HP 840 G3 EliteBook ** WiFI and Bluetooth resolved** Monterey / Big Sur

Donw35

132 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2020 at 2:56 PM, Isaac24 said:

I was wondering if anyone has the LTE Modem in HP 840 G3 and managed to let it work on Mac 

Mac sees the modem as HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE, t I couldn't manage to connect with it.

I have the 840 G1 model with the HS3110 modem. it works fine with the Huawei driver on 10.15.

I created a loading kext to use with the driver (attached files). You should modify the Device ID inside the loading kext to match yours.

PS: the laptop must be started from a cold boot status. Restart won't make the modem to work as it's shared with Windows (dual boot).

Good luck

LegacyHS3110.kext.zip

HuaweiDataCardDriver_10_9.kext.zip

Edited by Biso007

On 5/11/2020 at 6:36 AM, Donw35 said:

this is a known issue with 10.15.4, there is a thread about it and some things you can try...

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/343112-release-macos-10154-is-out/

Hi friend, although we have talked before in this post, I want to thank you again for the excellent work you have done, a really great job.

I only have 2 problems, the original bluetooth of the equipment, 2 weeks ago I could connect without any problem to a bluetoth headset I have, but I can't find anything anymore... All that has happened with version 10.15.0 and 10.15.5, now it doesn't work :(

Then the other problem, this is from always, the 3.5 jack port, it doesn't work, that's why I connected the headphones by bluetooth to try not to bother you, but I'm very sad because I can't use the computer for audio with headphones or now neither by bluetooth anymore.

Can you please help me Donw35?

Thank you very much indeed.

Edited by LuisImpreza

On 6/7/2020 at 9:23 PM, LuisImpreza said:

Hi friend, although we have talked before in this post, I want to thank you again for the excellent work you have done, a really great job.

I only have 2 problems, the original bluetooth of the equipment, 2 weeks ago I could connect without any problem to a bluetoth headset I have, but I can't find anything anymore... All that has happened with version 10.15.0 and 10.15.5, now it doesn't work :(

Then the other problem, this is from always, the 3.5 jack port, it doesn't work, that's why I connected the headphones by bluetooth to try not to bother you, but I'm very sad because I can't use the computer for audio with headphones or now neither by bluetooth anymore.

Can you please help me Donw35?

Thank you very much indeed.

@Donw35 ¿Can you help me please friend? Thank you very very much, the big problem is a connector jack 3.5.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 1:40 AM, Donw35 said:

I resolved the WiFi and Bluetooth issues by using a supported module

NOTE I have found that the NCM94322 doesn't work well in Catalina, it does kind of work but other problems like iMessage and FaceTime are problematic. I recommend using the BCM94360, its supported and all works. 

BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter from Amazon for $14

MacBook Air 13 A1369 11 A1370 WiFi Bluetooth Air Port Card from eBay $10

I had to do some cutting on the A/E adapter but was able to get it to fit, its a lot taller but the case closes without problems. I rather like this hack as the WiFi and Bluetooth are needed services and OS support will increase over all performance and confidence. 

IMG_0001.jpg

Hi,

I have the EXACTLY same model and adapter but my 840 G3 cant recognize it. Im on catalina 15.5 and everything else working fine (exept for multi touch on track and the wifi/BT card not regognized.

Can you, please, take a look on my EFI folder?

CLOVER840G3.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Jake Lo thanks for your EFI files, they helped me a lot! 

Does anyone have problem with fans? They're pretty loud on Mac. 

Which WiFi card should I get? I have 2 options, BCM943224PCIEBT and BCM94321MC. I know they're pretty similar but which one would fit best and which is more supported? Do I need any adapter for Apple AirPort cards or they can be plugged without it? Thank you very much.

Did you read the 1st two post from OP? 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335269-hp-840-g2-g3-elitebook-wifi-and-bluetooth-resolved-catalina-working/?do=findComment&comment=2631729

Yes, you'll need to get an M.2 adapter, some cutting will be require to fit.

For the Fan, I forgot to add HPFanReset.efi, I just upload an update.

You just need to add it to the Config file drivers under UEFI and the efi to the drivers folder

@Jake Lo yes I read that, but I was confused because he mentioned two wireless cards and I thought he got 2 cards, didn't realize that was adapter. Nevermind. I think I will get USB WiFi since BCM943224PCIEBT is not really supported by catalina.

By adding config file, you mean editing config.plist? Sorry for stupid questions, but I can't really understand, English is my 3rd language. :whistle:

Thank you very much.

hello all, i updated efi for hp EliteBook 840 g3 by Donw35 (04162020) 

-update clover version (5120)

-update kext

add OcQuirks.efi,OpenRuntime.efi,OcQuirks.plist

remove osxaptiofix3drv.efi (included in OcQuirks.efi)

add VoodooRMI.kext,VoodooSMBus.kext ( all gestures work )

-config.plist add -> SMBIOS -> NoRomInfo -> true (Remove "Powered by Clover revision:" from apple_rom_info)

Donw35 hp 840 g3.zip