yehia2amer

[SUCCESS] [GUIDE] Dell Precision T7610 Workstation Hackintosh - GUIDE

7 posts in this topic

Dell Precision T7610 Workstation

Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Dell Precision Workstation T7610 Case External                  Dell Precision Workstation T7610 Case Internal

Introduction: 

Hi Everyone,

This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ^_^).

Specs:

• CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors
  • RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
  • GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GD5
  • Chipset: Intel C602
  • Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio
  • SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4 
  • Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support

• Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210

• NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:

• Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh)
  • ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla)
  • Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13)
  • LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2)
  • Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla)
  • Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet)
  • USB 2.0

Not Working:

• NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202)
  • Sleep

https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide

Edited by yehia2amer

Advertisement

I did a similar install and wrote it up here:  

I also couldn't get the USB3 controllers or sleep to work properly.  I posted about it here:

I tried for quite some time with custom DSDT and other things and in the end gave up. If you get any further progress would be interested to hear about it. 

Edited by Bounc1ngbanker

@yehia2amer,

I try to use your EFI folder without success ... do you have any guide for install sierra or high sierra on the T7610 ?

My bios version is A17

CPU Xeon E5-2630 v2 @2,60 ghz (6 core 12 thread)

GPU Nvidia Quadro K4000

RAM 32 Giga

Thank you

Hey, thanks so much for posting this here!

I have the same computer with the exception of my GPU which is a Quadro K4000. I tried using your Clover folder after I found my first attempt failed. Unfortunately it still fails at the same point, have you got any idea what I might try to change? I'm very new to all of this. Below is a photo of when it freezes in verbose mode.

(I have tried many different guides and methods online (vids, threads on forums etc.) 

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Clover and Install Disk Creator, and also tried different Usb sticks/ports, changed my bios settings as far as I could (the Dell menu seems to be quite different and more basic then some people's bios menus in YouTube videos) and I don't know what to change..

Also I am a bit confused that although it is a legacy device, it has an option to select uefi boot options too in one of the bios menus??

Maybe you could explain the basic steps you took? I'd be incredibly grateful!!

Cheers,

BarryLimestone

IMG_9470.HEIC

I have the same computer, went to the github link but there is no actual guide, just a folder with drivers etc. Where is the guide? Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tonyx86
      I was inspired by @duduclx post for installing El Capitan on a Dell Latitude E6410, so I decided to install Mojave 10.14.5.  Everything works perfectly except for sleep.  I'm starting this thread hoping to help others install Mojave on their E6410s and to diagnose and resolve the sleep issue.  This thread is not currently intended to be an installation guide and is better suited to the intermediate/advanced hackintosher.  Eventually, it may evolve into a guide.

I started with this thread (Many thanks, @duduclx !!!) and ended up with the system captured in the attached files.  The keys were to change the LPCB._DSM.Name to "3b09" and remove all CLOVER configs not necessary for Mojave, plus some other items mentioned below.

