Allan

macOS Mojave - It's out!

192 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Anyone getting APFS Key Bag error messages other than that have no other problems 

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 10.50.27 AM.png

Edited by THEHAWKs

Don't be surprised if in a week you will not find any program that did not work initially.
It is self-cleaning (from not working or "cbojnyh" programs. Even if you have disabled "csrutil" and "Gatekeeper". (C) the symbols "Progami"-same thing happens.

The systems removed CUDA and Vebdrive.

Edited by Qwels

On 9/30/2018 at 4:54 PM, Badruzeus said:

Just installed macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A391) today.. #IMHO, it' s not so bad uhmmb..

(plz ignore Fake Screenshot, original specs is on my signature #LoL)

oZr38Sp.png

Did You Get Full Acceleration On MacOS Mojave ? I Am Using A GT610 But Still Not Able To Get Full Acceleration. Can You Tell Me The Way By Which I Successfully Attain Full Acceleration In My Hackintosh.

15 minutes ago, Bibhudatt said:

Did You Get Full Acceleration On MacOS Mojave ? I Am Using A GT610 But Still Not Able To Get Full Acceleration. Can You Tell Me The Way By Which I Successfully Attain Full Acceleration In My Hackintosh.

Take a look my repo for reference only. "GeForce-GF100-Series.kext" credited to @nmano

Well, duno where to post this (It's about WEG, but related to Mojave as well.. So, I don't think is #OffTopic here).

I'm using Whatevergreen v1.2.3 on my laptop with Single Nvidia GT 520M  (no Intel HD) under Mojave, anyway.. I found this on WEG project page:

-wegnoegpu to disable external GPU (or add disable-external-gpu property to IGPU)

I tried this boot-arg, interestingly... my mach was unable to reach the GUI, nor even LoginUI or Desktop. So, does this mean that Mojave assumed my GT 520M as "eGPU"..???

Edited by Badruzeus

viewmax NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2 GB GDDR3 PCI Express
This card will be compatible with Mojave, to make the purchase thanks

I am sorry but I have seen no real advantage with any of the updates since I don`t know Mountain Lion maybe. To me all the new stuff is cosmetic and good old computers are getting useless cause sometimes stuff ends upp you cannot even use them on the internet any longer.

I use my computers for music, video, paying the bills and just general internetsurfing like watch youtube videos etc etc. I still have some older computers that still can handle 20+ channels of audio four monitors etc etc but cannot access the internet cause to make them run newer OSes I have to stop using some programs I need. 

This OS update hysterica is just for making more money not making things better for real.

1 minute ago, Nubira said:

I am sorry but I have seen no real advantage with any of the updates since I don`t know Mountain Lion maybe. To me all the new stuff is cosmetic and good old computers are getting useless cause sometimes stuff ends upp you cannot even use them on the internet any longer.

I use my computers for music, video, paying the bills and just general internetsurfing like watch youtube videos etc etc. I still have some older computers that still can handle 20+ channels of audio four monitors etc etc but cannot access the internet cause to make them run newer OSes I have to stop using some programs I need. 

This OS update hysterica is just for making more money not making things better for real.

Glad to know, but we're pretty sure your issue should to be addressed to Apple instead of us.

Thanks and have a nice day. :) 

5 hours ago, Nubira said:

It's been my experience that innovation is VERY incremental and that huge changes are few and far between.  Every update seems to provide only a few actual improvements and a lot of hype that appears to be designed to get people to install the new OS.  However, if you look at things from a long view, the amount of innovation is quite impressive.  My first hack installation was OS Leopard.  Mojave is so much more stable and reliable.  It seems to use less resources for higher performance and its compatibility with other portable devices is something Leopard never even attempted.  

If it was your choice to only update your OS once every 2-3 versions, you probably wouldn't miss much.   But if you choose to stick with a 4-5 year old OS, you will probably miss out on some significant improvements.  My reason for installing every OS update, including beta versions, is to learn how to make macOS work with PC computers and how to keep it working with PC computers.  The innovations in the OSx86 community have also been very impressive, particularly the development of Clover, VirtualSMC and Lilu + plugins.  I think these innovations came about as the result of ongoing changes in macOS.  Cheers.

Edited by mnfesq

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

It's been my experience that innovation is VERY incremental and that huge changes are few and far between.  Every update seems to provide only a few actual improvements and a lot of hype that appears to be designed to get people to install the new OS.  However, if you look at things from a long view, the amount of innovation is quite impressive.  My first hack installation was OS Leopard.  Mojave is so much more stable and reliable.  It seems to use less resources for higher performance and its compatibility with other portable devices is something Leopard never even attempted.  

