fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Thank for everybody. Now working like that - old board, old CPU, old graphics adapter -but new OS .Last update was not easy, now I have such a system. Original's system Dell Vostro  230. Problem off/sleep 

Снимок экрана 2018-08-22 в 17.44.31.jpeg

Advertisement

Guys is it just me or the AirPortAtheros40.kext won't work on TP-Link WD4800 WiFi in DP8 any more??

I just copied the kext from High Sierra like I did with all the betas but it won't load in DP8.

@SavageAUS does it work on your end? Have you tested it yet?

Guys is it just me or the AirPortAtheros40.kext won't work on TP-Link WD4800 WiFi in DP8 any more??

I just copied the kext from High Sierra like I did with all the betas but it won't load in DP8.

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] does it work on your end? Have you tested it yet?

no more load 40.kext in DP8? really? yet, i'm not test it on 4230s

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Just now, Sherlocks said:

no more load 40.kext in DP8? really?emoji27.png

Yup, it's not working anymore, Apple removed support for Atheros wifi adapters in Mojave but I could add the AirPortAtheros40.kext in the /S/L/E from High Sierra but it doesn't seem to work in DP8 anymore. :no:

I'm still waiting for other guys to confirm it! 

Yup, it's not working anymore, Apple removed support for Atheros wifi adapters in Mojave but I could add the AirPortAtheros40.kext in the /S/L/E from High Sierra but it doesn't seem to work in DP8 anymore. :no:
I'm still waiting for other guys to confirm it! 
how about 40.kext in DP7? now i don't have time for 4230s. i'm fucus on clover. 4230s's 40.kext is no problem in DP7.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Just now, Sherlocks said:

how about 40.kext in DP7? now i don't have time for 4230s. i'm fucus on clover. 4230s's 40.kext is no problem in DP7.

I think it was working ok in the previous version.

It is my understanding that Adobe Flash Player is not supported on Mojave and is not likely to be in the future.  I'm getting much too frequent pop-ups to install the most recent update of Flash Player but the update button on the webpage is greyed out.  What do you think?  Is it time to uninstall Flash Player?  Lots of websites still require it.  Just view those websites with a different browser that still supports it?  

4 minutes ago, Rene204 said:

delete it, and use Chrome or Chromium für Flash-Site.

What I ended up doing for now is to download the update in Firefox saying that my system is running 10.13 and it let me download/install the update.  I'll wait until the final version of Mojave is out to decide what I want to do.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@SavageAUS does it work on your end? Have you tested it yet?

Well i just did the latest update and i didnt need to place or replace the kext at all and i have wifi.

Where should AirPortAtheros40.kext be located again?

Edit: Nevermind, found it and it is still where it should be.

Edited by SavageAUS

Hello, I'm getting way too poor performance on latest beta with 960 M.2 EVO, before i was using without any patches, i tried pike-s patch and result was the same. any guess ?

375776508_ScreenShot2018-08-23at4_07_29AM.png.e03470e28a18a62ac472dcebe819293f.png

8 hours ago, Sanom4 said:

Hello, I'm getting way too poor performance on latest beta with 960 M.2 EVO, before i was using without any patches, i tried pike-s patch and result was the same. any guess ?

375776508_ScreenShot2018-08-23at4_07_29AM.png.e03470e28a18a62ac472dcebe819293f.png

Well, at a first glance, it looks like your 960 is detected as an 860. And the results are pretty consistent with that. Did you try BlackMagic's Disk Speed Test tool? I'm curious if the problem is on the tool, or the OS.

Edited by arsradu

Update is done without issues:

macOS10.14DevBeta9.png.eb1c914aa1ec7a08269a1ed00e5cb654.png

And the good old USB-Limit-Patch is still working... ;)

Upgrade to beta9 OK on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH and all the legacy systems in signature.  

Same upgrade procedure as previous betas for my legacy BIOS Dell XPSM1530: Core2Duo mojave2core patcher after making full installer USB with @dosdude1's Mojave patcher.

Spoiler

1675831774_MojaveDB9_18A377aonXPSM1530.thumb.png.21099de060b2f28f371c2665a7c48d41.png