My system is as follows:
      Dell Latitude E6410 (I7-620m, Nvidia 3100M, 8GB DDR3, 512GB SSD, 1440x900 display, BIOS: A17) MacOS: Mojave 10.14.5 (APFS) (Patched with DosDude Mojave Patcher 1.3.3) MacModel: MacBookPro 6,2 (LPCB._DSM.Name "pci8086,3b09") Kexts: Lilu 1.3.6, VoodooHDA 2.9.2, AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.0, IntelMausiEthernet 2.4.1d1, ACPIBatteryManager 1.90.1, BrcmPatchRam2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, VoodooPS2Controller (the "Refined ALPS Touchpad" version - release 5, not the original version) Wi-Fi: Broadcom BCM 94352HMB (with AirportBrcmFixup.kext) MacOS: Mojave 10.14.5 CLOVER (Legacy): R4961  
      Configuration items that may be different from what you have seen in other E6410 configurations
      LPCB._DSM patched with device-id "3b09" AND "name", "pci8086,3b09" for native Nehalem power management with MacBookPro 6,2 ECDV renamed to EC so that AppleBusPowerController loads AGP.VID._DSM patched with device-id "0a29" so that AppleGraphicsPowerManagement loads  No CLOVER Generate P or Generate C States (with the correct LPCB._DSM and MacBookPro 6,2, these CLOVER options are unnecessary for this architecture and only limit max multiplier and reduce number of P states) DSDT patched to include HDAU device (device-id 0x0be3)   
      What is NOT working:
      Sleep (display goes blank, but power light stays on.  System cannot wake and must be forced off with power button) Display brightness can be controlled with keyboard keys, but cannot be controlled with slider in Display settings.  The slider appears in Display settings (because of the backlight DSDT injection in AGP.VID._DSM), but the slider doesn't work (yet).  Haven't spent time to figure this out, but would love help. Graphics Power Management - AGPM loads (because 10de,0a29 device is injected), but there's no evidence that 3100m frequency and voltage is changing.
        What is NOT tested:
      SD Card Slot Smartcard Reader eSata (I have this disabled in my BIOS) Display Port Firewire Port (it does appear in the Network settings, just haven't tried it) Microphone Jack PC Card Slot (I have this disabled in my BIOS) Camera (I have this disabled in my BIOS)  
      What IS working:
      Everything else not mentioned above.   Speedstep/CPUPowerManagement is perfect, system temps are low, CPU multiplier operates as expected, battery life is long Shutdown is fast Display/graphics acceleration is perfect (thanks to DosDude's Mojave patcher) Brightness (adjusted with brightness keys on keyboard) works perfectly Battery Manager works (battery status is displayed in menu bar) simply by installing ACPIBatterManager.kext. Wi-Fi (after changing to Broadcom BCM94352HMB and installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext) Audio (volume adjustable, volume indicator appears in menu bar).  Switched to VoodooHDA from AppleALC after AppleALC caused slow boot due to "IOHDACodecFunction timeout." Ethernet port (with IntelMausiEthernet.kext) Broadcom BCM20702A0 Bluetooth (with BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext) Optical Drive External VGA (with corrected NVCAP.  Need NVCAP 04000000 00000100 0E000000 00000007 00000000 (credit: @PlutoDelic) for working external VGA display. Headphone jack  
      Known issues and their solutions
      AAPL,clock-id and device_type do not appear in IORegistry for EHC1.  Solution is to use CLOVER on-the-fly patching/fixing/renaming for EHC1 and EHC2.  This has been completed and tested, but does not fix the sleep behavior.  This fix is not reflected in the attached files. ALPS trackpad performance is not good with the "standard" VoodooPS2Controller.kext that I initially used.  Switching to the "Refined ALPS TouchPad driver" is a big improvement.  I've implemented and tested this on my system.  The ALPS version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext mixes up a few keys.  Need to switch the Command and Option keys (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys) and change keyboard type to ISO European.  The updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not reflected in the attached files. This proposed configuration uses an injected device-id (10de,0a29) for NVidia 3100m to get AGPM to load.  While I haven't observed any performance differences, a better approach may be to inject AGPM properties for device 10de,0a6c (the actual device-id for the 3100m).  This AGPM method is discussed later in this thread.  I have briefly tested this "FakeSMC.kext method" for injecting AGPM attributes without any noticeable changes in laptop/graphics behavior and have not updated attached files to reflect this change. IOHWControl is not loaded under AGPM (Should be AGP > VID > NVDA,Display-A@0 > NVDATesla > AGPM > gpu-control > IOHWControl as viewed in IORegistryExplorer).  It is loaded on a real MacBookPro6,2 running Mojave and is loaded on this Dell Latitude E6410 running High Sierra.  If I "Inject NVidia" via CLOVER, IOHWControl loads properly.  I have made this change and am testing it on my system, but have not updated the attached configuration files. The Dell Latitude DSDT (BIOS A17) has a bug in Method (GNOT).  In the method, the expression  If (LOr (LGreater (OSYS, 0x07D0), LLess (OSYS, 0x07D6))) always evaluates to TRUE, so the patched DSDT has no dependency on the value of OSYS.  I suspect that LOr should be replaced with LAnd, so that this expression is TRUE for variants of Windows 2001 and False for any other OS.  While this may have no affect on MacOS, it makes one wonder how such an obvious bug made it through Dell QA and is still present in BIOS A17.  Also makes one wonder whether the sleep problem (which no one has solved) was fixed in Windows to address another DSDT bug. The DSDT patch that duduclx refers to as "Intel GMA Ready" in his El Capitan Guide is not applied correctly to the DSDT in this thread.  Somehow, the contents of patched _DSM are located in the PCI0.VID device instead of in Method (_DSM) within the PCI0.VID device.  MaciASL didn't complain about this, so it went unnoticed, but it doesn't appear to have had any affect.  The solution is to move the "Intel GMA Ready" patch into Method (_DSM) within the PCI0.VID device.  
      Brief Installation Guide (for the experienced Hackintosher):
      Follow duduclx's guide for BIOS config Create your MacOS installer USB (Use DosDude's Mojave Patcher for Mojave) (start with High Sierra and not Mojave if you're new to hackintosh). Install CLOVER (Legacy) on installer USB using attached EFI as your guide for patched ACPI, kexts and config.plist Install MacOS to your SSD Install the following kexts in /Library/Extensions:  ACPIBatteryManager.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakeSMC.kext, FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext (the "Refined ALPS Touchpad driver," not the original) Switch Command and Option keys to compensate for Refined ALPS driver issue (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys).  Also change keyboard type to ISO European to fix the [ ` ~ ] key (to the left of the "1" (one) key. Install VoodooHDA Install HWMonitor application  
      Tips for Improved Performance (on this and other older systems)
      System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results: Uncheck all options System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy: Add all Volumes System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: Check "Reduce motion" System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: Check "Reduce transparency"  
      Other tips
      If your fan is always running and temps are good, try pressing Fn + z  

