fantomas

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Yeah everything else works fine, just Display recording and only when trying to record in full screen. I have Xeon CPUs so no IGPU for me.

Advertisement
1 minute ago, Pavo said:

Yeah everything else works fine, just Display recording and only when trying to record in full screen. I have Xeon CPUs so no IGPU for me.

Are you using WEG?

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

Are you using WEG?

Have tried with WEG and without WEG and same thing, no change.

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

Have tried with WEG and without WEG and same thing, no change.

I have no iGPU on my SandyBridge either but things work out fine. However without WEG I have transparency issues so I guess WEG is playing a big role on helping to load  the correct framebuffer for my R0 270X GPU.

Success on Gygabyte GeForce 210 1Gig

Spoiler

61p3asl3WtL._SL1000_.jpg.c5b21aa5e7c609eb07433be225cb4ed7.jpg

buy today at Canada Computer for $ 45 Canadians box :lol:
Everything works Full QE / CI

Video Screen recorder works :hysterical:
Only problem he recognizes me two identical display

Double Display Fix Using DVI

Slow boot stall on AppleHDA fix by install VoodooHDA 2.9.0 

Boot is super fast! :plane:
NEW *** Video How to make GeForce 210 working in macOS Mojave 10.14

captur82.png.74b344a045131f66f3ba1829630924ce.png

When I fix all issue I will post a Package installer for make perfect functioning :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT *** All issue Fix

New Video and README.pdf How to make GeForce 210 working in macOS Mojave 10.14

Sleep and wake works!

Credit: dosdude1, ASentientBot 
Credit: Packager chris1111
Credit: Testeur emax31

Credit VoodooHDA Developer Slice, Zenith432, autumnrain 

My config:

- Dell Optiplex 790

- CPU i5 2500

- SSD Kingston 250 g

- Gygabyte Nvidia GeForce 210 1Gig

- 8 Gig Ram Corsaire ddr3

Clover 4600 mode ESP

README.pdf.zip

Edited by chris1111

10 hours ago, macq said:

Then I used the post install patcher from dosdude using the settings as shown in the dark and light screen shots attached here- Full acceleration.

Please take look at screen shot showing the option I chose while using the patcher and suggest what changes I can do to do it without the dosdude patcher. Sip  Is already disabled as far as I know, legacy video card patch is what we are doing manually, is something related to bootplist and legacy usb support seems to make the acceleration functional.

How to attain this without the patcher.

SIP, I set it like this.

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x67</string>
	</dict>

Patched kexts uploaded to previous post here. All works fine here too. :yes:

01.gif.eccde5962bd986a712d037f486257900.gif

On 7/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, "Sniki" said:

macOS Mojave "MinStolenSize" / DVMT-prealloc Patches

@Sherlocks @PMheart i quoted you since im kinda new here and i noticed that you are one of the most active people on this forum (caught my attention).

I noticed that during the Beta updates, the "MinStolenSize" patches are changing from what we previously had / on previous betas, after examining the binary files of the 3 respective platforms: KabyLake, SkyLake, Broadwell i noticed that the:

on AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

Find: 764648FF 05

Replace: EB4648FF 05

values should be enough as it's only in one place in the binary file with a HexFiend search, same for Skylake & Broadwell:

Find: 764048FF 05
Replace: EB404FF 05

on 2 of the binary files of the kexts if you try to search such result.

so lets take KabyLake as example from my previous post:

Kabylake:
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 764648FF 05225508
Replace: EB4648FF 05225508

from the code above on the binary file: 764648FF 05E25108 the code highlighted with red (which was present on previous betas of Mojave but kept changing during newer betas), is unnecessary as after verifying that the code: 764648FF 05 is present only once on KabyLake framebuffer binary file and we can replace it with: EB4648FF 05 this way the patch should be update proof "based on the fact that this part of code didn't change across betas.

So in short words the code after "05" is/was unncessary and the supposedly Update Proof Patches for:

macOS Mojave "MinStolenSize" / DVMT-prealloc Patches

KabyLake:

Comment: Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.14 Credits (Sniki)

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 764648FF 05
Replace: EB4648FF 05

SkyLake:

Comment: Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.14 Credits (Sniki)

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 764048FF 05
Replace: EB4048FF 05

Broadwell:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 764048FF 05
Replace: EB4048FF 05

Any patch for Haswell found please? 

