BLU RAY drive sometimes recognizes....sometimes doesn't

Aaron3

11 posts in this topic

I'm having problems with my blu ray drive not always recognizing.  When I first reloaded with Mojave the other day, it showed up and worked properly.  Now it doesn't show under 'Disc Burning', and shows up 'SATA/SATA Express' as Unknown.  It did this same thing on a Z270 board I had it on, and I thought it might be the board, obviously not.  

I need this to work consistently.....what might be causing this?

MSI Z170 Gaming Pro Carbon

i7-6700k

16GB RAM

MSI RX580

BLU-RAY Drive / LG-UH12NS40

styrian - Thanks for the link, but the download links are non existent anymore, and the process of finding anything with IORegistryExplorer is near impossible without explanation for ones who don't know anything about it like me.

marvelloard - Thanks, I tried that hoping it'd be an easy fix, didn't work.  

8 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

clover's others folder or those 2 you mentioned.

Thanks, installed in clover's 'other' folder and nothing changed.  Maybe the screenshots of exactly what it's showing will help.  Just remember, it worked last week on this exact setup, I changed nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.19.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.19.09 AM.png

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

try rebuild cache

Just tried that, no go either.

Could it have anything to do with my system definition?  It's iMac 14,2, which is an iMac that of course didn't come with an internal drive.  If I should change it, what too...and the best way to change it, as every time I've changed it on Hacks in the past it crashed my system.