Pavo

CPUFriend

24 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I use it now to load different x86platformplugin profile, because somehow the original imac 14,2 (which is my SMBIOS) doesn't have working speedstep under Mojave (works in 10.13.6 and all previous versions on z97/i7-4790k)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WinstonAce said:

I use it now to load different x86platformplugin profile, because somehow the original imac 14,2 (which is my SMBIOS) doesn't have working speedstep under Mojave (works in 10.13.6 and all previous versions on z97/i7-4790k)

Do you use it with or without Piker Alpha's ssdtgen?

30 minutes ago, WinstonAce said:

Hello, which profile do you use for 4790K? Im using iMac 14,2 SMBIOS and as you said, speedstep doesn't work properly with this SMBIOS on Mojave.

7 minutes ago, WinstonAce said:

I'm using macpro6,1 profile
If you want more frequency steps you can use macbookpro11,1

The instructions are not very well written, how do you determine which profile you should use and do you still drop your OEM SPUPM SSDT?

Edited by Pavo

I agree that it isn't very well documented.
Tried various profiles until settled with macpro6,1.
It doesn't matter if I drop oem ssdt or not, only matters that plugin-type exist.

Oh ok well I am using 2x Xeon E-5 2670v2 CPUs (IvyBridge-EP) assuming I should be using MP6,1 SMBIOS as well.

CPUFriend's purpose is for modifying X86PlatformPlugin.kext's resources (useful for certain scenarios, like adding frequency vectors when using XCPM on unsupported board IDs, or lowering LFM to the minimum on models that use HWP). If you don't need to modify X86PlatformPlugin, you don't need CPUFriend.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:12 PM, WinstonAce said:

Chiming in from an HP EliteDesk 800 G1: SpeedStep does not work with iMac14,2 on this machine either.

I also tried to go up to iMac15,1, which also didn't help.  Hopefully this will be fixed before the final release.

Just want to say that this method works phenomenal with my 6700hq. Also switched my 4790k in Mojave to the cpufriend method also. Awesome work!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

On 2/5/2019 at 2:28 PM, onemanOSX said:

I seem to come across this message in verbose

cpuf @ failed to obtain cf-frequency-data

But, what does that mean?

@PMheart any ideas