If it was your choice to only update your OS once every 2-3 versions, you probably wouldn't miss much.   But if you choose to stick with a 4-5 year old OS, you will probably miss out on some significant improvements.  My reason for installing every OS update, including beta versions, is to learn how to make macOS work with PC computers and how to keep it working with PC computers.  The innovations in the OSx86 community have also been very impressive, particularly the development of Clover, VirtualSMC and Lilu + plugins.  I think these innovations came about as the result of ongoing changes in macOS.  Cheers.

true true

I am looking for a cheap alternative to my GT 210 which is not supported on Mojave... are GT710/720 good options? Do they work oob? Is there something better in the same price range?

10.14 has such a nice improved RAM compression! I see much higher compression ratio (1:3 instead of 1:2 from 10.9 - 10.13). You guys noticed this as well?

Complete rest of the web doesn't seem to be aware as of now…

Sadly 10.14 does not support .qtz screen savers anymore, which I have plenty of.

The crashes and third-party app crashes, I won't talk about them. They might vanish with point updates.

In my opinion 10.14s home is mobile world. Increased efficiency in RAM department -> longer battery runtimes.

On the desktop, as of now, 2018, you lose some functionality (as some apps really break irreparably), other than dark mode and machine learning in Xcode.

I also noticed changes with Apple ARC in Xcode 10 and 10.14, it seems to be more aggressively putting things in a "nap" state.

Have to dig deeper though.

I'll come back into 10.14 later, maybe next year or the year after that. I still remember the horrors of updating to 10.7 too early :hysterical:

4 hours ago, mnfesq said:

its compatibility with other portable devices is something Leopard never even attempted.  

What do you mean? 10.14 still lacks MTP support for Android, so that you can connect an Android device via USB with your computer and access all files without any additional drivers. There is _2 billion_ Android devices out there. Every single other OS out there has MTP support, even the PowerMac PPC alternative operating systems like Ubuntu.

Whereas old Mac OS X, including Leopard, synced iTunes with my no-name USB MP3 players with official Apple approved extensions and my Palm Pre with iTunes even without any additional extensions.

So I'm wondering what you are talking about? I can't get behind your statement at all. Not even in the slightest.

8 hours ago, Morpheus NS said:

I am looking for a cheap alternative to my GT 210 which is not supported on Mojave... are GT710/720 good options? Do they work oob? Is there something better in the same price range?

I do not know if this could help, but my G210 works very well - Maybe your GT210 will work fine as well.  ;)

nVidia non-Metal GPU's on Mojave (crazybirdy)

I know I can make GT 210 work, but I would prefer not using the old kexts or patches of any kind. Especially since I can get 710/720 or similar used (or even new) card for as little as 25€...

Edited by Morpheus NS

22 hours ago, illdev said:

What do you mean? 10.14 still lacks MTP support for Android, so that you can connect an Android device via USB with your computer and access all files without any additional drivers. There is _2 billion_ Android devices out there. Every single other OS out there has MTP support, even the PowerMac PPC alternative operating systems like Ubuntu.

Whereas old Mac OS X, including Leopard, synced iTunes with my no-name USB MP3 players with official Apple approved extensions and my Palm Pre with iTunes even without any additional extensions.

So I'm wondering what you are talking about? I can't get behind your statement at all. Not even in the slightest.

I understand your desire to have macOS provide functionality that it chooses not to provide for economic reasons.  Apple has always wanted its software used with its hardware.  That's just the way it is.  I would like to be able to use Handoff to a Windows laptop so that I can use messages on my PC to text to iPhone users.  I accept that Apple is not going to help me with that. Frankly, I'm surprised it has a Windows app to use iCloud from a PC.  I have been an Apple beta tester of iCloud for Windows for several years.

If you want MTP functionality, it doesn't appear too difficult to obtain in macOS.  Check out this link:

http://techapple.net/2015/12/transfer-files-mac-os-x-android-mtp-usb-mode/

Edited by mnfesq

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By y010204025
      Perhaps it was the first NEC (Lenovo) Lavie Z HZ550 to install hackintosh. I hope more people who like Lavie Z series can experience Hackintosh at HZ550. She is really great.

I found HZ550 & HZ750 on the Chinese website, which is amazing. It weighs only 790g, 13.3 inches, and the standard 2k screen, which is too attractive to me. I am a Hackintosh enthusiast. I think HZ550 or HZ750 with MacOS is the best Unfortunately, the Lavie Z series is not listed in China, only exists in the Japanese and American markets, and in the Japanese market is the NEC brand, while the American market uses the Lenovo logo.

Fortunately, I got an HZ550 from Taobao. Yes, not HZ750. In comparison, HZ750 has more touch screens and 360 ° flip. These are hard to attract me. More importantly, HZ750 is about 200g heavier than HZ550 That's why I chose HZ550. Well, because he is only 2,000 RMB.

