No Display Wake after Hibernation nor Standby

NinjaPotato

2 posts in this topic

So hey everybody, sorry if I create another post on this already solved problem, but I can't seem to find a solution that works.
Whenever my desktop's screen goes standby or I put my Hackintosh into Sleep mode, after it wakes up, the screen stays black, without signal (HDMI no signal).
This is an already well debated problem, but I think that there's something unique to my setup that prevents sleep from working, so I kindly somebody to help me, especially since I need my Hackintosh for graphic design and I can't have to reboot it every time it goes to sleep-

Now, my setup is
-ASUS z97 pro-gamer (with the front usb 3.0 and audio ports of my case attached to the mobo dedicated usb 3 and hd audio connectors)
-i5-4690K
-Nvidia gtx-970
-Samsung 850 Evo 128gb SSD
-1 tb WD blue
Running on High Sierra 10.13.6

The screen is attached to the HDMI Port of the GTX 970. I have the web drivers installed and properly working, plus I have enabled the iGPU (hd4600) to work in parallel with external graphics for enabling hardware accelerated encoding (42 seconds in the BruceX 5k bench). I've enabled this using Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext, "shikigva=12" as boot arg and my ig-platform-id=0x0d220003. I also have set "AppleIntelCPUPM" in config.plist. I use Mac 14,2 as system definition. Even though i've also tried the graphicsfixup.kext, it still won't work.

I will also attach my entire EFI clover partition if anyone would be so kind to go and check out if there's something wrong in my configuration!  I bet that there's something wrong in the Kexts or the Confing.plist!

Thanks in advance for help I hope to receive soon! :crazy::banghead::mrgreen:

CLOVER.zip

config.plist

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 10:06 PM, Hervé said:

AppleIntelCPUPM patch is not required on Haswell platforms so you can tick that off; Apple switched CPU power management to the kernel as from 4th gen CPUs. You only need to apply the AppleIntelCPUPM patch on Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge (laptop?) platforms.

Also, in your Clover config:

• ACPI section:
    • no need to set Generate P States + Generate C States; that applies to C2D/C2Q/1st gen Core CPUs only
  • ACPI section:
    • untick those Enable C2/C4/C6/C7 options
    • you may want to set PlugIn Type to 1
  • CPU section:
    • you should not need to set those latency + C2/C4/C6 options

Once you're in High Sierra, check your hibernation status with Terminal command pmset -g since you probably want to stick to plain old sleep. If hibernation mode is set to 3, revert to plain old sleep with the following commands:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset -a hibernatefile /dev/null
sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage

Thank you so much for the support, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. Could you point me to a fresh install guide that may make everything work? Because I think that maybe it's just the drivers installed by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] that aren't right. Or maybe it's just me.

For example I tried to enable the multi cpu+gpu video encoding for better pefprmance in fcpx, but since I freshly install the system the display never wakes up after the cpu wakes.

Thanks in advance!