CLOVER.zip
    • By glasgood
      GLASGOOD'S

MOJAVE HACKINTOSH GUIDE 

**FOR**  GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO

CREDITS & THANKS

@MaLd0n
      His help with EFI configuration and DSDT

CLOVER  TEAM
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, rehabman, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon Et al

APPLEALC
      Acidanthera, vit9696

VOODOOHDA
      autumnrain, slice2009, zenith432

ESP PRO MOUNTER
      @Micky1979 

HACKINTOOL
      @headkaze

CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
      Mackie100

THEME ENGINE
      Alex Zielenski

INSANELYMAC
      OLARILA

Hackintool Tutorial
      daliansky

Hackintosh Vanilla Desktop Guide
      /r/Hackintosh - corpnewt

MONITORCONTROL
      JoniVR & theOneyouseek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART LIST

• Intel I7 8700 
      • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
      • Gigabyte AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ( 2 x 8GB ) 2666MHz – CMK16GX4M2A2666C16  In this build, both memory modules are installed in memory slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1 

• Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • Corsair H100i V2 AIO Hydro/Water RGB LED CPU Cooler
      • Samsung EVO 500GB SSD (2.5) macOS Mojave
      • Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • NZXT H500 Mid Tower ATX Case

• RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS  
      OR
      • WIFI and Bluetooth with BCM94331CD with PCI-e adapter (but will require AirportBrcmFixup.kext for AirDrop.. )

** Avoid Samsung EVO 970 PLUS as Hackintosh has problem with that device **

WORKING

• Sound 
      • HDMI Port on AMD RX580 / 590 ( Ensure you disable BIOS CSM if using HDMI on RX580 / RX590 )
      • HDMI Port on Aorus Z390 Motherboard ( Ensure you have correct BIOS settings as per this guide for Intel only)
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Handoff
      • Continuity

PREAMBLE - BEFORE YOU START 

Here detailed, is all the  steps towards building a successful and stable Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh, if you are a first time Hackintosher, this guide will have you quickly up and running with the Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh. To rule out any problems from the go,
      only have the disc that you plan to install macOS Mojave connected to the Aorus Pro, disconnect any other Windows / Linux or data drives, external drives from your Aorus Pro. Windows / Linux and data drives can be connected after successful installation of macOS Mojave
      If you have more than 16 GB of memory, then install macOS Mojave with just 16GB, you can later add any additional memory. Install memory modules in slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1. This build has the Wi-Fi combo PCI-e card installed in slot PCIEX1_3
      with its 9 pin USB cable attached to motherboard header F_USB2. 

If using the Corsair H100i v2 AIO cooler with USB cable connected to motherboard header F_USB1, you will need to enable hot-patch ( explained in guide ) in config.plist for working sleep, wake from sleep will only work by pressing Power Button.
      However, If not using the Corsair H100i v2  USB cable, then you have wake from sleep using Keyboard / Mouse or Power Button.
      The Corsair USB cable is only required if using Corsair Link software in Windows for custom Fan or LED settings.

Install macOS Mojave on its own physical drive, so do not try and install macOS Mojave onto a free partition on a disc that contains Windows.
      Remove any Thunderbolt cards, Thunderbolt card can be reinserted after installation.  Double check your BIOS settings are the same as this guide. 

AMD Vega card's  will work with this guide, but If you plan to use a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 then please read @AudioGod ==>post  regarding the Sapphire Pulse 56.