Using Ozmosis bootloader with only IGPU, it can't boot unless i set 128 in DVMT, but in Mojave it doesn't show dynamic wallpapers, dark mode and other new things. Using clover no problem here, but i think i need the use of a patch for that Haswell IGPU.

Thanks 

44 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Guys, how to get hardware encoding and fix quick look issues?

my nVidia 9300GE is the same too on 10.13.6....., so, it could have no hardware encoding design in.:wallbash:

01.gif.09846e93b8b73b6d2c3875c74e6c965c.gif

Edited by crazybirdy

Hello everybody ¡¡¡

QuickTime Player and mp4 quick look preview not working in my rig. Someone facing issues with this app? Could be something related to hardware or installation?

Thanks in advance¡¡¡

1 hour ago, DocXavier said:

Hello everybody ¡¡¡

QuickTime Player and mp4 quick look preview not working in my rig. Someone facing issues with this app? Could be something related to hardware or installation?

Thanks in advance¡¡¡

Set the iGPU as primary in BIOS, and boot from the Dedicated GPU.

Cyberdevs' post on it:

Cyberdevs' explanation here:

My post on it here:

I think I'll open a new thread for this so we can point people to it (in case it's not already opened somewhere).

Thread created here. 

It's far from being perfect. So if you have suggestions, feel free to comment over there and I'll try to add the new ideas/useful information to the main topic.

Edited by arsradu

Hello everybody ¡¡¡

Thanks in advance¡¡¡

In my case, whenever I enable HDMI audio on the RX480 (no matter what method), quicktime stops working. iGPU is disabled, since it's unsupported anyways (Intel HD 2500)

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Set the iGPU as primary in BIOS, and boot from the Dedicated GPU.

Cyberdevs' post on it:

Cyberdevs' explanation here:

My post on it here:

I think I'll open a new thread for this so we can point people to it (in case it's not already opened somewhere).

Thread created here. 

It's far from being perfect. So if you have suggestions, feel free to comment over there and I'll try to add the new ideas/useful information to the main topic.

Thank you arsradu!!! Just to mention that jpg preview is working in my hack since I applied this workaround some days ago in the following way: enable iGPU in bios + selected as secondary (primary for Radeon in pcie 1) + intelgraphicsfixup.kext in others folder (necessary to make it works) 

But this solution doesn't works for mp4 preview. 

Thanks for answering and opening dedicated tread!!!! 

1 hour ago, Nightf4ll said:

In my case, whenever I enable HDMI audio on the RX480 (no matter what method), quicktime stops working. iGPU is disabled, since it's unsupported anyways (Intel HD 2500)

Thanks for answering, Nightf4ll!!! As you said, I have removed the HDMI audio enabler and quicktime and mp4 quick look preview starts working!!!! 

Obviously this is not the solution, but probably could help the Masters to find the right one, allowing activation of HDMI audio. 

Thanks again!!

Thanks for answering, Nightf4ll!!! As you said, I have removed the HDMI audio enabler and quicktime and mp4 quick look preview starts working!!!! 

Obviously this is not the solution, but probably could help the Masters to find the right one, allowing activation of HDMI audio. 

Thanks again!!

So removing the HDMI enabler (is that a kext or something? I don't use HDMI) makes the video preview work but the audio doesn't work anymore?

Have you tried WhateverGreen + Lilu kexts added to Clover/kexts/Other?

For Lilu and its plugins to work under Beta, you need to also add boot argument -lilubetaall to your Clover config.

Edited by arsradu

42 minutes ago, arsradu said:

So removing the HDMI enabler (is that a kext or something? I don't use HDMI) makes the video preview work but the audio doesn't work anymore?

I've tried every possible combination (lilu, whatevergreen, the hdmi enabler kext), always the same result. Once hdmi works, quicktime preview doesn't. Should've probably saved the crashreport though...

Even built the latest appleALC (which seems to enable HDMI too), so now I need to use an older version or voodoohda.kext...

Also, didn't use the -lilubetaall, but I have (-alcbeta -igfxbeta -shikibeta -lilubeta -wegbeta), which is probably the same thing... Also, I tried disabling shiki.kext (didn't matter either).

