Lrnzo

Audio, USB, Brightness, Clover Bootloader F3

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I’m trying to finish an install. Need help!

Alienware 17 R5

i7-8750h

samsung 840 pro SSD

gtx 1070

Problems so far:

No audio (ALC298)

There are various fixes but I have not been able to figure out how to apply them correctly

USB ports not recognizing flash usb or usb mouse/keyboars

Brightness and volume (+keys)

Only Windows shows in clover bootloader. F3 reveals others but I’d like to see them all without having to do this and set the osx install as the default.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Speed: 2.21 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 9 MB

Memory: 16 GB

L/E below

Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

L:E.png

Advertisement

GTX 1070 is Pascal architecture, right? As such, you should not require any of those nVidia GeForce/NVDA kexts in /L/E. These would be required only if you used a non-Metal capable card in Mojave (Telsa, Fermi, etc.). High Sierra supports nVidia cards from Kepler, natively or with Web Driver and that extends to Pascal architecture.

Re: ALC298, I'd expect you should be able to get it running by using latest Lilu kext with latest AppleALC kext.

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

AppleALC_ALC298.jpg.14f11f03e813e9f6ab3c2ea6213b41d5.jpg

If the 1st layout does not work, you may experience with the other values listed.

Edited by Hervé

2 minutes ago, Hervé said:

GTX 1070 is Pascal architecture, right? As such, you should not require any of those nVidia GeForce/NVDA kexts in /L/E. These would be required only if you used a non-Metal capable card in Mojave (Telsa, Fermi, etc.). Mojave natively supports nVidia cards from Kepler, which includes later Pascal architecture.

Re: ALC298, I'd expect you should be able to get it running by using latest Lilu kext with latest AppleALC kext.

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

AppleALC_ALC298.jpg.14f11f03e813e9f6ab3c2ea6213b41d5.jpg

If the 1st layout does not work, you may experience with the other values listed.

Yes, it is Pascal. A lot of my progress has been by using other peoples clover folders, as such I probably have unnecessary kexts...

What does the "0x100101, 0x100103" refer to in the layout? I know where layout numbers (3,11,13 etc) go but those are unfamiliar.
Thanks.

Yes, your Clover configuration is... well... something! I don't think you need all that stuff in there. I would not even know where to start in terms of cleanup.

Re: audio, just stick to those layout values and ignore the 0x100xxx values.

13 hours ago, Hervé said:

Yes, your Clover configuration is... well... something! I don't think you need all that stuff in there. I would not even know where to start in terms of cleanup.

Re: audio, just stick to those layout values and ignore the 0x100xxx values.

Thanks