Clover doesn’t start in any way

adamantinum

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

some weeks ago I installed on my Asus laptop High Sierra and I also upgraded to Mojave, altough I deleted the system for various reasons.

Recently I decided to reinstall High Sierra. This time, I don’t know why, I chose APFS file system. During the reboot Clover didn’t start: it shows the standard lines with “efi... etc,” but then Clover don’t appear and the computer shows “Disk error. No bootable device”.

I reinstalled clover more ande more times, but with no results. I’m quite desperate. :worried_anim:

Thank you and sorry for my bad English (and if you find mistakes, please tell me, so I can improve it! :yes:).

You messed up with Clover installation settings. Probably because you used "all in one tools" aka #####. (Click the link or read the rules, you will find out that tonymac's tools are not supported here).

If you want to keep using their tools, go elsewhere. If you want to post here, respect the rules. Super easy.

You laptop should support UEFI, i see no point in going legacy.

Follow this guide (read carefully and erase the usb): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

Then download Clover from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

1535456089_Schermata2018-10-21alle10_56_08.png.5cb1a28debe2c8c30fb8f9381d1a54be.png

731269422_Schermata2018-10-21alle10_56_17.png.3d03a4f61ae1f80a4078ca51b1a6d648.png

NOTHING ELSE should be selected.

Place FakeSMC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Add also Lilu.kext, Whatevergreen.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext

When you complete all these steps, attach EFI folder again. I hope today you learned something new.

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Edited by foskvs
  • Like 2

Thank you for the answer! Actually I used the regular Clover installer, but because of some problema during installation I Aldo tryed with one of the “prohibited tools”, Anthony replacing the CLOVER directory with one that I knew working. Now I’m giunge to take your advice and I’ll edit this post when I will have done it! :)

Edit: Ok, I have installed Clover in the correct way (and uploaded the right EFI) and now it starts! Altough pc reboots at "End RandomSeed +++++". Maybe have I forgotten any kexts? Thanks again! :)

Edited by adamantinum

15 hours ago, adamantinum said:

Thank you very much! I installed successfully High Sierra! There are some glitches… 

Remove igfx fake id from config.plist/Devices, save and reboot. Attach an ioreg with ioregostryexplorer. You can download the app by clicking on the link in my signature.

15 hours ago, adamantinum said:

May you tell me what was wrong with my config.plist? So I can learn for the future! :) 

Haswell+ system require a kernel patch to avoid early reboot (KernelPM in config.plist).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foskvs said:

Remove igfx fake id from config.plist/Devices, save and reboot. Attach an ioreg with ioregostryexplorer. You can download the app by clicking on the link in my signature.

Haswell+ system require a kernel patch to avoid early reboot (KernelPM in config.plist).

Ok, thank you again! About the glitches, I have already solved setting the ig-platform-id to 59160000 and unchecking InjectInvidia!

• Like 1