext due mic not working.
Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)
Unfortunately, some notebook manufacturers are currently blocking the replacement of wireless cards. They want you to only use the models sold by them. And of course, none of them from Lenovo for this notebook model is compatible with MacOS.
If you try to start with an unauthorized wifi card for them, you will receive a screen error:
1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card. Since this check is done directly in the BIOS, the only solution is to modify it.
But since nothing is easy in this life, there is one small big problem:
- The BIOS update procedure does not allow you to use modded files as it used to be.
- You will need to physically reach your BIOS on the motherboard and make use of a USB BIOS reader/writer.
So what you need to do:
1. Disassembly your laptop;
2. Dump your BIOS with an USB BIOS reader with SOIC8 clip (to not desolder from the motherboard);
3. Patch it (In addition to removing the whitelist, add the advanced menu);
4. Fix RSA signature;
5. Reflash BIOS;
6. Replace wireless card;
7. Remount your laptop;
Soon, I'll provide step by step in this process. Probably until end of this week.
In the meantime, if you need to, send me your dump that I do steps 3 and 4 for you.
I also add the Advanced Menu so you can increase to 128MB the DRAM-prealloc.
To fix a Modded BIOS to remove the 5 beeps on boot, you need this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337333-guide-fix-insyde-h2o-bios-signature-5-beeps-on-lenovo (traduzido: pt-BR)
After replaced the wireless card. Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.9.
- Download the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0505.
- Download the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.2.
Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
My BIOS is the latest: 1.93 (J4ET93WW)
- Shutdown and insert the flash drive.
- Power on with F1 pressed to enter BIOS setup.
- Change value: Config - Intel(R) AMT - Intel(R) AMT Control to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Security Chip to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Intel(R) AT Module Activation to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Computrace to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Secure Boot to DISABLED
- Change value: Startup - UEFI/Legacy Boot to BOTH, Legacy First and CSM Support = Yes
- Save & Exit Setup (F10)
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Macintosh".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
- Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility.
Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. Maybe you have to press F12 again and select the flash drive.
The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.
Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.
Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.
Now you need to replace the config.plist inside your destination disk EFI parittion with config.plist inside flash card EFI partition.
The flash drive EFI partition is unmounted. Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 1.
Copy all Kexts from flash drive to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i / Restart the system.
System update 10.14.3
- Updated with success;
- Everything works perfectly after reboot;
System update 10.14.4
- Updated Clover to 4910.
- Updated Lilu.kext to 1.3.5 and WhateverGreen to 1.2.7.
- After first reboot the update progress stoped with:
GTrace synchronization point 4 Unsupported CPU Unsupported PCH hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20 It was still possible to start the previous installation, selecting "Macintosh" as opposed to "macOS Install" in Clover.
So I created a flash drive with Clover 4910 and put only my config.xml, SSDT-L440.aml, the updated Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. And I decided to test VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC.kext.
With this I was able to install update 10.14.4. After installation I can boot normally, even with FakeSMC.kext that already in /Library/Extensions.
I do not know what exactly happened, but now works everything like was previously.
And last but not least
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
@crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas, @Shiki and all others members involved directly or indirectly.
I’m currently getting around 30seconds on the brucex test and think I can do better. Ive tried disabling dgpu in the bios and enabled to no availe. Currently running 10.14.3 with corps dsdt script.
System is a:
Core i5-8400 / Gigabyte Z370 SLI XP mobo
GC-Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card
[https://pastebin.com/W3PVZCxh](https://pastebin.com/W3PVZCxh) My Config.plist
[https://imgur.com/a/KZ9qgop](https://imgur.com/a/KZ9qgop) Contents of my EFI folder
Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.
Budget Workstation MacOS 10.14.1 build: z370 AORUS Gaming 5 - i5-8600K - RX 580 - UHD 630
flawless iGPU/dGPU integration, fast FCPX editing/rendering, great overall performance for ~$1200 / ~£1000
Update: updated WhateverGreen and Lilu, then updated OS to 10.14.3 and everything is fine! Even iMessage, which previously I hadn't been able to make work, is now working - possibly the update flushed the NVRAM?
I'm gonna come straight out and admit it - I used newb tools which are considered taboo on InsanelyMac, and so this isn't so much an installation guide as it is a green flag to anyone considering the same hardware. My first and previous Hackintosh project was just over ten years ago and this site was massively helpful, so this is my (very small) way of giving back.
CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz hexacore (contains UHD 630 iGPU)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim (no paste needed, and fan facing front)
Mobo: GIGABYTE z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (WIFI)
RAM: 1x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX C16 2666MHz (in first slot)
GFX Card: Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ SE
SATA: used ports 0, 1, 3, 5 (HDD problems when connected to port 4)
DVD Drive: generic
PSU: EVGA 500W Semi Modular (but you should get 650W!)
Case: CoolerMaster CM590 III
Fans: 2x stock case fans (one sucky on front, one blowy on back), 3x be quiet! BL046 120mm fans (two blowy on top, one sucky on front). Airflow near-perfectly balanced.
With the Clover configuration, you want to pay close attention to all things relating to graphics. There are some specific settings for ACPI, Boot, Devices and Graphics which should be copied exactly in order to get the iGPU and dGPU to work in perfect harmony. For instance, make sure you use ig-platform-id 59120003 rather than 59120000 if you want FCPX to be usable. With the right settings, FCPX will not only run, but run flawlessly.
I was not able to figure out how to make NVRAM/PRAM behave itself, and I got errors when I tried to issue relevant commands. As a result, I could not at first get iMessage to work properly. It worked once on my first installation attempt but not from subsequent attempts. This Clover configuration therefore has no consideration whatsoever toward iMessage reliability - however, iMessage ended up working somehow, anyway - I noticed it after I'd updated to 10.14.3 but this may just have been coincidence.
Onboard WiFi does not work. There is no driver for it. I'm using wired ethernet to a bridge router as it was cheaper than getting a compatible PCI card.
Audio is working well after I installed the z370 audio patch, then the ALC1220 codecs, then AppleALC.
With kexts for generic 3rd party SATA and generic 3rd party eSATA, my HDDs and DVD drive work perfectly well.
Sleep/Wake functions run perfectly. iCloud functions run perfectly. Shutdown leaves the mobo LEDs on, annoyingly.
My USB 3 ports seem to suffer from low power output, and I don't know why.
Overall, this system appears to run about as well under MacOS 10.14 Mojave as it does under Windows 7. I would solidly recommend this build to anyone looking to build a computer for workstation purposes, on a budget.