Jump to content
Mork vom Ork

[pre-release] macOS Mojave 10.14.1

151 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement

Installed without any issues on my Desktop :D
 

Here are the release Notes to 10.14.1 (18B45d):

Overview
The macOS 10.14.1 SDK provides support for developing apps for Macs running macOS Mojave. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 10.1 beta from the Apple Developer Program download page. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 10.1, see Xcode 10.1 beta Release Notes.
General
There are no notes or known issues for this software update.

No known issues and obviously no new features except XCODE 10.1 SDK compatibility at all...

Edited by griven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updating to 10.14.1b 18B45d did not work out for me, I'm not sure why, but I suspect DSMOS never arrived.

Stays at Apple Logo indefinitely when booting non-verbose.

 

Rolled back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

USB patch to remove limit

 

find <83fb0f0f 838f>

replace <83fbxx0f 838f> replace xx with value according to your hardware. (in my case 1a)

you can try but ... not enough :( it removes limit but another error appears.

 

 

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876059+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876055 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 16

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876113+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876111 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 17

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876160+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876158 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 18

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876206+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876204 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 19

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876252+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876251 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 20

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876301+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876300 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 21

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876348+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876346 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 22

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876395+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876394 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 23

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876443+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876441 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 24

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876493+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876491 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 25

2018-09-26 23:40:34.876541+0200 0xd3       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) 000000.876540 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPort: failed to attach or start port 26

 

Fred

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having looked at the code but going by PM's previous fixes, he doesn't change the 15 port limit but nop's over a jae

so it should be 

find <83fb0f0f 838f> <<there's probably 3 bytes missing!!

replace <83fb0f90 9090> <<probably another 3 nop's go here

Like I said I haven't got the kext to double check, can somebody upload one?

 

edit: May be best to wait for the master to do his work.

Edited by STLVNUB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

Not having looked at the code but going by PM's previous fixes, he doesn't change the 15 port limit but nop's over a jae

so it should be 

find <83fb0f0f 838f> <<there's probably 3 bytes missing!!

replace <83fb0f90 9090> <<probably another 3 nop's go here

Like I said I haven't got the kext to double check, can somebody upload one?

 

edit: May be best to wait for the master to do his work.

 

There is no missing byte .. il will not change anything.

 

Fred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USB 3 HDD's speed shows up as and I'm sure acts as 480 Mb/sec in system information with this patch. With previous PMHeart's patch it showed up as 5 Gbit/s. 

 

Edit:

Adapted PMHeart's patch gives the same error.

Find:

83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Replace:

83FB0F90 90909090 90

 

Edited by pcpaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcpaul said:

USB 3 HDD's speed shows up as and I'm sure acts as 480 Mb/sec in system information with this patch. With previous PMHeart's patch it showed up as 5 Gbit/s. 

 

Edit:

Adapted PMHeart's patch gives the same error.

Find:

83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Replace:

83FB0F90 90909090 90

 

 

The issue is not the patch.

PMHeart patch is just a renew of my initial.

It remove the limit test mine take care of the number you put :83FB1A0F 838F0400 00 in my case.

That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew what both were doing.

In either case both ways no longer work as expected, but it's good enough for me until a new way is found, though I won't die without it, some USB3 ports act normally for me and as clearly evident in that error that some of it is not being injected, so that is expected, now it's a lottery, yet better than nothing. 

Edited by pcpaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is interesting, disabled patch, usb still works.

Only using 300 series injector and usb ssdt

All ports, 14 HS and 1 SS, at usb2 speed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

If you just put what is needed in DSDT no more than 16 devices. you will not have anymore this message.

In my case it's enough. Mouse, keyboard, bluetooth, cam, phone.

This patch is just cosmetic, nobody connect more than 16 devices on his HackinTosh !

Will continue to search but just for fun.

 

I use this with Z270-A-PRO


 

                Device (RHUB)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Device (HS01)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS02)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x02)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS03)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS05)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x05)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS06)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x06)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS09)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x09)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS10)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0A)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS11)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0B)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS12)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0C)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS14)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0E)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0xFF, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                        Device (HS01)
                        {
                            Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                        }

                        Device (HS02)
                        {
                            Name (_ADR, 0x02)  // _ADR: Address
                        }

                        Device (BLTH)
                        {
                            Name (_HID, EisaId ("BCM828D"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                            Name (_CID, "apple-usb-blth")  // _CID: Compatible ID
                            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
                            Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                        }
                    }

                    Device (SS03)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x13)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (SS04)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x14)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (SS05)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x15)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (SS06)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x16)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }
                }

 

Fred

 

Edited by FredWst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 1:17 PM, STLVNUB said:

Not having looked at the code but going by PM's previous fixes, he doesn't change the 15 port limit but nop's over a jae

 so it should be 

 find <83fb0f0f 838f> <<there's probably 3 bytes missing!!

 replace <83fb0f90 9090> <<probably another 3 nop's go here

 Like I said I haven't got the kext to double check, can somebody upload one?

