fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Anyone else having issues with full screen recording using the new capture/recording feature (CMD+Shift+5)? I can record sections of the screen no issues but it will not record when I select the entire screen.

Advertisement
5 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Anyone else having issues with full screen recording using the new capture/recording feature (CMD+Shift+5)? I can record sections of the screen no issues but it will not record when I select the entire screen.

You can try Capture.app

its Built in interactive toolbar in interactive mode

you wil see more option with the toolbar

Edited by chris1111

37 minutes ago, Pavo said:

No man it's all good here.

Edited by Cyberdevs

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

Not working for me. Full screen or not.

Edited by dzontra

46 minutes ago, dzontra said:

Not working for me. Full screen or not.

Is the the hardware encoding support still active on your rig?

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Is the the hardware encoding support still active on your rig?

Is there a way to check?

10 minutes ago, dzontra said:

Is there a way to check?

Yes you can use MacX Video Converter Pro to check and see if it's active not see this post 

Addition:

Here's the link to the official web site for MacX Video Converter Pro you can use it in demo mode just to see if the Hardware Encoding Support is on or off.

Edited by Cyberdevs

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes you can use MacX Video Converter Pro to check and see if it's active not see this post 

O yeah, I forgot about that :)

It is active.

1431074773_Screenshot2018-07-14at19_03_55.png.9c29af2f355867345708b12bf93d55b2.png

1 minute ago, dzontra said:

O yeah, I forgot about that :)

It is active.

Are you using any kexts to activate the the iGPU and dGPU? (IntelGraphicsFixUp or WhateverGreen) or you just use clover's graphics related injections?

14 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Are you using any kexts to activate the the iGPU and dGPU? (IntelGraphicsFixUp or WhateverGreen) or you just use clover's graphics related injections?

Yeah, I'm using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (v.1.2.7). Not sure that I need it.

Edited by dzontra

Just now, dzontra said:

Yeah, I'm using IntelGraphicsFixUp

You can remove it and test without it, I don't inject anything related to my iGPU (and even if I do) it works without IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext anyway.

Please use a USB disk for these tests just in case :D copy the EFI folder on the EFI partition and remove the intelgraphicsfixup kext with any intel related injections and boot from the USB disk and see if that helps with the issue. ( I hope it does ;) )

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You can remove it and test without it, I don't inject anything related to my iGPU (and even if I do) it works without IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext anyway.

Please use a USB disk for these tests just in case :D copy the EFI folder on the EFI partition and remove the intelgraphicsfixup kext with any intel related injections and boot from the USB disk and see if that helps with the issue. ( I hope it does ;) )

Removed the kext but same result.

Hardware Encoding still active. I've tried to disable igpu from BIOS but same thing.

Edited by dzontra

5 minutes ago, dzontra said:

Removed the kext but same result.

Hardware Encoding still active. I've tried to disable igpu from BIOS but same thing.

Hardware Encoding Should be active if you disable it, it makes things worse so iGPU must be enabled for hardware encoding to work properly, but according to your last post regarding the issues with google maps I think there must be something wrong with the EFI folder or the config.plist that you are using. Are you using a Patched DSDT?

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hardware Encoding Should be active if you disable it, it makes things worse so iGPU must be enabled for hardware encoding to work properly, but according to your last post regarding the issues with google maps I think there must be something wrong with the EFI folder or the config.plist that you are using. Are you using a Patched DSDT?

Here is my EFI folder if you have time to check.

EFI.zip

3 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

You can try another kext, use NDRVShim.kext instead of replacing IONDRVSupport and IOGraphicsFamily post#1875.

Previous post updated here. It's better to use Kext Utility.app to install kexts.

6 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Did you install it using Kext Utility.app or which method used?

Try running this after kexts are installed:

Hide contents

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / && sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

@crazybirdy, badruzeus,

Thanks for the help.

Please bear this long post.

*I did fresh install patched geforce Tesla and added all kexts from 10.13.6, repaired permissions , rebuild cache-no acceleration.

*Replaced geforce Tesla by macrumour one -no acceleration.

*Added no compat check boot flag- no acceleration.

*Added and used Nvidia shim  kext- no acceleration.

*Installed kext by kpcm utility, ,kext utility, repaired permission and cache by terminal- no acceleration.

Then I used the post install patcher from dosdude using the settings as shown in the dark and light screen shots attached here- Full acceleration.

Please take look at screen shot showing the option I chose while using the patcher and suggest what changes I can do to do it without the dosdude patcher. Sip  Is already disabled as far as I know, legacy video card patch is what we are doing manually, is something related to bootplist and legacy usb support seems to make the acceleration functional.

How to attain this without the patcher.

I hope I am making sense.

Any suggestions.

Regarrds

Macq

2093630890_Screenshotdark.thumb.png.7221b292d3a6c9b470cb27b478004b60.png

Screenshot light.png

Edited by macq

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Addition:

Here's the link to the official web site for MacX Video Converter Pro you can use it in demo mode just to see if the Hardware Encoding Support is on or off.

CzCKBO0.png

The Video Converter Pro program records perfectly fine in full screen, just native one in Mojave doesn't.

Edited by Pavo

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

I just tested the screen capture on my SandyBridge rig which has no iGPU, and the funny thing is that I get the same issue as you do, after a Kextcache rebuild it's working without an issue.

I'm not totally sure why but it's fixed on that rig as well.

The Thing is that even though there is no Hardware Encoding Support active on my SandyBridge but the Graphics is detected as you can see in the picture.

Things just got more complicated. :blink:

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 12.08.50 PM.png

53 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I just tested the screen capture on my SandyBridge rig which has no iGPU, and the funny thing is that I get the same issue as you do, after a Kextcache rebuild it's working without an issue.

I'm not totally sure why but it's fixed on that rig as well.

The Thing is that even though there is no Hardware Encoding Support active on my SandyBridge but the Graphics is detected as you can see in the picture.

Things just got more complicated. :blink:

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 12.08.50 PM.png

Are you doing this to re-build kextcache?

sudo kextcache -i /

Edited by Pavo

2 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Are you doing this to re-build kextcache?

sudo kextcache -i /

No actually I'm using the app I made which does more than a simple cache rebuild. It resets the nvram, rebuilds caches and rebuilds the Prelinkedkernel as well. It's in my signature.

Just wanted to mention video recorder works perfectly fine for me here... No issues whatsoever. Since I did that trick with setting the iGPU as primary and booting off of the eGPU, I got no issues anymore. Preview and Quick Look work properly, and the full screen video recorder works, as well.

Edited by arsradu