Jump to content
Allan

macOS Mojave - It's out!

192 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how to hide an update in Mojave?  On my Zotac ID83, which is set up as a MacMini, I am getting an update notice for a Thunderbolt Firmware Update which repeatedly fails to install or go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

Does anyone know how to hide an update in Mojave?  On my Zotac ID83, which is set up as a MacMini, I am getting an update notice for a Thunderbolt Firmware Update which repeatedly fails to install or go away.

Try this command

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a weird problem but I don't know what causes this; I thought its maybe graphics issue. All graphics and accelerations working. This thing happening on Safari. Not playing video or something, sometimes the first start of the Safari sometimes in surfing on the internet. Not all the time but its happening time to time. Screen turns blue suddenly or green. I am making force restart from the case. What do you think?

 

1988801458_IMG_0431copy.jpg.07e85ee7bad32c3a9a9ce9db21505e31.jpg

Edited by telepati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi...

I do have this rx560..with high Sierra..(z370) and a rx460 with mojave (z97)....and never saw that...and that way ..("Not playing video or something, sometimes the first start of the Safari sometimes in surfing on the internet. Not all the time but its happening time to time") , could you change the video cable you are using..? or even the monitor...

c.frio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan said:

Yep, the blue screen of death also exists in macOS...:P

 

You have your iGPU enabled too?

 

Yes IGPU was enabled for QuickLook and Preview but I disabled and now using NoVPAJpeg.kext. I will test more.

 

As I said before not blue all the times normally I am getting the full green screen the first time I got blue :frantics:

 

3 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

hi...

I do have this rx560..with high Sierra..(z370) and a rx460 with mojave (z97)....and never saw that...and that way ..("Not playing video or something, sometimes the first start of the Safari sometimes in surfing on the internet. Not all the time but its happening time to time") , could you change the video cable you are using..? or even the monitor...

c.frio

 

No and No. I am using the same display and Apple HD cable. And this just happens when I using Safari.

Edited by telepati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, telepati said:

Yes IGPU was enabled for QuickLook and Preview but I disabled and now using NoVPAJpeg.kext. I will test more.

 

As I said before not blue all the times normally I am getting the full green screen the first time I got blue :frantics:

Hmmm, well, if you has everything properly enabled, this can be a issue in macOS Mojave.

 

Did you research if the users with Apple machines has the same problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi...

 

I"m now  on a z370 ,i5, 16gb and RX560...mojave..

will stay on it for some Time to test..it is running from

external usb Toshiba, and boot from USB with clover 4659...

HDMI, , monitor LG IPS led 22MP55

c.frio

 

Edited by C.Frio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allan said:

Hmmm, well, if you has everything properly enabled, this can be a issue in macOS Mojave.

 

Did you research if the users with Apple machines has the same problem?

2

 

I did search many Mac users have a blue screen issue on the older system (HS) but that is not related to my issue. People getting the blue screen with spinning ball mine is turn blue and no cursor or something looks like connection lost. And I test it on Windows there is no problem in there. I think I must use with IGPU disabled couple of days and see what will happen.

 

3 hours ago, C.Frio said:

hi...

 

did you make any safari  update after Mojave installed? I mean before those issues begun...

 

c.frio

 

No, I didn't. I am using the official version 10.14.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 10:02 AM, telepati said:

I have a weird problem but I don't know what causes this; I thought its maybe graphics issue. All graphics and accelerations working. This thing happening on Safari. Not playing video or something, sometimes the first start of the Safari sometimes in surfing on the internet. Not all the time but its happening time to time. Screen turns blue suddenly or green. I am making force restart from the case. What do you think?

 

1988801458_IMG_0431copy.jpg.07e85ee7bad32c3a9a9ce9db21505e31.jpg

 

Here it happens, but when you change the size of the video on youtube, then the video changes the resolution appears green vertical stripes and back the video.
Only occurs on youtube by safari. Other video sites are normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JorgeMax said:

 

Here it happens, but when you change the size of the video on youtube, then the video changes the resolution appears green vertical stripes and back the video.
Only occurs on youtube by safari. Other video sites are normal

 

No, no mine is not like that it never happens on Youtube or any video on Safari or never looks like a glitch. For example, this above blue screen happened on 1Password extensions page.(https://1password.com/downloads/) There is no any video on that page. There are texts and some links, that's all. I think mine problem looks like related with IGPU.

 

I disabled IGPU from BIOS, toggle off Inject Intel and removed ig-platform-id from clover config.plist. Now my primary GPU is RX560 and I am using NoVPAJpeg.kext for Quicklook/Preview fix. Need a couple of days for testing 'cause it's not happening on every opening Safari.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After testing I still have a problem with the screen and I really don't know why the hell this happening. But color is changed blue to white now :) A couple of minutes ago I am writing in the safari and screen turns fully white. I removed HDMI cable from the GPU wait a couple seconds and put it back but it is still white and of course, I made force restart from the case. Could you please someone check my files is there anything missing or need it. This problem really frustrated me. :cry:

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GORGY said:

 Thunderbolt Firmware Update which repeatedly fails to install or go away.

If you mean the Thunderbolt Firmware update 1.2 try this app it might help to disable the update.

Thunderbolt Firmware Update Disabler.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By ThomasMattOnline
      Hello Everyone,

      Trying to get Hardware Acceleration working on my Hackintosh (HEVC Support) however I am such a noob, OpenCore is very new to me and would love some support.
      I have included screenshots and the EFI that is currently working on my System, I have USB 2 & 3.0 all working, however, the only thing I can fault is my GPU not being hardware acceleration enabled.

      Final Cut Pro X - Recognises GPU
      VideoProc - Doesn't recognise anything.
       
      (I am running the latest version of OpenCore 0.5.9)

      Things I've tried: I tried following the post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-10-15-2-update-lost-hevc-h265-acceleration.288563/ - No Luck
      I have also tried: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/activate-amd-hardware-acceleration.2180095/page-53?post=28255048#post-28255048 - No luck either!

      My friend online tells me I shouldn't need such Kext as he has the same build as me but when I load his EFI on my system it boots with no USB 2 or 3.0 (I'm keeping his EFI off here as I've uploaded mine.)

      Please note: I appreciate all (any) pieces of advice and please do bear in mind that I am a noob and may need whatever you say simplifying as I can get easily confused.


      config.plist

    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
      -Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3
      -Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado
      -Donation with Mercado Livre 
      https://tinyurl.com/y9evkj5u
       
      -EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3
       
      -Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/re2c9sz
       
      -Post Installation
      Paste EFI folder into EFI Partition in your SSD, reboot and extract one full dump with this app and post here!
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3
      RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7
       
      --DSDT PATCHES--
       
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--
       









































       
       
      Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.
       
       
      -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
       
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, headkaze, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Sampath007, Facebook Hackintosh community, Facebook Olarila community, SchmockLord, daliansky and many, many, many others!
       
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.6 beta (19G36e)
    • By mavifree
      Sir 
       
      I am new in Hackintosh and i try to make my hp laptop a hackintosh but am not able to boot in Installation menu i don't know why please help as am new in hackintosh world so i really need your help if some can. I really be very thankful to you. Please Help me.
       
      installation stuck at (Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic)
       
      MY Laptop Specs :
       
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Laptop : HP cs2082tx
      Mobo : HP84C1
      Southbridge : Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH
      CPU : Intel Core i5 8265U @ 1.60GHz Kaby Lake- U/Y
      Ram : 8 Gb
      HDD : 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD
      Graphics : Intel UHD Graphic 620 with nvidia MX250
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
       
      And here is the screenshot attachment and my EFI folder:
       


      Clover.rar
×