NO Device to select install

DeeDubauWhy

4 posts in this topic

everything was going fine until i got to the point where it asked to select a device to install on.....well there is no device that i could select from. Specs is a Dell insiprion 1200. Any clues as to why i can not select a destination??

PS...trying to use the mac os x 10.4.7 amd-intel Jas

everything was going fine until i got to the point where it asked to select a device to install on.....well there is no device that i could select from. Specs is a Dell insiprion 1200. Any clues as to why i can not select a destination??

PS...trying to use the mac os x 10.4.7 amd-intel Jas

You need to have available hfs+ partition, use diskedit to create one (for example by erasing FAT32 partition). Make sure to backup your data.

think you could give me alittle more detail on how-to or point me to a tutorial/post that has already done so, cas you seem to know how to do this already :D

First of all, you need a partition for OSX. If you're windows user and don't have a spare partition, try to use partition magic to prepare one. Format it to FAT32. Of course, any data on that partition will be lost :construction:

Boot from your JaS' dvd, and when the installer starts select utilities->disk utility. Select on your prepared patition, click on Erase "tab", select volume format to "Mac OS extended (Journaled)" and click "Erase" button. Then you'll be able to select installation target.

If it's your first time installation, make sure to select "custom" install option and select necessary patches.

Good luck, and enjoy the world of OSX86 :)