The specific introduction can refer to NEC Japan official website:http://nec-lavie.jp/products/hz13b/

The HZ550 hardware list I obtained:

-/+:.          ningnan@ningnandeMacBook-Air
                      :++++.          OS: 64bit Mac OS X 10.15.5 19F96
                     /+++/.           Kernel: x86_64 Darwin 19.5.0
             .:-::- .+/:-``.::-       Uptime: 19m
          .:/++++++/::::/++++++/:`    Packages: 1
        .:///////////////////////:`   Shell: zsh 5.7.1
        ////////////////////////`     Resolution: 3840x2160
       -+++++++++++++++++++++++`      DE: Aqua
       /++++++++++++++++++++++/       WM: Quartz Compositor
       /sssssssssssssssssssssss.      WM Theme: Blue (Dark)
       :ssssssssssssssssssssssss-     Disk: 11G / 108G (12%)
        osssssssssssssssssssssssso/`  CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U @ 2.40GHz
        `syyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy+`  GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100
         `ossssssssssssssssssssss/    RAM: 4376MiB / 8192MiB
           :ooooooooooooooooooo+.    
            `:+oo+/:-..-:/+o+/-     

Advantages: small size, light weight, 2K screen, 8G memory, 512g SSD, keyboard feels good, and wireless network card can be replaced, which is unimaginable in today's thin and light books.
      Disadvantages: The sound is small, almost the same as the mosquitoes.

Ok, bragging is over!
      In order to use the wireless network, I changed the wireless network card from inter 7265 to BCM94352ZAE. Some people called it DW1560. It is uncomfortable that in China, this card and his elder brother DW1830 were hyped to a high price of 480RMB. of. Fortunately, I bought it early, and this card is also very stable under win10, and there is no high delay and outage. The hard disk should be PM951 of Samsung, not PM981, which is lucky.   Before installing Hackintosh: You need to prepare a 16G U disk, SanDisk is not a rough choice for making MacOS installation disk, I used the latest MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, got config.plist from Rehabman, and put together an EFI, the latest version of clover and kext drivers. Thanks to Rehabman and the developers of the Black Apple community. I do n’t like that OC team very much.
      Make an installation disk: If you have a computer running MacOS, you can use the command line to make it, if you do n’t have a computer running MacOS, you can try VMware, I know that the insanelymac forum allows discussion, or use ether to write the image to U disk, use the EFI I provided to boot into the installation process.   BIOS setting: Press F12 at boot to enter the BIOS settings, Tab switches to "Security-Secure boot", set to "DISable", this is what we need, and switch to "Boot -Boot devices", set the U disk as the first boot item You can directly enter the clover guide interface, please follow it for google it.
      It is worth noting that the remaining space of your EFI partition needs to be greater than 200M, otherwise, the disk format will be wrong. In addition, the format partition format is APFS, do not choose to encrypt, your data is not valuable, at least you must have this awareness of Hackintosh, the file safe is also the same, do not enable, do not use to find your mac, otherwise, change the machine, OK .   Fortunately, no additional ssdt patch is required. All the patch functions are implemented through clover. The flat Apple is turned on. This is to solve the problem of the flower screen. You can find a solution yourself.
      Experience your black apple, this will bring a better experience than MacBook Pro. EFI_HZ550.zip
    • By batty86
      Buonasera a tutti, ho bisogno di aiuto per l'installazione di Mojave sul pc in firma. Ho provato ad installarlo, tutto procede bene, solo che al secondo riavvio dal ssd di destinazione del oS l'installazione procede fino alla maschera di configurazione del computer ma si riavvia non consentendomi di configurarlo, va loop di riavvio. Sono grato in anticipo per il vs aiuto.
    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

-Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

-Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado

-Donation with Mercado Livre 
      https://tinyurl.com/y9evkj5u

--Original Topic--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6874-olarila-hackbook-lenovo-ideapad-s145-mojave-catalina-full-dsdt-patches/

-Perfect HackBook, HDMI Audio/Video, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Sleep, Lid Sleep, Auto Sleep, Audio, etc!
      -Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145-15IWL Model with Intel Core i5 8265u / Intel UHD Graphics 620
      -Update bios/uefi to last version

--Installation--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/

--Clover Folder--
      https://tinyurl.com/rkqmpd9

--OpenCore Folder--
      https://tinyurl.com/y75hqg7z

Bluetooth Broadcom
      Bluetooth Broadcom.zip

CPUFriend for i5-8265U
      CPUFriend i5-8265U.zip

--Full DSDT Patches--
      -My DSDT
      DSDT Lenovo IdeaPad S145.zip

This DSDT work on S145-14IWL, S145-15IWL, V14-IWL, V15-IWL models
      -Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 11 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch--
      Video solution with HDMI Audio and Video
      <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,GfxYTile</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> CQClPg== </data> <key>device-id</key> <data> pT4AAA== </data> <key>enable-hdmi20</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key> <data> AAAIAAIAAACYAAAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-con1-alldata</key> <data> AQEJAAAIAADHAQAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-con2-alldata</key> <data> AgYKAAAEAADHAQAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key> <data> AACQAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key> <data> AAAAgA== </data> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-1</string> <key>model</key> <string>Intel Corporation, Iris Plus Graphics 655</string> </dict>   --Native USB Fix for Notebooks - No Injector/Kext Required--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6878-guide-native-usb-fix-for-notebooks-no-injectorkext-required/
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6181-guide-native-usb-fix-for-desktops-no-injectorkext-required-skylake/