Following are unsupported / problematic

• Intel Optane ( if you have this, remove it before installation of macOS Mojave )

• Samsung EVO Plus drives ( firmware problem with macOS )

• XFX Radeon RX 580

• NVIDIA GTX / RTX not supported in macOS Mojave

• Fenvi T919 Wireless Card, it seems Bluetooth is not working out of box for some users ( Maybe the USB port attached to Fenvi bluetooth is wrongly configured, or the SSDT-UIAC.aml port connector was not configured as Internal, or maybe some other reason )
         Save yourself a headache --->  RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD WORKING OUT OF BOX (OOB)  is ---> ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS 

Q - WILL THIS GUIDE WORK WITH MY NON AORUS Z390 PRO MOTHERBOARD ?
      A - Possibly may work with other Z390 chipset motherboards. See very bottom of page for PRE & POST - INSTALL AORUS X 390 EFI's ( will require USB SSDT fix  )

Q - I notice you have the Aorus Pro Z390 version, will this guide work with Aorus Pro Z390 WiFi version ?
      A - Yes, but onboard Intel / Intel CNVi WIFII /Bluetooth will not work with macOS and you will have to disable HS14 for Bluetooth to function properly on BCM943602CS or BCM94331CD WiFi/Bluetooth Combo cards ( more info at bottom of guide) .

PART 1 - DOWNLOAD 

Download the following:

• CLOVER

• PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip

•  POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip

//OPENCORE EXPERIMENTAL EFI FOR RX580==> EFI.zip

// INTEL UHD 630 EFI  Aorus Pro Z390 EFI's below. For those who do not have a Graphics Card Installed in PCIe Slot, requires Initial Display Output BIOS setting to be changed to IGFX  spoiler below!

•  PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip

•  POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip

• ESP MOUNTER PRO v1.9

• macOS MOJAVE 

• CLOVER CONFIGURATOR

• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi  ( Used only to initialise iMessages. It then must be removed from Clover drivers64UEFI folder as will cause intermittent memory allocation errors on boot, explained in guide)

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS

• Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip 

• ThemeEngine 

• Assets.car 

// Not really needed but IF no sound on Wake from Sleep then use SSDT-ALC1220 and CodecCommander
      • SSDT-ALC1220.aml  ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / ACPI / Patched )

• CodecCommander.kext.zip ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / Kexts / Other )

PART 2 - BIOS SETTINGS (version F9 )

Here is a list of the BIOS settings that I have used ( Screenshots in spoiler below )

• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
      • BIOS → CSM Support → Enabled

• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
      • Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack →  Disabled
      • Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection →  AHCI

• Chipset → Vt-d → Disabled
      • Chipset → Internal Graphics → Enabled
      • Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated → 256M
      • Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → MAX 
      • Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
      • Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Disabled 

• Power → Platform Power Management → Disabled ( Change to enabled after macOS is installed )
      • Power → ErP → Disabled  ( Can be enabled if you have RGB lighting that you want to power off when shutting down Hackintosh. Thanks @AudioGod for flagging this up)
      • Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled

• MIT → Advanced Memory Settings  → Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) → Disabled
      // IF USING  CORSAIR H100i V2 AIO CPU WATER COOLER 
      • MIT → Smart Fan 5 Settings → CPU Fan Control mode → PWM 

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

SCREEN DUMP SPOILERS

PART 3 – CREATE A MOJAVE USB FLASH INSTALLER

Prepare USB Installer for Mojave ( Video below )

• Insert USB drive
      • Launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
      • Disk Utility → View → Show All Devices
      • On Left-hand panel → External →(Identify your USB device in left hand panel)
      • Click and highlight your USB device in the left-hand panel.
      • Click erase button.
      • Name: USB
      • Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled )
      • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
      • Click Erase button.

• Place the downloaded MacOS Mojave app into Applications folder.
      • Open Terminal copy and paste:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created  • Enter

PART 4 – INSTALL CLOVER ON THE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER 

Make Mojave USB flash drive installer bootable.( Video below )

• Launch Clover application, double click.
      • Click Continue → Continue → Continue 
      • Click Change Install Location button.
      • Click Install macOSMojave USB installer → Continue
      • Click Customise button
      • Choose:
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP Themes UEFI Drivers • Click Install button
      • Installation Complete!

