headkaze

Hackintool v2.6.9

653 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, headkaze said:

@SavageAUS can you download FB-Patcher v1.5.5. It can now export USBEHCPorts.kext and USBXHCPorts.kext. I'm guessing that's what you need?

I can't find FB-Patcher v1.5.5, only 1.5.4 on first post. Where is this new version, please

Advertisement
@SavageAUS can you download FB-Patcher v1.5.5. It can now export USBEHCPorts.kext and USBXHCPorts.kext. I'm guessing that's what you need?

Even with 1.5.5 and USB port patch I cannot see the 2 USB 2.0 ports with the app just the USB 3.0 and internal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Even with 1.5.5 and USB port patch I cannot see the 2 USB 2.0 ports with the app just the USB 3.0 and internal.

Can you please run "ioreg -l >ioreg.txt" from Terminal and attach it here.

5 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Can you please run "ioreg -l >ioreg.txt" from Terminal and attach it here.

I sure can.

I have a Microsoft nano receiver plugged into one of the mystery ports.

ioreg.txt

No I should have something to try soon.

It’s a strange issue because they used to show up under a different section when I created my SSDT with ioreg. I don’t know what’s changed.

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

It’s a strange issue because they used to show up under a different section when I created my SSDT with ioreg. I don’t know what’s changed.

Can you please try the attached version. Also can you attach the USBPorts file it generates so I can take a look.

Edited by headkaze

Just now, headkaze said:

Okay it looks okay. Only thing left I guess is to confirm if it works or not.

Seems to work just fine to me. here is updated kext with touchscreen deleted, laptop wont sleep with it active.

I do see one hiccup, with the kext loaded if i open FBPatcher it does not show the 2 usb 2.0 as active if i plug something in but its working and shows in system overview.

USBPorts.kext.zip

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.59.56 pm.png

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I do see one hiccup, with the kext loaded if i open FBPatcher it does not show the 2 usb 2.0 as active if i plug something in but its working and shows in system overview.

Can you please run "ioreg -l >ioreg.txt" from Terminal again and attach it here (with the kext loaded).

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

I hope this is all helping and i'm not just being a pain.

ioreg.txt

No, you're being helpful as I haven't been able to implement EHC support yet as I don't have a machine that has it. So I'm sure people will appreciate that the next version will finally support it.

@SavageAUS so I compared the two ioreg files you posted and I don't really understand why but the ports have changed from HP11..HP13 to PR11..PR13. Also the "portType" / "UsbConnector" entries have vanished even though I can see that I'm injecting them correctly in the USBPorts.kext. The "portType" and "UsbConnector" entries are the values I use to determine a valid port which is why they are not displaying in FB-Patcher once you have USBPorts.kext installed.

Looks like I'll have to do a bit more research on the topic to find out why and figure out a work around for it.

Thanks again for your help.

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Seems to work just fine to me. here is updated kext with touchscreen deleted, laptop wont sleep with it active.

Can you please try with FB-Patcher 1.5.6. Please delete USBPorts.kext and start from the beginning of the USB instructions again. Then please post the newly generated USBPorts.kext and ioreg.txt here. Thanks. 

Edited by headkaze

7 hours ago, headkaze said:
Can you please try with FB-Patcher 1.5.6. Please delete USBPorts.kext and start from the beginning of the USB instructions again. Then please post the newly generated USBPorts.kext and ioreg.txt here. Thanks. 

I will do today and post results.

1.5.6 is not detecting the left side ports again.

ioreg.txt

Edited by SavageAUS

16 minutes ago, headkaze said:
It looks like you don't have USBInjectAll.kext installed

Lol your right, I removed the fbpatcher kext and applied port limit patch but forgot that one, I’ll put it in and reboot and try again soon. Thanks.

EDIT: No change from 1.5.5 > 1.5.6

ioreg.txt

USBPorts.kext.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

36 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

EDIT: No change from 1.5.5 > 1.5.6

I still don't see USBInjectAll installed in your ioreg.txt

If you don't mind can you IM me

Edited by headkaze

23 hours ago, headkaze said:

Intel FB-Patcher 1.5.7 Released

- Now detects EHC and hub ports (thanks to RehabMan & SavageAUS). Multi-select USB Ports. Now detects if USBInjectAll is installed

Hey buddy, using 1.5.7 on my skylake rig and i'm unable to see SS ports, i believe i am injecting all ports.

ioreg.txt

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 11.40.12 am.png

CLOVER.zip

On 10/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, headkaze said:

Care to explain what you mean by "trashed"? FB-Patcher should not mess with any existing settings in your config.plist. It should only add the data in a non-destructive way. Please attach your "trashed" config.plist so I can take a look. 

Apologies - I no longer have the problem config plists. I recreated my config.plists from scratch on all my machines that were problematic after using the patcher and the issue was resolved. I did not use the patcher again so am afraid I have no useful information to give you.