-ScreenShots

-Links

Clover https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader
      AirportBrcmFixup.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
      AppleALC.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC
      Brcm Bluetooth https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM
      Lilu.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu
      SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext https://github.com/Goldfish64/SystemProfilerMemoryFixup
      VirtualSMC.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC
      VoodooI2C.kext https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C
      VoodooPS2Controller.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2
      WhateverGreen.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen
      MaciASL - https://github.com/acidanthera/MaciASL
      acpica - https://github.com/acpica/acpica
      AptioMemoryFix.efi https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg
      ApfsDriverLoader.efi https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg
      HFSPlus.efi https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi?raw=true
      Hackintool https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.5

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management in the Energy Saver settings for notebooks, a new option to disable automatic prominence in Group FaceTime calls, and controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac. 

Battery Health Management
      Battery health management to help maximize battery lifespan for Mac notebooks Energy Saver preference pane now displays battery condition and recommends if the battery needs to be serviced Option to disable battery health management For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211094

FaceTime Prominence Preference 
      New option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls, so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks  
      Calibration Fine-Tuning for Pro Display XDR
      Controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR by adjusting the white point and luminance for a precise match to your own display-calibration target  
      This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements:
      Fixes an issue that may prevent Reminders from sending notifications for recurring reminders Addresses an issue that may prevent password entry on the login screen Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update Resolves an issue where the built-in camera may not be detected when trying to use it after using a video conferencing app Addresses an issue for Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip where internal speakers may not appear as a sound output device in Sound preferences Fixes a stability issue with uploading and downloading media files from iCloud Photo Library while your Mac is asleep Resolves a stability issue when transferring large amounts of data to RAID volumes Fixes an issue where the Reduced Motion Accessibility preference did not reduce the speed of animations in a Group FaceTime call  
      Enterprise content:
      Improves performance on certain Mac models when enabling hardware acceleration in GPU-intensive apps such as those used for video conferencing Addresses an issue where Microsoft Exchange accounts were unable to sign in during account setup when using Conditional Access Apple Push Notification Service traffic now uses a web proxy when specified in a PAC file via the Proxies payload Resolves an issue that prevented some displays connected to MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) from waking from sleep when the Mac wakes Major new releases of macOS are no longer hidden when using the softwareupdate(8) command with the  --ignore flag This change also affects macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra after installing Security Update 2020-003.

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F96)

Update
      Combo

View full article

• By fantomas
      macOS Catalina 10.15.5
      macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management in the Energy Saver settings for notebooks, a new option to disable automatic prominence in Group FaceTime calls, and controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac. 
      Battery Health Management
      Battery health management to help maximize battery lifespan for Mac notebooks Energy Saver preference pane now displays battery condition and recommends if the battery needs to be serviced Option to disable battery health management For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211094
      FaceTime Prominence Preference 
      New option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls, so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks Calibration Fine-Tuning for Pro Display XDR
      Controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR by adjusting the white point and luminance for a precise match to your own display-calibration target This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements:
      Fixes an issue that may prevent Reminders from sending notifications for recurring reminders Addresses an issue that may prevent password entry on the login screen Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update Resolves an issue where the built-in camera may not be detected when trying to use it after using a video conferencing app Addresses an issue for Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip where internal speakers may not appear as a sound output device in Sound preferences Fixes a stability issue with uploading and downloading media files from iCloud Photo Library while your Mac is asleep Resolves a stability issue when transferring large amounts of data to RAID volumes Fixes an issue where the Reduced Motion Accessibility preference did not reduce the speed of animations in a Group FaceTime call Enterprise content:
      Improves performance on certain Mac models when enabling hardware acceleration in GPU-intensive apps such as those used for video conferencing Addresses an issue where Microsoft Exchange accounts were unable to sign in during account setup when using Conditional Access Apple Push Notification Service traffic now uses a web proxy when specified in a PAC file via the Proxies payload Resolves an issue that prevented some displays connected to MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) from waking from sleep when the Mac wakes Major new releases of macOS are no longer hidden when using the softwareupdate(8) command with the  --ignore flag This change also affects macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra after installing Security Update 2020-003.

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F96)

Update
      Combo