  

 edit: May be best to wait for the master to do his work.

No, Fred is not nop'ping the jae but manipulating the cmp right above. (cmp ebx, 0xf)

 

17 hours ago, FredWst said:

 

The issue is not the patch.

PMHeart patch is just a renew of my initial.

 It remove the limit test mine take care of the number you put :83FB1A0F 838F0400 00 in my case.

 That's all.

Yes, they both are doing the same thing that avoids the conditional jump. Nop'ping the jump should be for those who are too lazy to deal with the exact port. :)

 

16 minutes ago, FredWst said:

Hi,

 

If you just put what is needed in DSDT no more than 16 devices. you will not have anymore this message.

 In my case it's enough. Mouse, keyboard, bluetooth, cam, phone.

 This patch is just cosmetic, nobody connect more than 16 devices on his HackinTosh !

 Will continue to search but just for fun.

  

I use this with Z270-A-PRO


 

                Device (RHUB)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Device (HS01)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS02)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x02)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS03)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS05)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x05)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS06)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x06)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS09)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x09)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS10)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0A)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS11)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0B)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS12)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0C)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (HS14)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x0E)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0xFF, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                        Device (HS01)
                        {
                            Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                        }

                        Device (HS02)
                        {
                            Name (_ADR, 0x02)  // _ADR: Address
                        }

                        Device (BLTH)
                        {
                            Name (_HID, EisaId ("BCM828D"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                            Name (_CID, "apple-usb-blth")  // _CID: Compatible ID
                            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
                            Name (_ADR, 0x03)  // _ADR: Address
                        }
                    }

                    Device (SS03)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x13)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (SS04)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x14)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (SS05)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x15)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }

                    Device (SS06)
                    {
                        Name (_ADR, 0x16)  // _ADR: Address
                        Name (_UPC, Package (0x04)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
                        {
                            0xFF, 
                            0x03, 
                            Zero, 
                            Zero
                        })
                    }
                }

 

Fred

 

Well, if it's just for cosmetic purpose, what about zeroing the string with the following patch:

 

Find

25 30 36 6C 75 2E 25 30 36 75 20 25 73 40 25 73 3A 20 25 73 3A 3A 25 73 3A 20 66 61 69 6C 65 64 20 74 6F 20 61 74 74 61 63 68 20 6F 72 20 73 74 61 72 74 20 70 6F 72 74 20 25 64 0A 00

 

Repl

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Edited by PMheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pcpaul said:

La velocidad del USB 3 HDD se muestra como y estoy seguro de que actúa como 480 Mb / seg en la información del sistema con este parche. Con el parche anterior de PMHeart apareció como 5 Gbit / s. 

 

Editar:

El parche adaptado de PMHeart da el mismo error.

Encontrar:

83FB0F0F 838F0400 00

Reemplazar:

83FB0F90 90909090 90

 

In previous editions I had the same problem with the USB ports. Some behaved as such while others were lost or showed erroneous speeds.

The solution, use USBinjectall.kext of Rehabman and everything solved from there until now.

With respect to the limit of ports, Editing the config.plist of the kext I have managed to load only the ports that I use, thus avoiding the port limitation patch.

Follow here

 

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

 

I feel bad English. I use a translator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, camillionario said:

In previous editions I had the same problem with the USB ports. Some behaved as such while others were lost or showed erroneous speeds.

The solution, use USBinjectall.kext of Rehabman and everything solved from there until now.

With respect to the limit of ports, Editing the config.plist of the kext I have managed to load only the ports that I use, thus avoiding the port limitation patch.

Follow here

 

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

 

I feel bad English. I use a translator

Thanks man, using your advise I grabbed USBInjectAll.kext and set up all my ports to stay under the limit of 15 by deleting not used ones in that info.plist and it worked like magic, now I got all my usb 3.0, 3.1 and usb 2.0 ports working like a charm, all detected correctly with right speeds. Terrific :lol:

 

Here's a pic of my MB with port numbers. Maybe it will be useful for someone with my MB too.

