Some pointers needed on how to use DSDT

7 posts in this topic

Uh... I'm too stupid for this, I guess. I use Clover Configurator, mount the EFI partition and load the config.plist. Then I go to the devices tab and in the Audio section there is a drop-down which offers me a blank space, the option "no" and the option "detect". What should I use there?

Oh and BTW, the installation guide I used to install High Sierra was actually yours! :-)

26 minutes ago, Deep_Thought said:

Uh... I'm too stupid for this, I guess. I use Clover Configurator, mount the EFI partition and load the config.plist. Then I go to the devices tab and in the Audio section there is a drop-down which offers me a blank space, the option "no" and the option "detect". What should I use there?

Oh and BTW, the installation guide I used to install High Sierra was actually yours! :-)

Definitely don't use 'Detect', that will likely get it wrong.  AppleALC should support ALC892 on layout-id 1.  If that doesn't work, there's more you can try here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 3:55 PM, Deep_Thought said:

Goddamn, I screwed up my config.plist first. After cleaning it up and shuffling around with the kexts, everything works all of a sudden. No idea why. Looks like I really was too stupid in the first place.

Happens to the best of us haha!  Good to hear you got it sorted out!