Donw35

HP 840 G2 G3 EliteBook ** WiFI and Bluetooth resolved** (Catalina working)

73 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, cuti_it said:

I have HP 840 G2 too. But my trackpad can't work ? How fix, thank !

I don't know if my answer is relevant, but maybe it works for you on G2 , I had the same issue with G3 after I updated my PS2VOODOO kext to the latest version ..

maybe u need to update or downgrade Kext and it could work 

Advertisement

Yes, I have experience the same issue, I will do some testing, it worked before

On 3/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, Donw35 said:

Yes, I have experience the same issue, I will do some testing, it worked before

are you talking about my issue with Catalina or the other reply about trackpad ?

On 8/22/2018 at 7:54 AM, Donw35 said:

Catalina update 10.15.4 without issues, make sure you update your kexts before hand and clover 5107

Catalina update 10.15.3 without issues, make sure you update your kexts before hand.

Catalina update 10.15.2 without issues, make sure you update your kexts before hand.

Catalina update 10.15.1 without issue although you may have to make sure clover boots from the right partition.

HP 840 G2/G3, working with OS X 10.15 Catalina, for this to work you will need the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and place that  EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. 

Make sure you remove Remove all patches about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT.

My method to install OS X on the SSD from a working real Mac via SSD to USB converter. I then install Clover and add my kexts and set the config.plist

Not working

SD Card reader

Finger Print device

Working

Video - screen looks better in OS X then it does in Windows 10

Display port

VGA port

WiFi and BlueTooth working OOO using the below hack

Battery status with Rehabman's DSDT patch

Brightness controls

Sounds - using VoodooHDA

* Microphone - cannot turn it off or mute

Keyboard backlight - controlled though BIOS anyways

touchpad - using VoodooPS2Controller

USB3 - this laptop has two on board only and I haven't test them using the docking station

USB3.1 C

Ethernet - using IntelMausiEthernet

Sleep - kind of, closing the lid doesn't go to sleep but goes to sleep over time.

Web Cam, works but I covered it up.

IMG_2447.JPG

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml

CLOVER.zip

CLOVER_HP_840_G3_02032020.zip

Thank you very very much for your clover, I have a problem, dont understand.

Power on and initiate Catalina to your clover, error.

Graphic problem? My laptop is HP 840 G3 same.

Help please... Great great work :)

Thank you very very much!!!!

IMG_20200416_200703.jpg

Try this clover EFI folder, I made some improvements and updates, still based on CLOVER version 5107. I don't update CLOVER unless is addresses issues.

EFI_5107_04162020.zip

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Donw35 said:

Try this clover EFI folder, I made some improvements and updates, still based on CLOVER version 5107. I don't update CLOVER unless is addresses issues. 

EFI_5107_04162020.zip

I am going to check it right now, thank you very much for your great work, I have been able to verify besides that error, is that my partition with High Sierra and EFI of Windows 10, has disappeared also in clover, it only shows cataline partition, preboot and recovery, how strange, it had never happened to me.

Thank you very much!

EDIT:

Now I can really get into the system and with absolutely everything working! Thank you very much.

Now the only thing missing, is that all the partitions can be seen again, High Sierra and EFI (Windows 10) so that everything is perfect :)

Edited by LuisImpreza

Hi guys!. I have the EliteBook 820 G2 (the one with i5-5300u and hd550, 1366x768 + webcam screen variant) and it's all working good so far. The main problem it's the suspension, it doesn't want work. Anyone that has it working? I tried to put "darkwake=no" in boot arguments and adjust settings in power management but nothing changed...

Thanks Donw35

I'm still learning OC 0.5.7 to first boot and install on this Laptop HP EliteBook 840G2 (i5, 5500) 

With your help, I now successfully can see the applefs partition from the USB key. The hint is to set UEFI/UnblockFsConnect to yes !!! (that's for HP laptop !). I spend more than 1 month for this parameter !

Now I encounter another issue.

135:825 01:053 Prelinked status - Success
136:018 00:193 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKFS] } Ok(0)
137:057 01:038 AAPL: [EB|`LD:LKC] } Ok(0)
137:236 00:179 AAPL: [EB|#FWFM] 0xFF9FFF3F
137:497 00:261 AAPL: [EB|#FWFT] 0xFD8FF53E
137:674 00:176 AAPL: [EB|#CSR:OUT] 0x00000067
137:856 00:181 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] {
138:034 00:178 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] BA.ADSZ: 0
138:211 00:176 AAPL: [EB|`BST:FBS] BA.KSDSZ: 0
138:353 00:141 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1
138:494 00:141 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2
138:671 00:177 AAPL: [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49
139:711 01:039 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:DT] 2020-04-20T01:43:23
139:887 00:176 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-04-20T01:43:24

and the laptop reboot.

Here is my config.plist: https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=broadwelle057Gh7JAg&rs=broadwelle057

I have had zero luck getting OC to work on my laptop, I think its the BIOS, Clover works fine. stops at the same place as yours, something to do with the drivers.

