Slow NVMe write speeds apfs?

6 posts in this topic

Currently I'm running 10.13.6 HS on one of my machines and I've recently noticed extremely slow write speeds on my NVMe drive. Read speeds are around 1875 to 2200mb but my write speeds are at 189 to 200mb??? This is new. I'm running a Corsair MP500 250GB drive formated as apfs. I also have an aftermarket heatsink on the drive. Never had this issue under Sierra or High Sierra 10.13 - 10.13.5. Anyone else noticing this? Or Found a cause?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Solved. Figured out my problem. Dont connect a sata drive to your Sata "express" connector. Took the shared PCI lane with my NVMe drive. Disconnected and put into another sata port. Speeds back to normal :) My bad. 

No, My NVMe slots share with 2 of my Sata express ports. They look like normal sata ports but have an extra connector on the end for "Sata express". "AsRock Motherboard". So i had one of my SSDs connected to one of my sata express ports. Everything still worked but it cut my NVMe write speeds down to 200mb. Once i changed to a sata port not shared with my NVMe my speeds went back to 1500mb Write and 2450mb reads :) 

Capture.PNG

Edited by tikizondo94
  • Like 2

Yesterday I saw your message and I thought I got finally found a solution for my slow NVME speed but today when I looked my in case none of my HDD connected to SATA Express port :no: My write speed is 250MB between 850MB, read speed is always 1850MB and I never found a solution for that and probably never will :cry:

• 1 month later...