headkaze

Hackintool v2.8.6

743 posts in this topic

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

This tool is fantastic, I appreciate all the work you've put into it @headkaze

I have a question about the USB methods.

In the help file, on step 16 it says you can use USBports.kext along with SSDT-EC.aml OR SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml along with SSDT-EC.aml.

the USBports.kext method has worked great for me since I first went through the process using Hackintool in February.  Since upgrading to 10.14.4, there seems to b something wrong with my framebuffer.

I have a Z390 board with core i5-9600k and AMD RX-590 (using iMac 18,3 system def).  Everything was working quite nicely in 10.14.3, but since upgrading I can't get it to sleep properly, so I thought I'd try changing the system def to either mac mini 8,1 or iMacPro 1,1. Whenever I change the system definition, my USB stops working and I think it's because the USBports.kext includes system def info inside it. Because of that, I tried switching to the SSDT method and it doesn't work at all (at least on the USB ports for my wireless logitech mouse/keyboard)

1) if the SSDT method worked, would it work independently of system definition? or is it constrained the same as the USBports.kext?

2) Can I manually edit USBPorts.kext

to change the model here? Or would I have to generate a new SSDT-EC.aml as well? SSDT-EC.aml seems very generic.

<key>model</key>
            <string>iMac18,3</string>

thanks again.

Edited by rooney08

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rooney08 said:

In the help file, on step 16 it says you can use USBports.kext along with SSDT-EC.aml OR SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml along with SSDT-EC.aml.

Actually you can use USBPorts.kext with SSDT-EC.aml (if it detects you need one). The power data is stored in USBports.kext so SSDT-USBX.aml is not necessary. SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext are mutually exclusive.

3 hours ago, rooney08 said:

Everything was working quite nicely in 10.14.3, but since upgrading I can't get it to sleep properly, so I thought I'd try changing the system def to either mac mini 8,1 or iMacPro 1,1.

A lot of people have issues with sleep. You can try the Lilu plugin HibernationFixup. Do you have sleepimage set to read-only or a directory? Is hibernatemode=0? Do you have AAPL,GfxYTile set? (it just got reported to me this setting messed up his sleep). USB can cause sleep issues also. Oh and there is the darkwake setting but it has become less relevant these days.

Incidentally when I updated to 10.14.5 Beta (18F96h) not only did sleep KP my Hackintosh but attaching my external monitor caused an instant KP also. This is something I've had working for a long time prior. So I just rolled back my KBL drivers to 10.14.4 for now. Working fine again.

I'm hoping that the next beta release will fix it but if not I may have to spend some time tracking down the actual cause (hint: KP happens in AppleIntelFramebufferController::invokeHotplugHandler)

Edited by headkaze

Posted (edited)

Hackintool v2.2.0 Released
- New PCI Devices, Network, Power and Tools tab
- Set power settings (be careful!)
- Power tab includes:
   A. If your computer has a problem with sleep this could help. Hibernatemode will be set to 0 and the Sleepimage will be replaced with a write protected 0-byte file.
- Tools tab includes:
   A. Generate AppleIntelInfo report (thanks Pike R. Alpha)
   B. Install Kext for Atheros AR92xx/93xx WLan Cards (only 10.14 +) (thanks Sascha Lamprecht)
   C. Install Kext to enable SATA HotPlug on Mojave again (thanks Sascha Lamprecht)
   D. Generate Windows Bluetooth Registry File

- If you dual boot with Windows and want to share your Bluetooth mouse without having to pair again, do it once in macOS then generate this registry file for Windows.

Hackintool01.png

Hackintool02.png

Hackintool03.png

Hackintool04.png

Edited by headkaze

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Allan said:
Hey [mention=1364628]headkaze[/mention], as the IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, and Shiki are officially dead, why it are available at Hackintool?

If it detects these older kexts it shows in the "Superceder" column the new one you should be using. So its mainly to inform the user.

Edited by headkaze

On 4/2/2019 at 4:04 PM, headkaze said:

Actually you can use USBPorts.kext with SSDT-EC.aml (if it detects you need one). The power data is stored in USBports.kext so SSDT-USBX.aml is not necessary. SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext are mutually exclusive.

A lot of people have issues with sleep. You can try the Lilu plugin HibernationFixup. Do you have sleepimage set to read-only or a directory? Is hibernatemode=0? Do you have AAPL,GfxYTile set? (it just got reported to me this setting messed up his sleep). USB can cause sleep issues also. Oh and there is the darkwake setting but it has become less relevant these days.

Incidentally when I updated to 10.14.5 Beta (18F96h) not only did sleep KP my Hackintosh but attaching my external monitor caused an instant KP also. This is something I've had working for a long time prior. So I just rolled back my KBL drivers to 10.14.4 for now. Working fine again.

