fantomas

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Guys, I try with these commands in Terminal but it gets me errors.

try this:

rm /volumes/macOS/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

or

sudo rm /volumes/macOS/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

Advertisement
28 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Guys, I try with these commands in Terminal but it gets me errors.

Weird. While you trying what @cyberdes just told you can you run "export $PATH" command and post the output here?

If everything is ok you should see something like "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

Edited by dzontra

Guys, looks like something is broken. @Cyberdevs I delete the file, but now it stuck on loadbar with apple logo. If I boot with -v I found errors but it pass them and show the loadbar and stuck here... I leave if for hours without success. @dzontra I try this command and it gets me error.

IMG_20180915_082909.jpg

IMG_20180915_082420.jpg

IMG_20180915_083903.jpg

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

10 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Guys, looks like something is broken. @Cyberdevs I delete the file, but now it stuck on loadbar with apple logo. If I boot with -v I found errors but it pass them and show the loadbar and stuck here... I leave if for hours without success. @dzontra I try this command and it gets me error.

Well in that case I'm afraid you're gonna have to reinstall macOS

I am using this command and choosing Anywhere but still doesn't open the app; is this command changed?

sudo spctl --master-disable

Always getting this error;

1329251986_ScreenShot2018-09-15at15_51_47.png.d912b2ed39a33285e7b23222ff818d7e.png

1110532027_ScreenShot2018-09-15at15_54_12.png.c8912aca49296e2fbebfd196736d2836.png

I also allow the app from the privacy tab.

No problem on HS.

Edited by telepati

1 hour ago, telepati said:

I am using this command and choosing Anywhere but still doesn't open the app; is this command changed?

sudo spctl --master-disable

Always getting this error;

right click on the file and select open, Mojave's security has changed a lot 

Edited by Cyberdevs

I Have updated to Mojave 10.14(18A389). Just patched sound kext with AppleHDA Patcher. added patched kexts &HDA Enabler with Kext wizard. the only problem I'm having at the moment is the I can't open jpg photographs with preview.

but I can open screen shots with preview. is anyone else getting this issue

Screenshot 2018-09-15 at 18.51.15.png

4 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I Have updated to Mojave 10.14(18A389). Just patched sound kext with AppleHDA Patcher. added patched kexts &HDA Enabler with Kext wizard. the only problem I'm having at the moment is the I can't open jpg photographs with preview.

Same here only .png file is open

11 minutes ago, al6042 said:

Are you guys using the internal Intel GPU in "connectorless" mode?

I dont have this kind of issue with Internal GPU Intel HD 4000 on my Laptop, this append with the Geforce gt 710 2 gig

Edited by chris1111

3 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Which is exactly why we created this thread here. You might wanna check it out.

not sure if this would help those of a technical capability this website which is graphics card only (not sure if its a hackintosh or real mac site)

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/macos-10-14-mojave-beta/paged/6/

some interesting scripts and progress reading through this section from page 1 to 6

6 hours ago, Pavo said:

APFS has nothing to do with the speed 

X3kZoVU.png

is this your Kingston or EVO?  I tried also HFPS+ but this does not change anything. @Pavo are you using anything such as SSDT, settings on config.plist or BIOS settings?

1 hour ago, telepati said:

is this your Kingston or EVO?  I tried also HFPS+ but this does not change anything. @Pavo are you using anything such as SSDT, settings on config.plist or BIOS settings?

I get pretty well exactly the same as pavo on my 960 evo.

It's on apfs and uses apfsdriverloader-64.efi and no ssdt, no config.plist settings or bios settings.

write does start off at nearly 2000 but slows to 1500 - thermal issues. pavo doubtless has his nvme in a better spot for cooling :P

56 minutes ago, surfinchina said:

edit:

which doesn't seem to let me edit the above post... never mind...

I changed the test file size to 4gb. thermal issues better now

1231504019_Screenshot2018-09-1807_42_20.png.ac8d97014166954a38daeef5360f86bc.png

C'mon guys stop making show off  :P How do you get those speeds :thumbsup_anim: What kind of hack are you using? :hysterical:

are you both using PCI Adapter or directly installed on motherboard?

Edited by telepati

1 minute ago, telepati said:

C'mon guys stop making show off  :P How do you get those speeds :thumbsup_anim: What kind of hack are you using? :hysterical:

Haha I don't know why it's so good...

Maybe something to do with the i9 CPU and the motherboard which has plenty of bandwidth? I'm not a technical guy :P

One thing with all these tests is to run the activity monitor to make sure the disk isn't indexing (comes up as mdworker)

As an aside and a bit off topic, it always pays to go to sys prefs, spotlight, privacy and exclude all your other disks from the indexing...