Video:

PART 5 – CUSTOMIZE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER FOR AORUS Z390 PRO

Replace Clover EFI folder with PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip  OR  if NO graphics card installed in PCIe slot, then use PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip( Video below ) 

• Install ESP Mounter Pro v1.9
      • Using ESP Mounter Pro, Mount ESP on disk2s1 ( Your disk name may be different )

• Open mounted EFI partition found on desktop
      • Copy all the contents from Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder
      • Replace USB EFI folder with all the contents inside the Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder.

PART 6 – INSTALL MAC OS MOJAVE ON INTERNAL DRIVE

INSTALL NOTE

ENSURE BIOS: Above 4G Decoding is set to Disabled 
      if Above 4G decoding is set to enabled then macOS Mojave install will freeze at 2 mins remaining and will not shut down properly!!!!

Please be patient during install, so when install gets to 2 or 3 mins remaining then it may take extra time. Be ready to boot from UEFI USB installer by pressing F12 when install initiates restarts. 

• INSERT USB INSTALLER INTO THE USB 2.0 PORT  

Here is a walkthrough of the full process using the macOS Mojave USB Installer on the Aorus Z390 Pro. 

• Power on PC and press F12• Choose bootable USB drive from boot menu.

• Install macOS Mojave to internal solid state or hard drive.

When system returns to the Clover boot menu choose:

• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh

At next restart, press F12 and boot from external UEFI USB device and choose:

• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh

Proceed with macOS Mojave install

macOS Mojave is now installed, but it can only boot at this moment thanks to FakeSMC and Clover on the Mojave USB flash drive installer.

PART 7 – MAKE AORUS Z390 PRO INTERNAL DRIVE BOOTABLE

Make internal drive bootable ( Video below )

So far, the Aorus Pro can only boot the internal system drive with the aid of the Mojave USB Installer.
      To boot from the internal system drive without the installer: 

Download and install Clover with RC Scripts on target volume.  
      If your Aorus Pro Z390 has AMD RX 580 then copy the EFI folder from inside POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip  folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition.          OR
      If your Aorus Pro Z390 has no graphics card installed in PCIe slot, then copy the EFI folder from inside POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip  folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition.   

• Remove USB Mojave installer and shut down and restart.

Aorus Hackintosh should now be able to boot to macOS Mojave, Done, well almost ! 

PART 8 – ENABLE IMESSAGES & FACETIME 

// UPDATE 21st MAY 2019

Possibly Clover Configurator now automatically populates correct values for working iMessages when you select an SMBIOS.  

After selecting SMBIOS, example iMac19,1 for Aorus Pro with RX580 ( image above ) then go to Apple and ensure you have the "serial number is not valid " message. Done!

If you still have problems connecting to iMessage, test and ensure that AirDrop is working, then follow instructions inside spoiler. 

• Mount internal drive EFI/ESP partition
      • Go to folder CLOVER → drivers64UEFI 
      • Place both EMUVariableUefi-64.efi inside → drivers64UEFI

Using Clover Configurator, add the following argument to config.plist using Clover Configurator.

• Slide = 0

Shutdown and then press power on button on PC.

• You should now be able to Log into iCloud, iMessages and FaceTime

• NOW delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi from CLOVER → drivers64UEFI Folder 
      • Shutdown and restart Aorus Pro hackintosh. iMessages etc is now operational without EMUVariableUefi-64.efi ( EMUVariableUefi-64.efi only needed to initialise iMessages )

// UPDATE 22nd May 2019 

• It seems that there are no "Couldn't allocate runtime area"  errors when continuing to use EMUVariableUefi-64.efi since updating to macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and using Clover version r4920. 
      • It is important to delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi, this will avoid very intermittent boot errors such as: “Couldn’t allocate runtime area”  post errors.

PART 9 – ENABLE TRIM for Solid State Flash Drives

Open Terminal and enter the following command:
      sudo trimforce enable  

DEFAULT SSDT –  USB PORTS FIX CONFIGURATION WITH FRONT USB-C - SSDT USBPorts.kext ALREADY INSIDE AORUS Z390 EFI FOLDER  – Provided by @AudioGod  

If you have USBC on Computer Chassis / Case, then SS01 and SS02 is mapped to that USB C port 

------------    GUIDE FINISHED YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE WORKING AORUS Z390 PRO HACKINTOSH  WITH SSDT USB FIX   ------------

OPTIONAL: Set Wi-Fi Country Code

OPTIONAL: System Information - PCI

External USB Storage:  Fix "disk did not eject properly" message upon wake from sleep

