Nvidia GeForce GT 630

Whosondephone

1 post in this topic

Hi Everyone,  Ive got my Dell Precision T5500 running 10.13.6.  I do not understand why but this machine is very picky about what video card it is running Mac OS on.  The computer runs fine with the Quadro 4000. However the exterior of the card reads 66° C at idle.  My biggest concern is the unnecessary power consumption.  I tried to replace the card with a GeForce GT 630 however the hardware acceleration is not working correctly.  I can usually boot to desktop but it is practically unusable.  I have removed the SSDT which injected the Quadro 4000 and attempted clover injection.  I noticed that the NVCAP that clover is injecting is very similar, if not the very same, to the NVCAP I injected in the SSDT for the Quadro 4000.  Could I have missed something?  The card is a 1GB model but clover reports it as a 512MB.  I figured the 630 would work because it is featured on macvidcards.com.  They are selling the 2GB model however. 

Anyways if this card isn't compatible can anyone recommend a video card that takes up only one PCI space and is Metal compatible?  I'm looking forward to upgrading to 10.14.  How long have we waited for a flawless mac GUI with dark background with light text?  I use the machine as a DAW and just need it to drive the GIU on 2 1080P monitors.  Thank You.

EDIT: After checking on windows with GPU-Z it turns out that my 630 is an older Fermi model.  That could explain the problem.

Edited by Whosondephone