Upgrade to 10.11.6 no longer boots - row of plus signs and halts +++++++++++++++++++++++

benze

2 posts in this topic

I had a functional installation of El Capitan 10.11.3 running with Clover 3330.  Everything was working well.  My son then accidentally tried to upgrade to 10.11.6 and everything has broken since then.  The boot sequence gave me errors of being unable to reallocate memory.  A little searching around pointed to the version of Clover being too old/incompatible.  I've since pulled the drive out of the machine, mounted it on a different Mac and tried installing Clover 4722 to it.  

Now, when the system boots, all I see is a row of plus signs (++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++) and it freezes.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I've seen posts on a High Sierra Forum suggesting to replace  VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi, but that has not produced any additional help.

I've seen posts which suggest disabling the cache (kext-dev-mode=1) and try to boot single user mode, but that doesn't work either - I still get stuck at the row of pluses.

I'm attaching my config.plist if it can shed any light.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm lost and not sure what to do/try next.

My Configuration is:

GA H97N-Wifi

i5-4590

Graphics: HD4600

Thanks,

Eric

config.plist

Finally got it working using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi drive that I found on this site.  I don't know if the equivalent file exists here but wasn't able to find it.

I also replaced the VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi.

Everything seems to be working now. Thx.

Eric