osxone

no clarity on other members ABUSIVE Approach

4 posts in this topic

I am sixty years of age and finding my way around hackintosh so not up to speed with all that there is to know, It upsets me a great deal when asking for help that someone replies to an old person such as myself as if to be abusive towards me. Maybe some know everything there is to know I came here to learn and to share a passion for this hobby please read the postings under sound where I ask for help, remember I am not in any way an expert just, asking for advice and a solution.

What options are open to users of the forum when we feel someone's approach which does not offer a solution only abuse and does not create a positive atmosphere to learn in.

OsxOne

Advertisement

Hi, which sub topic did you post under?

Edit: Found it. Yes I see the issue, some people are more blunt than others and sometimes there is a language barrier as well.

If you would kindly upload your clover folder minus serial numbers and themes and your ioreg I will take a look at your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the rules:

No Flaming. This includes racism, threatening, personal attacks, victimization or hateful content. Retaliation will not be tolerated either; if a member has broken a rule, please use the report feature on the forum and the staff will deal with the situation appropriately.

If you think that he has violated a rule, use the report button.

4 hours ago, osxone said:

I am sixty years of age and finding my way around hackintosh so not up to speed with all that there is to know, It upsets me a great deal when asking for help that someone replies to an old person such as myself as if to be abusive towards me. Maybe some know everything there is to know I came here to learn and to share a passion for this hobby please read the postings under sound where I ask for help, remember I am not in any way an expert just, asking for advice and a solution.

What options are open to users of the forum when we feel someone's approach which does not offer a solution only abuse and does not create a positive atmosphere to learn in.

OsxOne 

Hi   :)

I'm really sorry to hear that   :(  I would just like you to know that we are doing our best to maintain/preserve the purpose of our forum.

These rules cover a broad spectrum and are set up to preserve a free and open (and fun) place for discussion. They, in conjunction with common sense and good judgment, should steer you in the right direction. We're all human and we know that people make mistakes... but that's also not an excuse. More rules are subject to appear on this board as we see fit, so please check back from time to time for your own benefit.

That said, we can not change people (otherwise, we would have to start by ourselves) but we sincerely hope that our rules will have a more possessive impact than anything else.

But despite our shortcomings, I hope you will still enjoy our community.   ;)