Jump to content
fallen00sniper

AirportBrcmFixup

128 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

You could try a fake id in clover for the WiFi, my wireless card “worked oob”, but in Mojave it needed a fake id set for WiFi only.

 

i don’t really remember which card it was, it might show up around page 3 of this thread and Igave up on that asus card, shipped it to my son and he is enjoying it currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

@rooney08, I would try to install 10.13.6 and check it with the same hardware.

Sometimes ACPI methods can turn off hardware using dedicated pins. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, matgeo said:

Is there any way to change wifi country code without using airportfixup.kext , in High Sierra and Mojave ?

Yes, there is a way - using boot-args or clover device properties, please have a look a github page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lvs1974 said:

@rooney08, I would try to install 10.13.6 and check it with the same hardware.

Sometimes ACPI methods can turn off hardware using dedicated pins. 

Yes, there is a way - using boot-args or clover device properties, please have a look a github page. 

I'm using brcmfx-country=#a but it doesn't work withiut the kext. At least on HS and Mojave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, matgeo said:

I'm using brcmfx-country=#a but it doesn't work withiut the kext. At least on HS and Mojave.

I have just checked in 10.14.3 with the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext and Lilu.kext, it works.

Screenshot 2019-03-10 at 14.37.27.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lvs1974 said:

I have just checked in 10.14.3 with the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext and Lilu.kext, it works.

Screenshot 2019-03-10 at 14.37.27.png

Yes , I know that.

I want to change country code without using airportfixup.kext , since my card is nativerly supported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 12:43 AM, fallen00sniper said:

You could try a fake id in clover for the WiFi, my wireless card “worked oob”, but in Mojave it needed a fake id set for WiFi only.

 

i don’t really remember which card it was, it might show up around page 3 of this thread and Igave up on that asus card, shipped it to my son and he is enjoying it currently.

 

Thank you, I tried that as well but the system always shows it with the actual (native) id no matter what I inject with Clover. I tried even changing my DSDT to fake it and it still sees the card with 14e4,43ba ID (which *should* be fine since it's natively supported).

 

I think this is the key line in my logs though - for some reason the driver or something is seeing a Vendor ID of ffff insted of 14e4 and my theory is that's why it can't power it back on. I just can't seem to figure out why it's seeing the vendor id as ffff instead of 14e4

 

default	10:46:06.646298 -0500	kernel	ARPT: 92.568205: VendorID check failed! vendorId[ffff] != 14e4  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

@lvs1974

I just saw that you used fakeid to fake 43b1 as 43ba. What was the reason behind this?

Just for debugging/checking of faking id functionality in AirportBrcmFixup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lvs1974

But works with only your AirportBrcmFixup (no fakeid)?

Cause i have a new DW1560 that supposed to work with your kext, but does not.

Its detected, but i cant it turn it ON.

 

Off-topic:

All DW1560 has BT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

@lvs1974

But works with only your AirportBrcmFixup (no fakeid)?

Cause i have a new DW1560 that supposed to work with your kext, but does not.

Its detected, but i cant it turn it ON.

 

Off-topic:

All DW1560 has BT?

You can try Clover DSDT Fix_Airport + Fake ID: 4353 + AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Edited by lvs1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lvs1974

Il try tomorrow. Laptop is at home.

Im not new to AirportBrcmFixup. I have  several broadcom that im using for my laptops and desktops. All worked great!

The only new to me is 43b1 device id (for my new laptop) that im having problem with.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellaosx said:

@lvs1974

Il try tomorrow. Laptop is at home.

Im not new to AirportBrcmFixup. I have  several broadcom that im using for my laptops and desktops. All worked great!

The only new to me is 43b1 device id (for my new laptop) that im having problem with.

 

Thanks.

When I started using this 43b1 device in may laptop I couldn't turn it on. I had to isolate two pins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lvs1974

Il try both of your suggestions,  also the boot-arg brcmfx-driver=[0|1|2].

 

Are you still using the pin method or it has been fixed by your driver?

 

Pin method would be hard on a NGFF  M.2 card :D

Edited by ellaosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellaosx said:

@lvs1974

Il try both of your suggestions,  also the boot-arg brcmfx-driver=[0|1|2].

 

Are you still using the pin method or it has been fixed by your driver?

 

I don't think driver can fix it. Once I isolated pins by scotch tape -> it works. I never tried to remove it and check again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lvs1974

Then i guess i have to tape Pins 54 & 56 which are the W_Disable pins if the other method fails.

Il update you tomorrow.

 

Thanks again for the infos.

