Gigabyte H370 Aorus Gaming 3 WiFi, High Sierra, , boot and graphics errors

GJames

2 posts in this topic

G’day Good People

I was bought the parts for my Hackintosh and they were put together for me.

Gigabyte H370 Aorus Gaming 3 WiFi

i3 -8100

Intel  UHD Graphic 630

I have High Sierra 10.3.6 installed

Watching videos and reading (most of which do not mean anything to me) and the ‘monkey principle’ I have the system booting from the hard drive.

I have experimented with config.plist and gone through about 40 variations to see what happens.

With all config.plist files I get the following RANDOM errors when restarting or powering up. That is I can restart several times without a fault and not changing anything at all then suddenly get one of the following two independent errors before I get to the Clover boot screen. As they freeze the computer, pressing the reset button on the computer normally gets the computer booting without errors.

“Couldn’t allocate runtime area” or

“A Ethernet [IntelMausi]: Link down on en0

MACH Reboot”

I don’t know anything about Kext files or patches etc so haven’t install any by design for although having read posts that might help I don’t know what is applicable to my system or not

In System/library/extensions/ there are ‘pages’ of kext and other files

Graphics?

I get a lot of flicker especially when I move the mouse in utube videos etc. It is not related to my internet connection as works fine with a standard Imac.

Bits of Google Chrome screen appear and disappear as I move the mouse but otherwise works. As Safari is ‘fine’ this might be a google chrome specific problem.

Also when I move an icon on the screen, then move the mouse over where the icon was it redraws it. Also in safari when I move the mouse over the tabs they get coloured-in black - like using a paintbrush.

Photo  app crashes soon after choosing edit and IPhoto (9.6.1) which I am told should work, doesn’t.

I am guessing that some all are due to wrong configuration of the graphics but I’ll know that when sorted.

I attached a copy of my current config.plist that works except for the above. (I appreciate the default SMBIOS is 14,2 but 17,1 ‘seems’ better) and I also attach a screen grab of the Clover folder.

I’d be grateful for advice on what changes I should make and why please. If I need to get files where do I get them and where do I put them?

Thanks

GJames

Szt config.plist

Clover folder 13-9-18.jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:36 AM, GJames said:

G’day Good People

I was bought the parts for my Hackintosh and they were put together for me.

Gigabyte H370 Aorus Gaming 3 WiFi

i3 -8100

Intel  UHD Graphic 630

I have High Sierra 10.3.6 installed

Watching videos and reading (most of which do not mean anything to me) and the ‘monkey principle’ I have the system booting from the hard drive.

I have experimented with config.plist and gone through about 40 variations to see what happens.

With all config.plist files I get the following RANDOM errors when restarting or powering up. That is I can restart several times without a fault and not changing anything at all then suddenly get one of the following two independent errors before I get to the Clover boot screen. As they freeze the computer, pressing the reset button on the computer normally gets the computer booting without errors.

“Couldn’t allocate runtime area” or

“A Ethernet [IntelMausi]: Link down on en0

MACH Reboot”

I don’t know anything about Kext files or patches etc so haven’t install any by design for although having read posts that might help I don’t know what is applicable to my system or not

In System/library/extensions/ there are ‘pages’ of kext and other files

Graphics?

I get a lot of flicker especially when I move the mouse in utube videos etc. It is not related to my internet connection as works fine with a standard Imac.

Bits of Google Chrome screen appear and disappear as I move the mouse but otherwise works. As Safari is ‘fine’ this might be a google chrome specific problem.

Also when I move an icon on the screen, then move the mouse over where the icon was it redraws it. Also in safari when I move the mouse over the tabs they get coloured-in black - like using a paintbrush.

Photo  app crashes soon after choosing edit and IPhoto (9.6.1) which I am told should work, doesn’t.

I am guessing that some all are due to wrong configuration of the graphics but I’ll know that when sorted.

I attached a copy of my current config.plist that works except for the above. (I appreciate the default SMBIOS is 14,2 but 17,1 ‘seems’ better) and I also attach a screen grab of the Clover folder.

I’d be grateful for advice on what changes I should make and why please. If I need to get files where do I get them and where do I put them?

Thanks

GJames

Szt config.plist

Clover folder 13-9-18.jpeg

hola  lo de tranque solucionado con clover 4842.

el unico que no  me  a dado problemas