*HELP - Reboot During Install 10.14

theconsumer1

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I cannot get Mojave to install. I wipe the drive in the installer usb and proceed. The installer proceeds until 2 minutes remaining in progress bar then reboots my system back to the clover usb... My drive does not show up in the clover menu. Probably because... Ding ding ding we have a winner... Mac os was never installed.

Is this a boot issue or config issue?

GA-Z97-D3H

I7 4790K OC 4.6GHZ

Msi GTX 980 

Using 10.12 config that has worked fine for years.

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, theconsumer1 said:

Do I need all the DSDT patches in the guide?

All Hackintosh needs DSDT patching. The main reason to use patches in config.plist it is for a temporary period. Unfortunately some users don't want to do much work, so they "think" that it's everything ok...

3 hours ago, theconsumer1 said:

Once again the symptoms are the same. Reboot at 2 minutes remaining. 

Hmmm, your UEFI/BIOS settings are ok?

If you got this error again, boot with -v debug=0x100, then post a pic here.

6 hours ago, Allan said:

All Hackintosh needs DSDT patching. 

I never had any issues before and only had maybe 2 or 3 fixes in my config. How can I see my errors

6 hours ago, Allan said:

Hmmm, your UEFI/BIOS settings are ok?

If you got this error again, boot with -v debug=0x100, then post a pic here.

I don't understand how this helps. The installer boots fine. It's during the installation that the system reboots. At 2 minutes remaining. Booting in verbose won't show anything.

Thanks for help.

hi..

after this last reboot..can you see your drive at clover menu? "My drive does not show up in the clover menu. "

do you have the proper web drivers ?

are you using the last clover?

c.frio

55 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

hi..

after this last reboot..can you see your drive at clover menu? "My drive does not show up in the clover menu. "

do you have the proper web drivers ?

are you using the last clover?

c.frio

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest clover. I'm not sure what you mean by web drivers? - this is initial install not post-installation.

The drive does not show up in clover menu because its prematurely rebooting at 2 minutes remaining during install. I don't think this is normal, is it?

Attached is config files. Thanks for all your help. 

theconsumer1-10-14-18.zip

hi...

as I read...you can use the APFS.efi or use the APFSDriverLoader.efi in the clover..so it will use the one inside Mojave..

I use the apfs.efi...

c.frio

Edited by C.Frio

4 hours ago, theconsumer1 said:

I don't understand how this helps. The installer boots fine. It's during the installation that the system reboots.

Using the boot-arg -v debug=0x100 will stop the screen of the error, so you'll have a better idea about which error are happening.

When we recommend something to you, don't worry we are trying to give the right path for you.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I have the same issue but I have APFSDriverLoader. Actually I see the new APFS partition and can boot it until it says Mojave was not installed. I tried rebooting several times (no flags have been added as suggested here), install again, same 2minutes remaining reboot and same error after.

I used latest Clover v2.5k-5101 and files from https://github.com/johnnync13/Xiaomi-Mi-Air/

New issue here: https://github.com/johnnync13/Xiaomi-Mi-Air/issues/67

Thanks if can help me figure that out.

Cheers

edit: attached my last error pic

_DSC0081.JPG

Edited by mikmikmik