20150722181414_src.png.081a6ac8f64f20ff995983217db2ff94.png

Edited by pcpaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my case USBInjectall 10 USB2 5 SS anything above 15 won't work at all without a patch and with a current patch under 10.14.1 usb ports are not detected correctly. Though I get more ports than 15 with USBInjectall, because USB3.1 port seems not to be affected by 15 port limit as it shows up under AppleUSBXHCIAR class, while the rest USB ports show up under AppleUSBXHCISPT class and all there are affected by that limit.

But 15 was enough for me to get them all working including 4 ports on my case's front. 

Edited by pcpaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pcpaul said:

En mi caso, 10 USB2 5 SS nada por encima de 15 no funcionará en absoluto sin un parche y con un parche actual en 10.14.1 los puertos USB no se detectan correctamente. Aunque obtengo más puertos que 15, porque el puerto USB3.1 parece no verse afectado por el límite de 15 puertos, ya que aparece en la clase AppleUSBXHCIAR, mientras que el resto de los puertos USB aparecen en la clase AppleUSBXHCISPT y todos se ven afectados por ese límite.

I'm glad that your problem is solved. With respect to the Electrical properties, use SSDT to enable EC Device ?. I think that starting from Sierra, the Electrical properties for the USB ports changed.

 

127061476_Capturadepantalla2018-09-28alas22_40_51.png.b1cea305f0b9de57186688de0645b5be.png

1255938680_Capturadepantalla2018-09-28alas22_42_37.png.ebb8dab76727d9f122396351ef3e347a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PMheart said:

No, Fred is not nop'ping the jae but manipulating the cmp right above. (cmp ebx, 0xf)

 

Yes, they both are doing the same thing that avoids the conditional jump. Nop'ping the jump should be for those who are too lazy to deal with the exact port. :)

 

Well, if it's just for cosmetic purpose, what about zeroing the string with the following patch:

 

Find

25 30 36 6C 75 2E 25 30 36 75 20 25 73 40 25 73 3A 20 25 73 3A 3A 25 73 3A 20 66 61 69 6C 65 64 20 74 6F 20 61 74 74 61 63 68 20 6F 72 20 73 74 61 72 74 20 70 6F 72 74 20 25 64 0A 00

 

Repl

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

 

I don't know what do this patch.

I'm pragmatic, did not do things that I don't understand ;), I just adapt my system to my needs and hardware.

Just to be clear:

if my mouse and keyboard are connected to an USB3 port (blue color), do I need USB3 the answer is no. so disable USB3 of this 2 shared ports. and just keep USB2.

If my Bluetooth is connected to one internal port with no wire on connector for second port, do I need second port ? no... and so on...

will I have 5 usb stick or HD external connected at same time, no ....

All we need to make our USB  working can be done in dsdt or ssdt with Mojave. Not the case for other MacOs version)

After this reflexion you will understand that this patch is not really needed in many case.

I mean that there is another way to make your system work even if all ports are not enable. Just use what you need no more ...

 

But sure will continue to search find a way to enable all ports, but just for fun  :) 

 

 

Fred

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, camillionario said:

I'm glad that your problem is solved. With respect to the Electrical properties, use SSDT to enable EC Device ?. I think that starting from Sierra, the Electrical properties for the USB ports changed.

Great, just injected both EC and USBX and all values are properly detected, thanks to your information, now my system is even better configured than before 10.14.1 update.  Definitely learned some new interesting things about it, thanks to you. :thumbsup_anim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FredWst said:

 

I don't know what do this patch.

I'm pragmatic, did not do things that I don't understand ;), I just adapt my system to my needs and hardware.

Just to be clear:

if my mouse and keyboard are connected to an USB3 port (blue color), do I need USB3 the answer is no. so disable USB3 of this 2 shared ports. and just keep USB2.

If my Bluetooth is connected to one internal port with no wire on connector for second port, do I need second port ? no... and so on...

will I have 5 usb stick or HD external connected at same time, no ....

All we need to make our USB  working can be done in dsdt or ssdt with Mojave. Not the case for other MacOs version)

After this reflexion you will understand that this patch is not really needed in many case.

I mean that there is another way to make your system work even if all ports are not enable. Just use what you need no more ...

 

But sure will continue to search find a way to enable all ports, but just for fun  :) 

 

 

Fred

 

Well, it just mutes the error you mentioned with no error solved, better to avoid such one, to be honest. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×