1. macinsane

macinsane

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By midi-sama
      After a long time of cooking this computer up with a lot of stuff, I'm finally releasing my guide for this P50 with OpenCore.

Lenovo ThinkPad P50 macOS Install with OpenCore

This thread may be used for questions/corrections/additions. Good Luck.
    • By Cwtf
      I made a clean install of High Sierra on a 1TB crucial ssd. Installed clover Clover_v2.5k_r5070 into the EFI of this ssd, but when I tried to make it my default boot drive, the clover screen wouldn't come up, and left a black screen.
      I tried using the Olarilia usb drive and clover did the same thing. 

I thought maybe that it was a theme issue so I tried to blind boot by just hitting the enter key but the nothing happened.
      I restarted and selected my my old drive with clover v2.4k_4945 from the bios the bios boot menu.  Clover came up and I could select my new drive from the clover menu.     

Changing the themes, didn't help. No matter what theme I chose (including embedded), clover v2.5k didn't work, and  I still got just a black screen.

Do I need to install v2.4k on my new drive or is there a way I can get v2.5k working?

I have a GA-x79-ud5 motherboard, AMD  rx580 graphics card and use a Sony 4k tv as my monitor.
    • By DOGER92
      Hi guys, I'm new to the world of Hackintosh. I write in this section because I have a problem with the graphics card of my laptop. As far as I understand from the web, it is not possible to use a dedicated graphics card on a laptop. So I'm trying to use the integrated processor one. The problem is that I have tried various procedures seen online, but in spite of this I cannot solve the problem. If you need this is the equipment of my laptop:

Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD-FI038T

Screen: Led 15.6” 16:9 (Ultra HD 3480x2160).
      Chipset: Intel HM175.
      Cpu: Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.80 GHz / 3.80 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3).
      Graphics Card: INTEL HD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5.
      Hard Disk: SSD M.2 512 GB SATA 3.0 + SSD 750GB.
      Ram: 32GB DDR4-2666.
      Audio: audio stereo Harman Kardon.
      Webcam: webcam HD with integrated headphone.
      Lan: Intel LAN 10/100/1000, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2x2), Bluetooth 4.2.
      USB: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN RJ-45, 1 x jack
      Slot: 1 x SD.

I hope there is someone who can help me with this problem
    • By Georgiles
      Laptop: Asus Vivobook F510UA
      CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U
      Graphic: Intel UHD 620
      Wifi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (no kexts for intel wifi) :(
      Card Reader: Realtek_CardReader(RTL8411B_RTS5226_RTS5227)
      Camera: ASUS UVC HD 7.Audio: Conexant Audio CX8050
      Touchpad: ELAN1300

by parkrypto: thank you tctien342 for the amazing guide.

https://github.com/tctien342/Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-High-Sierra-10.13-Hackintosh

Ebayed the laptop for $290 + tax = $350
      added: 16gb RAM + existing 8GB = 24GB          Timetec Hynix IC 16GB DDR4 2400MHz PC4-19200 Non ECC Unbuffered 1.2V CL17 2Rx8 Dual Rank 260 Pin SODIMM Laptop Notebook Computer Memory Ram Module Upgrade S Series (16GB)     
      added: cheap wifi         TP-Link USB Wifi Adapter for PC N150 Wireless Network Adapter for Desktop - Nano Size Wifi Dongle Compatible with Windows 10/7/8/8.1/XP/Vista Mac OS 10.9-10.15 Linux Kernel 2.6.18-4.4.3 (TL-WN725N)     
      added: NAND 1TB Internal PC SSD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073SB2MXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Gadget Reviews upgraded too, video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39EquX5PTkQ

I just installed. Everything works fine. I'll test final cut pro, premiere pro with 4k footage and get back with you on performance. 
      For now moves like a performant Mac book pro. 
      I installed Catalina first but I could not make the Intel UHD 620 Graphics get proper QE/CI. 
      Mojave is just fine. I want to use this system for quick video editing on the go.
      Geekbench in my signature.  
      If you need any files or have any questions pls ask.

asus f510u mojave.zip
    • By D3s0lat0r
      Greetings to the Forum,
      i recently followed a guide on hackintosh,and also i am complete noob in this field.
      all is working great, as i am using macpeets codec with layout id=18 cause i like to manually switch to my headphones.
      only one thing doesnt work and its my mic. I tried all the layout ids but no luck.
      i am using ASROCK Fatal1ty b450 k4 with amd r5 2600.
      wich has alc 892.
      Can you please help me? Thank you very much