I'm hoping that the next beta release will fix it but if not I may have to spend some time tracking down the actual cause (hint: KP happens in AppleIntelFramebufferController::invokeHotplugHandler)

Thank you for your detailed response.

As for the first part, that wasn't exactly my question, but it's probably my fault that I didn't present the question adequately. It probably doesn't matter anymore  to me so much because I figured out the sleep issue, but it would maybe be interesting to know the actual answer. With the USBPorts.kext method, it's tied to system definition (iMac18,3, Macmini8,1, iMacPro1,1 etc...). If the SSDT method worked, would this allow one to test various system definitions without having to alter anything? As it stands right now, the USBPorts.kext method is hardwired to your system definition.

As for the resolution of my sleep issue, I found out that following the update to 10.14.4, my "hibernatemode" was changed from 0 to 3. I probably wouldn't have thought to check this setting for quite some time, but you happened to update Hackintool with the power tab, and when I checked out this new feature, that was one of the first things I noticed. So after resetting the value to "0", my computer is again sleeping in a very low power state (which is just as good as "hibernate" in my mind).

Thank you very much, again.

Posted (edited)

What is these two value it is showing red indicate but my sleep is working without any problem If I click to fix will it break my sleep?

1648545005_ScreenShot2019-04-08at18_02_03.png.00f2630576c71818e71483894e3068a6.png

Edited by telepati

15 hours ago, telepati said:

What is these two value it is showing red indicate but my sleep is working without any problem If I click to fix will it break my sleep?

It's a good question. I have the same two settings on my laptop and I have not applied the patch for it because sleep works fine. My guess is HibernationFixup or some other Lilu plugin is taking care of it. I don't think it would hurt to apply it and it's easy enough to restore the previous settings.

What's the purpose of "fix resolution" on the Display tab? With that, I get a bigger Apple logo and a huge mouse cursor before the login screen, and without it a normal sized logo and a small cursor.

33 minutes ago, Rock_Jesus said:

Is it possible to merge hackintool and clover configurator in one app? It will be great!!

hackintool clover configurator = Quasimodo

miwdkyarmggp-kvazimodo.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hello guys! I using USBInjectAll.kext and EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 rename in clover config.

I downloaded Hackintool for check my USB.

This is normal? Unknown EH01 and EH02? How to fix this?

Motherboard: GA-Z77N-WIFI

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 2.53.29.png

Edited by jasonhun

On 4/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, jasonhun said:

This is normal? Unknown EH01 and EH02? How to fix this?

It just means it doesn't recognize the controller. The latest version should improve this.

Hackintool v2.2.6 Released

- Improved Boot EFI detection

- Set Boot EFI manually

- AppleIntelInfo shows 30 second timer to log CStates. Restores HWP state after logging. Added Intel Regs warning

- Calculator now shows reverse bytes

Hackintool v2.2.7 Released
- Added VDA Decoder status
- Added DevicePath for PCI devices
- Export PCI Devices list to desktop

2 hours ago, headkaze said:

It just means it doesn't recognize the controller. The latest version should improve this.

Hackintool v2.2.6 Released

- Improved Boot EFI detection

- Set Boot EFI manually

- AppleIntelInfo shows 30 second timer to log CStates. Restores HWP state after logging. Added Intel Regs warning

- Calculator now shows reverse bytes

Hackintool v2.2.7 Released
- Added VDA Decoder status
- Added DevicePath for PCI devices
- Export PCI Devices list to desktop

:hyper:

very nice

thank you

Posted (edited)

PCI Devices list is much more informative. No need to use gfxutil to get the Device Path anymore. Right-click on a device in the list and select "Copy DevicePath" to copy it to the clipboard.

Hackintool_PCIDevices.png

Edited by headkaze

9 hours ago, headkaze said:

PCI Devices list is much more informative. No need to use gfxutil to get the Device Path anymore. Right-click on a device in the list and select "Copy DevicePath" to copy it to the clipboard.

cool, one of the most frequently used hackintosh app for me.

:thanks_speechbubble: for that! 

as @telepati already asked above, it would be cool to add release notes to the update alert.

since you are already using the Sparkle framework, it's probably not difficult to do.

many will be very grateful! :thumbsup_anim:

also, I'm not sure if this is possible.it would be useful to add a separate button or right click menu on a pci device path for "reveal in IORegistryExplorer/IOJones"

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, artdevjs said:

also, I'm not sure if this is possible.it would be useful to add a separate button or right click menu on a pci device path for "reveal in IORegistryExplorer/IOJones"

Check out Hackintool v2.3.1. Right-click on a PCI device and select "Copy IOReg Path". Launch IORegistryExplorer and select Go->Go to Path... menu option. Paste in the path and click the "Go to Path" button.

Edited by headkaze