Renegade

Roccat mouse won't work after wake from sleep

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My  current build is working flawlessly under High Sierra except for one thing : my Roccat Kone EMP mouse won't work after waking up from sleep. I have to disconnect/reconnect it to get it to work again.
Other mice (less sophisticated) do work upon wake.

However , the Roccat mouse doesn't have any issue under Windows 10 or on an iMac running SL 10.6.3 . I wish I could try under Sierra ...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

Here are my build details and a backup from the ioreg:

Mobo: ASRock Z370 ExtremePro4 - CPU: i7-8700k - RAM: 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 - GPU: NVidia GTX1080 - SSD: Crucial M4 512GB

Kexts used:

AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

i7-8700k OSX.ioreg.zip

Advertisement

I have the exact same issue! I have just bought a Roccat Kone EMP and after wake from sleep the mouse doesn't work. I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (Build 17G65).

This is my configuration:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC v1.1 rev1.1 (BIOS: F7)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz LGA1150 (Haswell)

GPU: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 770 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III

Monitor: ASUS VX229H IPS

Keyboard: iKBC New Poker 2

Mouse: Roccat Kone EMP

I will attach my CLOVER folder and my ioreg file

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

CLOVER.zip

Leonardo’s iMac.ioreg.zip

Edited by LeoVanex

@Renegade I have found the issue! You have to disable or set to SBPLL an option in BIOS settings called "CPU PLL Selection" or "CPU PLL overvoltage". After that, save and reboot! Test if it works ;)

IMG_20180901_154530.jpg

@LeoVanex

Thanks for helping. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you.

Sadly for me, we have very different builds, I use a Coffee Lake cpu running with a Z370 chipset.

To the best of my knowledge , the Z370 chipset doesn't allow tweating the PLL.

Furthermore, I really don't understand why a CPU voltage tweak could affect the Roccat mouse state after wake. :no:

Are you sure you haven't modified another setting prior noticing your mouse was working normally after wake ?

Edited by Renegade

@Renegade Yeah, for my system (Haswell CPU and Z87) that was the only setting I had to modify in order to make it work. I would like to help but I don't know how. Maybe someone in this forum can help you solving the problem!

Are there any updates to how to fix this on a Mac system?

I am seeing this with a Roccat Kone Pure SE, on a Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

The buttons do not work unless I unplug it and plug it back in. (happens on first boot or sleep)

Just for the sake of adding an information, this is not a hackintosh-related problem, I just gave the mouse a try on a late-2011 iMac running High Sierra and the problem is the same. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now