Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
i have a mac high sierra 13.6 version on my macbook pro and want to install mojave on my desktop
Exact config is Gigabyte gaming wifi 7 motherboard amy ryzen 7 2nd gen 2700X processor Gigabyte G1 8GB grapgic card VEGA 64
running 2 nvme Samsung 256gb cards and 1 intel 180gb ssd internal and 1tb WD HDD, with 64 GB 3200Mhz Ram
I always want to have a long lasting battery ultrabook to install Mojave on. I was looking at Dell XPS 13 but its design is not very good with the camera and other problems. HP Spectre x360 is a nice design but the wifi module is soldered on board. The Envy 13" is the best one in the bunch for MacOS Mojave. I would not use any other macOS besides Mojave, it's the best one so far. If you can't get it done with macOS Mojave, you don't do it correctly, it's much more refined and given than older macOS's.
I wanted the 8th generation because of the 4 cores which is almost 1.5 times faster than this 7th generation i7-7500u, but the price is too high. I picked up this one on Craigslist for $400. I've just ordered the 500GB NVME WD Black for $104 and DW1560 for $29. So, the perfect MacBook Pro 14,2 is less than $600 that last 5-6 hours with Mojave and 8-9 hours on Windows 10. The bench mark is the same as the real MacBookPro 14,2. BTW, this is the first try, there will be on going testing and confirming. 250GB hard drive is hardly enough for dual boot Windows and Mac. You need at least 500GB, I don't use Windows at all, so I'll partition 200GB for Windows and 300GB for Mojave.
All new HP laptops will have kernel panic if using Clover to boot UEFI, at least a fix was found. I'll have more videos and info when I have time to write them. Watch the videos and ask questions if you have any problems.
1. Clover 4558 - Lilu.kext (1.3.3) - AppleALC.kext (1.3.1) - Whatevergreen.kext (1.2.3) - USBInjectAll.kext (0.6.5) - Fakesmc.kext (6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758) - ACPIBatteryManager.kext (1.81.4) - AHCIPortInjector.kext - BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (2.2.7) - BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (2.2.7) - CodecCommander.kext (2.6.2) - FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (1.3.9) - FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (1.3.9) - FakePCIID.kext (1.3.9) - SSDT-AUIC-ALL.aml - SSDT-USBX.aml - SSDT-PNLF.aml - SSDT-PluginType1.aml - PreLoader.efi.
2. For the keys F2 & F3 to work with backlight slider - the Fakesmc.kext version is important for some reasons, I'm still trying to find out why.
The touchscreen actually works without the voodooI2C kexts, just need to patch the clover.
I've been playing with the laptop for over a week now. Ordered the WD 500GB WDS500G2X0C from Amazon for $104, the 256GB is too small for dual booting Windows 10 & Mojave. It's really plug and play.
Hardware - needed to make this a perfect macbook Pro14,2.
1. DW1560 BCM94352Z - make sure it has 2 notches - Tape the 2 right pins on the 4 pins tab for it to work without a hitch on both Windows 10 and Mojave. You can buy from Ebay cheaper but you have to wait for months.
2. 500GB NVMe SSD m.2 connector M is a must for dual boot - the cheaper one will be slower - Crucial NVMe 500GB is $25 less than WD.
3. NOVOO USB-C to HDMI hub that works and inexpensive.
Let's start to get this Kaby Lake working on the HP - I believe HP has the same components for similar configuration on different models. In order to get Mojave to work on Intel Laptop, we need a few important components - Sound is important (look for Realtek - ALC295) - Ethernet if any -Realtek - Trackpad and TouchScreen (Synaptics or Elan).
REPLACE VNMe SSD HARD DRIVE and DW1560 BCM94352Z
The current BIOS is F22, the newest one is F27 but I don't want to update since it's working well. Since I don't really need the original Windows 10 with Junk software in it, I install the latest Windows 10 using Media Creation USB Boot Drive. The important thing is we have to prepare the SSD correctly or our EFI folder will only be set at 100MB which is not enough to install Clover or any other boot loaders. So instead of letting the Windows installer to create the EFI folder automatically, we can set the size ourselves using "diskpart" command. In order to use diskpart, we need to boot with Windows 10 USB installer (hit F9 then select UEFI USB installer) - select system repair and not installation - then select command prompt, from here we can create EFI folder and MSR for Windows installer to install. The product ID is already in the UEFI bios, so we don't really have to manually activate the Windows 10.
select disk 0
create partition efi=300 !!! you can change it from 300MB to any size.
format quick fs=fat32 label="EFI"
create partition msr size=16
After exit, reboot with the USB installer again in UEFI mode, select the custom. The Windows installer will select the 300MB EFI folder we've just created.
How to fix KP on Clover UEFI Boot.
This is the macBook Pro 14,2 from HP 13-ad010nr
When I Attempt to wake my Machine from sleep, the screen stays black, although the computer is obviously awake !
This Machine has a 1300W Power Supply So Sleep is Very Useful.
1) FIX_WAK and FixShutdown as per Clover Wiki.
2) Although I am using "SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5", which Should be completely Supported by Mojave, I Also changed the Part Number to "113-4E353BU-O4E" as per this Guide: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/feb18/RadeonRX-580_MacPro.html. The GPU is working GREAT without even Clover Inject
3) Tried to Run this command: disablehibernate.command.zip
4) Tried darkwake=0 to 10
5) Disabled wake on USB & Wake on LAN (BIOS)
sudo pmset -g
System-wide power settings: Currently in use: hibernatemode 0 disksleep 10 womp 0 networkoversleep 0 sleep 0 Sleep On Power Button 1 ttyskeepawake 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage autorestart 0 gpuswitch 2 displaysleep 10 pmset -g assertions
2019-02-19 18:51:04 +0200 Assertion status system-wide: BackgroundTask 1 ApplePushServiceTask 0 UserIsActive 1 PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0 PreventSystemSleep 0 ExternalMedia 1 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0 NetworkClientActive 0 Listed by owning process: pid 56(powerd): [0x0000001700088000] 00:13:44 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" pid 100(hidd): [0x00000025000980a7] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968578.17" Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease pid 200(mds_stores): [0x0000034e000b8279] 00:00:00 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds_stores.power" Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d130000 owner=USB Keyboard id=503 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70, 2:00 AM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d120000 owner=Lenovo Optical Mouse Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler
CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors
RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Chipset: Intel C602
Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio
SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4
Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202
for more info:
Any Help will be appreciated, Thanks !
Send me Yehias-Mac-Pro.zip