vinhtq115

Color banding with UHD 630 Mobile on Mojave

Do you have color banding with Intel UHD Graphics 630 Mobile on Mojave?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have color banding with Intel UHD Graphics 630 Mobile on Mojave?

• Yes
    • No

20 posts in this topic

I'm having color banding on my Dell G7. It has an Intel UHD 630 Mobile and Nvidia GTX 1060 Max-Q (already disabled by patching ACPI). I have tried all ig-platform-ids and none of them fixed it.

This is how it looks like when I see it directly

oIeuL1Y.jpg

but when I took screenshot and open it on Windows, it had no problem at all.

cW7NjPG.png

If you have fixed this issue before, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

debug_24082.zip

Edited by vinhtq115

Advertisement

Well if you have read the first post for framebuffer patching you would see Laptop: 0x3EA50009 (default)

And you would also see that they need to be entered in reverse byte order Laptop: 0900A53E <--- That is the value.

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Well if you have read the first post for framebuffer patching you would see Laptop: 0x3EA50009 (default)

And you would also see that they need to be entered in reverse byte order Laptop: 0900A53E <--- That is the value.

Alright. After that, I put -igfxdump and -igfxfbdump boot flag and restarted but now I don't know where IGPU framebuffer kext and native and patched framebuffer table were dumped.

Alright. After that, I put -igfxdump and -igfxfbdump boot flag and restarted but now I don't know where IGPU framebuffer kext and native and patched framebuffer table were dumped.

If it worked it should be in the root of your macOS hard drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t find anything dumped there. I will revert back then redo because since I restart, my machine keeps crashing after few minutes.

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is it okay to download the pre-compiled debug version on Release page of Lilu and Whatevergreen and install them instead of compiling? Previously, I used the shell script in the post to generate and it seems like it didn't dump anything even though i had added boot flags with Clover Configurator.

Is it okay to download the pre-compiled debug version on Release page of Lilu and Whatevergreen and install them instead of compiling? Previously, I used the shell script in the post to generate and it seems like it didn't dump anything even though i had added boot flags with Clover Configurator.

Yes precompiled is fine. Make sure boot flags are set correctly and saved.

13 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Yes precompiled is fine. Make sure boot flags are set correctly and saved.

Quick question: do I need to include both -igfxdump and -igfxfbdump or only one of them?

Dumping worked. Here are the files. What should I do next?

AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_18.2.zip

table.zip

Edit: I tried to follow the tutorial of Intel FB-Patcher but I still got color banding. Tested with AAPL,ig-platform-id 3EA50009 and 3E9B0000 but none of them fixed the issue.

Edited by vinhtq115
Update

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Can you increase DVMT in bios?

Dell BIOS doesn't have any option to adjust it.

Do you know how to change Framebuffer depth from ARGB2101010 to ARGB8888? I think the current depth is the cause of this color banding.

Edited by vinhtq115

On 12/10/2018 at 8:26 PM, vinhtq115 said:

Dell BIOS doesn't have any option to adjust it.

Do you know how to change Framebuffer depth from ARGB2101010 to ARGB8888? I think the current depth is the cause of this color banding.

me too, but i'm on i5-8250u with intel UHD 620 , edid can't fix color banding, colour depth is always  ARGB2101010, 

i found "                     __ZN21AppleIntelFramebuffer18maxSupportedDepthsEPK29IODetailedTimingInformationV2:        // AppleIntelFramebuffer::maxSupportedDepths(IODetailedTimingInformationV2 const*)" in the 

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer" 

can we lock it down to 8 bit on this function? 

On 12/17/2018 at 12:18 AM, hugotai said:

me too, but i'm on i5-8250u with intel UHD 620 , edid can't fix color banding, colour depth is always  ARGB2101010, 

i found "                     __ZN21AppleIntelFramebuffer18maxSupportedDepthsEPK29IODetailedTimingInformationV2:        // AppleIntelFramebuffer::maxSupportedDepths(IODetailedTimingInformationV2 const*)" in the 

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer" 

can we lock it down to 8 bit on this function? 

Use ResXtreme to change to ARGB8888. Although the color banding doesn't go away completely, it's less noticeable in some cases.