Boot error

amir9000

13 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have the hardware setup I listed bellow, I'm trying to install Mojave or even High Sierra on it but no luck, it always stuck at the boot and gives me this error "Couldn’t allocate runtime area". I don't know what could be wrong.

Can anyone give me an advice? Thanks.

Here is my hardware:

- ASUS TUF X299 MARK I Motherboard

- Intel Core i9-7980XE Skylake X 18-Core 2.6 GHz

- CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

- Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5" SSD

- NVIDIA GeForce Titan X Pascal 12GB NVIDIA

- GeForce GTX 680

- CORSAIR AX1200i Digital 1200W Power supply

Edited by amir9000
Correcting wrong text

Hello and welcome!

Your Pascal GPU is not compatible with OSX 14.x and with 10.13.6 only supported by Webdrivers. Remove it from the build and use a your hardware matching smbios of real Mac. Try to install with Lilu + weg in Clover/kexts/other. Perhaps you have to use your CPU gfx or check in Clover nv-disable for the install.

Have fun.

PS: It would be nice, if you could follow this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/336486-video-how-to-add-a-signature/?tab=comments#comment-2647874

• Like 1

"Couldn’t allocate runtime area" is the clue.

Usually means your using wrong OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

Try the other versions, you may get further...

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, styrian said:

Hello and welcome!

Your Pascal GPU is not compatible with OSX 14.x and with 10.13.6 only supported by Webdrivers. Remove it from the build and use a your hardware matching smbios of real Mac. Try to install with Lilu + weg in Clover/kexts/other. Perhaps you have to use your CPU gfx or check in Clover nv-disable for the install.

Have fun.

PS: It would be nice, if you could follow this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/336486-video-how-to-add-a-signature/?tab=comments#comment-2647874

Thank you, I will try removing the TitanX and see.

10 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

"Couldn’t allocate runtime area" is the clue.

Usually means your using wrong AptioMemoryFix driver

Try the other versions, you may get further...

Thanks, How do I use another version?

Thank you! But still No luck, I tried all these solutions but unfortunately, non of them seemed to work :(

Could it be because I have an M.2 SSD in the build? even though I'm not installing Mac os on it, I'm installing to another regular SSD

Anyways, I keep trying different things in Clover Configurator and I keep getting different errors:

01.jpg.dbbb7cb3ff657eca8df9599b09a95b6c.jpg02.jpg.a4539bf15d683c14c5ac3871f9941dd2.jpg03.jpg.98864b5c35f357b5802f083660d807a9.jpg

01.jpg

I have seen your error or very similar before but what solved it was using another SATA port on another controller (this motherboard has 2 additional 3rd party SATA controller) and not the intel. Later it was fixed. I then could use the intel SATA. Have you tried an external USB to SATA dongle with your SSD? See if you can install onto it using USB externally with your drive connected to that.