Which of these two motherboards would give less hassle in a Hackintosh build - requiring fewer after install fixes/updates to get everything working in Mojave or High Sierra?
These are the only two Asus models that I can afford, fit the form factor in my build, and already have had a BIOS upgrade by Asus to 9th-generation - if I want to replace the CPU with an i9 in the future (for now I'll be using i7-8700 or even i3-8350k but I want to future proof a bit)
Hi guys. Just wanted to say this is my new favorite forum for mac hacks
I'm trying to get mojave to work, and using the guide's (moderator made, on the front page) clover folder I ALMOST got it! T.T
There's something still wrong tho. lol.
- Install to a HDD formated as case-sensitive APFS goes black at 2 minutes remaining. Is it supposed to fill the progress bar 100%? If so then I have a problem.
- Assuming the install went well, I tried to boot to "MacOS Prebooter" from clover screen and got that error.
I have a Z170m ASUS, awesome board. I'm sure it can be done. With Intel 6700k.
Latest clover. Guide's clover config!!
What do you guys think?
- mobo config problem
- other hardware thing (I have many harddrives connected?)
- clover config
- need some driver/kext
- something else
PS: I've tried upgrading with the App store download on a Sierra system to arrive in the same screen, with the same error.
I'll also spend some time today searching the forums. Just busy atm, and thanks for any help or tips!!
Hi. I'm currently on AppleALC.kext with layout ID 3. Clover's a boot argument contains alcid=3.
Case: Happens only in case of earphones.
Problem description: The sound is somewhat like an echo where I'm hardly able to hear the vocals of a song. And the music sounds as if it's being playing under water. I later went to audio devices and tried checking the checkbox shown in the image below. I did improve the sound and I was finally able to hear vocals of a song in a much better way, however, it still doesn't sound like a proper sound. Is there any more configuration that I need to make?
The reason I'm able to differentiate the bad and the good sound output is because on High Sierra, using AppleHDA patch, the sound worked fine using AppleHDA patcher.
Im new on this forum and hackintosh thing and got success on installing mojave on my PC.
But.. i have a trouble to get connected to internet through my TP Link dongle, anybody have to suffer this problem before?
La scorsa settimana ho aggiornato High Sierra a Mojave seguendo le rispettive guide per l' aggiornamento dei Kext all' interno della partizione EFI. Tutte le periferiche funzionano correttamente audio compreso ( di solito non parte al primo riavvio ), tranne la Vram della scheda grafica integrata in firma ( 7 MB riconosciuti). Premesso che:
- Ho aggiornato Lilu e aggiunto WhateverGreen nella cartella EFI/Clovers/Kexts/10.14 & EFI/Clovers/Kexts/Other
- Ho rimosso IntelGraphicsFixup & Shiki
- Ho rimosso Inject Intel con il relativo platform Id della scheda video ( era necessaria per High Sierra)
- Con Clover configurator ho aggiunto sotto Device -> Proprieties platform id, device id, Framebuffer-unifedmem ecc. ecc. ( Vedere config.plist in allegato)
Al boot mi esce il messaggio [IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware e si blocca la schermata. Qualora dovessi mettere un FakeId o semplicemente fare da clover Inject Intel + Platform Id: 0x00001912 ( se metto il Platform giusto 0x19120000 mi da sempre il solito errore), il sistema ovviamente parte senza problemi ma con 7MB di VRam.