Edited by Nightf4ll

22 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

I've tried every possible combination (lilu, whatevergreen, the hdmi enabler kext), always the same result. Once hdmi works, quicktime preview doesn't. Should've probably saved the crashreport though...

Even built the latest appleALC (which seems to enable HDMI too), so now I need to use an older version or voodoohda.kext...

Also, didn't use the -lilubetaall, but I have (-alcbeta -igfxbeta -shikibeta -lilubeta -wegbeta), which is probably the same thing... Also, I tried disabling shiki.kext (didn't matter either).

Yes, either you enable them individually, or altogether. Doesn't really matter. Have you tried patching HDMI from clover config though?

18 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yes, either you enable them individually, or altogether. Doesn't really matter. Have you tried patching HDMI from clover config though?

no, can you give instructions or link how to do it? For RX480 gpu..

Edited by Nightf4ll

18 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

no, can you give instructions or link how to do it?

Well, it depends on your hardware. :)

Please, update your signature with all your hardware information and which HDMI are you trying to enable.

Also, if you're using patched SSDT/DSDT, I would strongly advise you to remove them and find Clover patch-on-the-fly replacements (if you need any).

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

For Lilu and its plugins to work under Beta, you need to also add boot argument -lilubetaall to your Clover config.

I can not use WEG, as I do in HS, because with it appears the issue of translucency in Light mode ...

I'm using Lilu + AppleALC + Shiki using -lilubetaall as boot argument. HDMI is not enabled with Lilu, so I'm using HDMIaudio.kext to do so getting audio in my DisplayPort output.

I have to remove HDMIaudio.kext for mp4 and quicktime player working in Mojave.

Could you please give me some guideline to enable HDMI through Clover config?

you can see my hardware in signature, let me know if you need something else ...

Thanks ¡¡

Edited by DocXavier

39 minutes ago, DocXavier said:

I can not use WEG, as I do in HS, because with it appears the issue of translucency in Light mode ...

I'm using Lilu + AppleALC + Shiki using -lilubetaall as boot argument. HDMI is not enabled with Lilu, so I'm using HDMIaudio.kext to do so getting audio in my DisplayPort output.

you can see my hardware in signature, let me know if you need something else ...

Thanks ¡¡

Well, on AMD cards (assuming that's where you want to pull audio from), it all seems to be dependent on that framebuffer. Unfortunately my experience with HDMI and AMD cards is close to 0. I did manage to get HDMI working on the iGPU. Never used the Audio part of it, though...

However, I found this thread, made by Toleda. He's a legend when it comes to audio patching and it seems that his tutorial covers RX 4xx and 5xx cards, as well.More information over there.

Also, questions would be best asked over there, as well. I feel like you could do it from Clover's KextsToPatch. But... you need to know which framebuffer your card is using (which I have absolutely no idea) and in theory, all you have to do is replace one value with another. But..again, it's easier said than done. And unfortunately, when it comes to HDMI audio, and especially audio for AMD cards, I can't really help you...aside from guiding you to the appropriate place. I don't have an AMD card, and I don't use HDMI audio.

If you want my advice, I would say...try to switch to analog sound, if you have the possibility. :) It has better compatibility, which also means fewer edits/patches necessary, which also means that you can still have sound, and you can also fix the mp4 issue..without actually causing other issues.

Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Nightf4ll said:

no, can you give instructions or link how to do it? For RX480 gpu..

Same as above. Take a look at that thread. If you're unsure how to proceed, try to ask.

It's tricky, cause using one kext that could help with sound, actually breaks something else... Sucks. But this is what happens when you don't have any support for that from Apple.

Thanks ¡¡

Try these newly compiled kexts, vit9696 has fixed a lot of issues with DP/HDMI audio, they all work perfectly fine with my RX 480/580 and Vega 64. Remove any HDMI audio kext you have installed and also remove any SSDT/DSDT patches you are using.

Archive.zip

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

Try these newly compiled kexts, vit9696 has fixed a lot of issues with DP/HDMI audio, they all work perfectly fine with my RX 480/580 and Vega 64. Remove any HDMI audio kext you have installed and also remove any SSDT/DSDT patches you are using.

Archive.zip

Still the same, here's the crash report though from Quicktime (ignore the missing -wegbeta, added it later on, same result):

error_log.txt

Edited by Nightf4ll