Edited by ellaosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

@lvs1974

Then i guess i have to tape Pins 54 & 56 which are the W_Disable pins if the other method fails.

Il update you tomorrow.

 

Thanks again for the infos.

Yes, I think you are right:

https://lybomudr.ru/en/132-zapuskaem-wi-fi-modul-pci-express-m-2-ngff-bcm94352z-bcm94352zae-dw1560-pod-windows-10-v-acer-v3-371-i-drugikh-2.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lvs1974

Finally got it to work. Pinning 54 & 56 did it.

Im just wondering why other users with the same laptop and also replaced with dw1560 (same dev id) did not mention this. I tried to contact them but no one replied :(

 

Thanks for the link and for your time :)

Edited by ellaosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Developer Team

 


I'm going to buy an Asus PCE-AC88 (Broadcom 4366) card for Windows and my Hackintosh i7 9700K. PCI_14e4_43c5 (5GHZ) PCI_14e4_43c4 (2,4GHZ), PCI_14e4_43c3 (AC Dual Band)

 

A future version of AirportbrcmfixUp be able fo support it? Please

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a problem that I think stems from AirportBrcmFixup or Lilu.

Both when trying to load the kext through the console, and rebuilding the kext cache, I get an error along the lines of "/Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found. Can't resolve dependencies for kext load request."

This results in the kext not loading.

I have the latest version of Lilu and AirportBrcmFixip up to date.

 

More info here: 

 

Edited by Coldsteak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coldsteak said:

I'm having a problem that I think stems from AirportBrcmFixup or Lilu.

Both when trying to load the kext through the console, and rebuilding the kext cache, I get an error along the lines of "/Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found. Can't resolve dependencies for kext load request."

This results in the kext not loading.

I have the latest version of Lilu and AirportBrcmFixip up to date.

 

More info here: 

 

if you are using clover, put all of your addon kexts in Other folder, probably a conflict because you are using multiple kexts that you likely do not need.

what does it do with only AiportBrcmFixup installed and clover patching in my experience has worked way better than additional kexts.

 

i've never had these kexts fail to load, also it would help a lot if we could see your config folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fallen00sniper said:

 

if you are using clover, put all of your addon kexts in Other folder, probably a conflict because you are using multiple kexts that you likely do not need.

what does it do with only AiportBrcmFixup installed and clover patching in my experience has worked way better than additional kexts.

 

i've never had these kexts fail to load, also it would help a lot if we could see your config folder.

All of the bluetooth ones are required for my system to have bluetooth work. I tested by removing all of those kexts and the problem still occurs.

You're legit the first guy to respond to my pleas, thank you.

 

Also what would be considered an addon kext? Some of those kexts listed are suggested by the dev to be placed in L/E. I did try to have AirportBrcmFixup in Clover, but I still get the same issue.

Here is my config and all the kexts I have in L/E (first pic,) and Clover (second pic):

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.45.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.52.03 PM.png

EDIT: Just noticed I have a dupe kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector lol.

Edited by Coldsteak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to bed at the moment, but post your config in a zip folder as it is in your efi folder.

 

maybe I can help some, I do think without having a chance to look at the config you might have too many kexts, overlapping or possibly something that can be patched in clover.

 

lets start at the beginning, which motherboard, cpu, video card and wireless are you using?

 

 I will get back to you as soon as I can, but it may be a few days.

 

if you can find @MaLd0n he’s a really helpful and knowledgeable fellow and has gotten me through some hard spots, matter of fact I’m supposed to reach out to him about a odd usb issue. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fallen00sniper said:

I’m going to bed at the moment, but post your config in a zip folder as it is in your efi folder.

 

maybe I can help some, I do think without having a chance to look at the config you might have too many kexts, overlapping or possibly something that can be patched in clover.

 

lets start at the beginning, which motherboard, cpu, video card and wireless are you using?

 

 I will get back to you as soon as I can, but it may be a few days.

 

if you can find @MaLd0n he’s a really helpful and knowledgeable fellow and has gotten me through some hard spots, matter of fact I’m supposed to reach out to him about a odd usb issue. :D

OH I completely forgot about my specs, my bad.

So I'm on a laptop, Asus Vivobook (F510UA)

CPU: Core i5 8th gen

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620

Wireless: DW1560/BCM20702A0

Motherboard: N/A because it's a laptop, ASUS BIOS

 

I didn't upload my EFI folder initially because it's too big to upload here, I put it on my cloud storage: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asm7qfyxvd1LgeIU681JYtSgRzjLyQ

 

And I just want to reiterate from my reddit post, when this started to happen I have made no hardware or software changes. Just got a kernel panic one day and then it started happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×