Jump to content
Wayang-NT

macOS Mojave 10.14.1 is out

66 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
3 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

Try to boot -s to single user mode, and sudo command again.

 

I booted into single user mode and ran the script. When it checks for an update I get:

"cat: update-catalogs.gz: No such file or directory"

 

 

UPDATE - realized I don't have networking while in single user mode, so therefore it can't check apple.

Edited by CreativelyChris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CreativelyChris said:

 

I booted into single user mode and ran the script. When it checks for an update I get:

"cat: update-catalogs.gz: No such file or directory"

 

 

UPDATE - realized I don't have networking while in single user mode, so therefore it can't check apple.

 

I think it's not the update-script issue, but you can try to boot -s to single user mode, and try the command.

the update-script works fine here.

update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 1:20 AM, Fergarth said:

Suave suavecito aqui since yesterday... :whistle:

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-31, às 22.12.46.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-31, às 22.13.13.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-31, às 22.13.39.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-31, às 22.15.13.png

And how do you get HDMI, 5.1CH, SPDF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 12:17 AM, ellaosx said:

what smbios did you use?

MacPro6,1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 9:21 AM, headkaze said:

Okay one last try for me. RehabMan suggests the check could be in AppleUSBXHCIPCI. So I found the only obvious cmp that might be it.

 

Patch 1:


Find: 83fb0f0f 838f0400 00
Replace: 83fb0f90 90909090 90
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
MatchOS: 10.14.x

 

Hi @headkaze thanks for your posts and your research on the USB port limits patch on macOS Mojave 10.14.1.

I tested both patches and the patch number 1 is working on my rig. I'm have tested it on my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 with 3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 3.1 port on the back panel and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front header all of which are working perfectly fine with your patch.

 

Thanks again :)

Edited by Cyberdevs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi @headkaze thanks for your posts and your research on the USB port limits patch on macOS Mojave 10.14.1.

I tested both patches and the patch number 1 is working on my rig. I'm have tested it on my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 with 3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 3.1 port on the back panel and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front header all of which are working perfectly fine with your patch.

 

Thanks again :)

 

@Cyberdevs@headkaze,

 

I used this patch

Find: 83fb0f0f 838f0400 00
Replace: 83fb0f90 90909090 90
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
MatchOS: 10.14.x

 

with my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe straight from the beginning and it does not work at all.

 

It is by the way the 10.14.1 port limit patch of @PMHeart, already extensively discussed during the 10.14.1 betas

 

 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

It is by the way the 10.14.1 port limit patch of @PMHeart, already extensively discussed during the 10.14.1 betas

 

The patch was created by me based on a previous PMHeart patch (83fb0f0f 83030500 00). As I explained I simply searched for his original patch removing a byte at a time until it was found. There could very well already be a patch like it out there. From what I can gather though it doesn't work anyway.

Edited by headkaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

 

I used this patch


Find: 83fb0f0f 838f0400 00
Replace: 83fb0f90 90909090 90
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
MatchOS: 10.14.x

with my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe straight from the beginning and it does not work at all.

It is by the way the 10.14.1 port limit patch of @PMHeart, already extensively discussed during the 10.14.1 betas

I've been using the same patch and today it stopped working after doing a system cache rebuild and all the previous patches stopped working so I gave those patches posted by headkaze a try and this patch got my USB 3.0 ports back.

I usually don't test the beta updates but I test the DP/Beta macOS releases so.

This is the patch that I was using:

10.14.0

Find: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00

Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

 

Which stopped working (was working on 10.14.1 as well up until today after I rebuilt the system caches)

 

and this is the patch that I'm currently using:

10.14.1

Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

Which is working perfectly fine on my rig.

@headkaze

 

Edited by Cyberdevs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I've been using the same patch and today it stopped working after doing a system cache rebuild and all the previous patches stopped working so I gave those patches posted by headkaze a try and this patch got my USB 3.0 ports back.

I usually don't test the beta updates but I test the DP/Beta macOS releases so.

This is the patch that I was using:

10.14.0

Find: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00

Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

 

Which stopped working (was working on 10.14.1 as well up until today after I rebuilt the system caches)

 

and this is the patch that I'm currently using:

10.14.1

Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

Which is working perfectly fine on my rig.

@headkaze

 

 

10.14.1

AppleUSBXHCI

Find: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

 

533853649_Screenshot2018-11-02at23_49_15.thumb.png.6d93982c2acc933b24be85a0a2e35210.png

 

 

1164401659_Screenshot2018-11-02at23_35_04.png.f95b6f55e8d5ee4ad986090f0cb1355d.png

 

15 ports implemented, and SSP2 to SSP6 (5 ports) missing! 

 

Can you show a XHCI IOREG snapshot with this patch supposedly working fine on your rig? Does the number of implemented ports really exceed the 15 port limit in your case? 

 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

15 ports implemented, and SSP2 to SSP6 (5 ports) missing! 

 

There is currently no known working port limit patch at this time. We now have a work around with USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.0+) using -uia_exclude_* flags to disable ports and configure them in groups. You can follow RehabMan's updated guide or use my Intel FB-Patcher utility to help you discover the ports. There is a guide in the first post and feedback is welcome.

IntelFBPatcherUSBPorts.png

Edited by headkaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, headkaze said:

 

There is currently no known working port limit patch at this time. We now have a work around with USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.0+) using -uia_exclude_* flags to disable ports and configure them in groups. You can follow RehabMan's updated guide or use my Intel FB-Patcher utility to help you discover the ports. Feedback is welcome.

IntelFBPatcherUSBPorts.png

 

I already have a working workaround based on my truncated 15-port XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. It just drops one internal USB3.0 (2x HS, 2x HS) and one external USB2.0 connector (1x HS) and fully implents all remaining connectors even under 10.14.1 without any port limit patch.  

 

I know that there is no working port limit patch for now already since the 10.14.1 betas, that’s why I was responding on latest news by @cyberdevs as I was just curious. 

 

That’s all from my side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to hackintoshing, and I just installed 10.14.1 on my i7 8700k / asus mobo/ gtx1070 build, and it works great! However, I noticed that it needs the "nvidia webdrivers" that everyone is talking about in this thread (the display is stuck at 1280x1024...)

 

I also saw a video where the guy said that nvidia webdrivers would be out 2-3 weeks after mojave came out. It's been almost 2 months since it's release, and still no webdrivers? Does anybody know why they might be postponing it like this?

Edited by koksal123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a new version of Mac OS is released they take a while to release nvidia web drivers. Even then it might not perform well. You can try to use a older version of nvidia web drivers. You would have to search it. I forgot how it’s done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×