Help Needed...

HulaHula

7 posts in this topic

Greetings all. Sorry to ask for help on my first post, I'm not a leech and am happy to help others if I can, which is why I'm a refugee from the loved/hated (depending on your perspective) Tony Mac.

I have a GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI SOCKET LGA1150 Mobo, and a Intel Core i7-4790K CPU (both getting a bit old now I suppose - like me). Installations since (and including) Yosemite have always been successful and pretty straightforward, I'm currently running High Sierra, which is solid as a rock.

Here's the thing. For the life of me I cannot successfully install or upgrade to Mojave. I suspect the problem is in the EFI/EFI/Clover config.plist or kexts, but I'm now comprehensively out of my depth.

Is there any kind soul with the same setup who is prepared to zip up their EFI/EFI folder and send it to me so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong? I've zipped and attached my /EFI/EFI folder in case there's something obvious I should change... Or, alternatively, anyone who can identify the reason why installation hangs based on my current bootloader USB?

All help gratefully received, I've tried everything I can think of and am now at the limits of my knowledge.

EFI.zip

Edited by HulaHula
Spall chack

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Try this one.

Also please add system specs in signature.

EFI.zip

Tried booting with this EFI from USB and from the HDD (I normally boot from USB as a security option). Did not boot, but got further along than previously. Hung at boot stage 1 (the Apple logo and progress bar - 1st appearance, then hung wgen the progress bar was full.

Bit of a bugger really... does it say anything obvious to you? Doensn't to me but then I'm old and decrepit.

Tried booting with this EFI from USB and from the HDD (I normally boot from USB as a security option). Did not boot, but got further along than previously. Hung at boot stage 1 (the Apple logo and progress bar - 1st appearance, then hung wgen the progress bar was full.

Bit of a bugger really... does it say anything obvious to you? Doensn't to me but then I'm old and decrepit.

I’ll modify your EFI again tomorrow at some point and try again. Yes USB is the best option so you don’t mess things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 8:45 PM, SavageAUS said:

I’ll modify your EFI again tomorrow at some point and try again. Yes USB is the best option so you don’t mess things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*bump* were you able to come up with any possible solutions?