OPTIONAL:  Native Display Brightness - with MonitorControl

OPTIONAL:  Dual Boot macOS Mojave & Windows 10 

OPTIONAL:  Replace the default "About This Mac" Apple Logo with RED AORUS APPLE

OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 1 –  SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder 

OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 2 -  SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder 

OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 3 – Create your own SSDT

FRAMEBUFFER PATCHING  – For working Intel UHD 630 Graphics, working HDMI Port, working HDMI Audio on Aorus Z390 Pro

FINAL CUT PRO  – Configuration for AMD RX5xx 

AORUS PRO Z390 WIFI version with Intel CNVi  – Disable Bluetooth on HS14

Resolve bluetooth issue  reported by @eSaF 

CLOVER  – Updating / Upgrade Clover boot loader 

SLEEP  – Sleep and Automatic Sleep

SLEEP  – Resolving Instant Wake ( Corsair H100i v2 AIO )

WIFI  – Clover Hotpatch PXSX to ARPT

RECOMMENDED READING  – Excellent Hackintosh Vanilla guide created by CorpNewt with in depth tutorial on Clover.  

https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/config.plist-per-hardware/coffee-lake

AORUS Z390 MOTHERBOARD X  – EFI WITH NO USB SSDT, WITH PORTS LIMIT PATCH, WITH SSDT-GPRW SLEEP / WAKE FIX

Q - I notice you have the Aorus Pro Z390 version, will this guide work with other Gigabyte Aorus Z390  motherboards ?
      A - Possibly, but it is not guaranteed that these EFI folders below may work. 

PRE-INSTALL Aorus X Z390 EFI - RX580.zip
      POST-INSTALL Aorus X Z390 EFI - RX580.zip

PRE-INSTALL Aorus X Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip
      POST-INSTALL Aorus X Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip

SSDT-UIAC.aml.zip
      SSDT-UIAC.dsl.zip

CodecCommander.kext.zip
      SSDT-ALC1220.aml.zip

POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580 2.zip
    • By Jessi-mj
      No success so far.

There is no way I can get Mojave (or High Sierra) to install on this rig.

I'd be really grateful for any help.

My config is 
      Asus Maximus XI Hero (no WiFi); 
      I9-9900k; 
      Sapphire triX Radeon R9 290; 
      Corsair Pro RGB 2x16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

I am using my R9 290 I had at home because I don't need powerful graphics really.

So what I've done
      1) Created USB installation drive using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] -  UEFi option

2) Bios settings
      - Updated BIOS to lastest version

- Load Optimised defaults

- applied the following
      VT-d, disabled
      CFG-Lock, disabled
      Secure Boot Mode, disablef
      OS Type set to Other OS
      XHCI Handoff Enabled
      AI Overclocked set to XMP 3200
      Extreme twerking enabled
      Graphics Primary display set to PCIe
      Legacy USB support enabled
      Power on by PCI disabled
      Fast boot disabled
      Boot logo display disabled
      Boot option 1 set to UEFI usb installer
      Saved and rebooted.

I either get no screen response (stuck in qcode 99 on MB) or stuck on PCI configuration begins.

So what am I doing wrong?

Five hours of trial and error and I gave up on installing from USB.

I am now  installing Mojave from my MacBook Pro to SSD and will use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] before moving the drive over to my PC

The settings I am going to use in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
      Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
      Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
      Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
      Drivers > Misc > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen
      Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet (I used the latest version)
      Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit
      Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
      Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4xxx UEFI
      Customize -> System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3

If you have any suggestions please help.

Perhaps someone can share their EFI folder for a similar rig?

• By Kielligzind
      Hello, i am trying to boot the installer of MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 on my HP Z220 CMT Workstation, but it gets stuck at this error. i attached pictures of this error and i posted my EFI folder. 
      i hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qH_ok-jzIwiLXd5LEEvVloRFZDgPAY2d/view?usp=sharing

• By ThatsMatt
      Salve, sono nuovo nel forum e mi serviva una mano nell'installazione dell' ultima versione di MacOs sul mio notebook HP Pavilion 15-ak112nl.
      Specifiche Tecniche: 
      CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.60 / 3.50 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3). 
      Scheda Grafica: Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4 GB DDR3.
      Hard Disk: 1 TB SATA 5400 rpm.
      Ram: 8 GB DDR3L-1600.
      Audio: altoparlanti stereo Bang & Olufsen PLAY. 
      Rete: LAN 10/100, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, bluetooth 4.0 (Miracast).
      Grazie in Anticipo a chi mi risponderà