So today, I backup my "not working OC" project, and unzip your EFI_5107_04162020.zip

on my HP EliteBook 840G2 (i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09)

1. unzip your Clover5107 on my USB

2. modify Serial, Board Serial, SmUUID, UUID

3. try to boot, the system restart after screen 2

4. copy my DSDT.AML (extracted previously by liveLinuxUSB)

I attach the pic1 and pic2

What is the next step ?

- is my applefs not installed correctly ? I use gibMacOS-master

- my bios has a prob ? I put the latest version on (HP Notebook System BIOS, 01.30 Rev.A    15.1 MB    Nov 8, 2019)

- i misconfigured my BIOS (I followed all the indication), or may be I should copy all the option down.

- what is 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49 ? 

The last line in my error is in Clover5107 as well as in OC0.5.7 (71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49)

Thanks for pointing me out. Linux Ubuntu 20.04 is runing perfectly well on this PC.

Thanks in advance,

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Make sure you hit F11 at the clover boot loader to clear NVRAM, always need to do that when moving between OC and CLOVER

I was wondering if anyone has the LTE Modem in HP 840 G3 and managed to let it work on Mac 

Mac sees the modem as HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE, t I couldn't manage to connect with it.

Posted (edited)

Hi:

New in this forum. First of all, thanks to all contributors, is a great job.

I have a 840 G2, ATI graphics. I disabled the ATI on BIOS. I've done the wireless and bluetooth hack showed on the frst post and I have my wifi and bluetooth perfectly working, after replace my CLOVER EFI with the clover attached at the first post. Everything that can work is working correctly, but:

My WiFi - Bluetooth button is always orange, And I don't know why. Anyone can give me an idea to check what is wrong in my configuration?

Hibernation doesn't work very well. Sometimes works but after the first Hibernation cycle, the second fails, but no kernel panic at the moment.

Working on battery with Youtube videos running, I can work for 3 hours. Can I expect a much loger battery time?

Again, thanks a lot.

Edited by JFNAV1
Add ATI info

On 4/27/2020 at 6:00 AM, JFNAV1 said:

Hi @JFNAV1

I have the same hardware HP Elitebook840G2.

I am really unable to boot opencore or Clover.

Desperately need your help.

the system keep rebooting, without getting into installation.

Hi all,

I have a HP 840 G3 i7, it was working fine with your EFI & Catalina 10.15.1.

I did a fresh install with Catalina 10.15.4, something goes wrong with the BIOS setting. Now I am unable to boot from SSD. I tried with 10.15.1 with several EFI with no luck. :-( 
Installation works fine, I am able to boot from USB and select SSD, but I couldn't get BIOS detects SSD as a Boot drive.

As a test I installed Win10, it worked fine. Also have replace SSD.

Do you have any guideline or advice about how to configure BIOS? (I used  versions N75 1.20 & N75 1.45)

Thank you.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:23 AM, LucAndersen said:

Hi:

I don´t know if you have installed Catalina succesfully and your problem is at the first boot or if your problem is that you have not a success installing. Anyway, I send you my CLOVER EFI folder, may be the config.plist can help you. I had a problem on first install due to the ATI Graphics. Try to disable the Dual graphics on BIOS. The laptop will be use only the Intel Graphics.

EFI .zip

On 5/2/2020 at 4:23 AM, LucAndersen said:

Hi:

I don´t know if you have installed Catalina succesfully and your problem is at the first boot or if your problem is that you have not a success installing. Anyway, I send you my CLOVER EFI folder, may be the config.plist can help you. I had a problem on first install due to the ATI Graphics. Try to disable the Dual graphics on BIOS. The laptop will be use only the Intel Graphics.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, PeterBoy71 said:

Hi all,

I have a HP 840 G3 i7, it was working fine with your EFI & Catalina 10.15.1.

I did a fresh install with Catalina 10.15.4, something goes wrong with the BIOS setting. Now I am unable to boot from SSD. I tried with 10.15.1 with several EFI with no luck. :-( 
Installation works fine, I am able to boot from USB and select SSD, but I couldn't get BIOS detects SSD as a Boot drive.

As a test I installed Win10, it worked fine. Also have replace SSD.

Do you have any guideline or advice about how to configure BIOS? (I used  versions N75 1.20 & N75 1.45)

Thank you.

this is a known issue with 10.15.4, there is a thread about it and some things you can try...

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/343112-release-macos-10154-is-out/

Hi, can any one help me get the display port working? I have full graphics acceleration but unable to get display port working. 

My laptop specs are;

HP Elitebook 840 G3 i7 2.6GHz and intel HD 520 graphics.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:54 PM, Donw35 said:

i have hp elitebook 840 g2. and itis stuck on installation. any one can upload EFI for catalina?

Edited by nipun3898

On 3/12/2020 at 4:08 PM, Isaac24 said:

I don't know if my answer is relevant, but maybe it works for you on G2 , I had the same issue with G3 after I updated my PS2VOODOO kext to the latest version ..

maybe u need to update or downgrade Kext and it could work 

same here , 1.9.2 is working fine

newer version does not work properly.

is there a chance to get sleep working with a 1600x900 display ( 840G2 )

EFI_840g2.zip