fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, edlvox said:

Hi, im still on 18A293u, for some reason no updates are showing, even after checking the catalog, any ideas how to update?

2 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

It's gone from the catalog, don't know why?

I literally just made a script to change your CatalogURL to the Developer Seed, look 2 post up

Sorry I just noticed that they have removed the seed file, hmmmm wonder why.  

Nevermind it was a typo in the script, here is updated script with correct address.

catalogchg.sh

Edited by Pavo

Advertisement

Hi, thanks for all the answers, yes I used the script and the command, this is the response: "Catalog is already Developer Seed. No need to change it."

And no worries, i get that we normally dont read before posting, im mostly a lurker so have read the wold thread XD

so the update doesnt appear for anybody?

1 hour ago, edlvox said:

Hi, thanks for all the answers, yes I used the script and the command, this is the response: "Catalog is already Developer Seed. No need to change it."

And no worries, i get that we normally dont read before posting, im mostly a lurker so have read the wold thread XD

so the update doesnt appear for anybody?

There was a typo in the script, try re-downloading the script again and re-run it, it should fix it.

Updated the script to let you choice which CatalogURL you want.

catalogchg.sh

Edited by Pavo

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

There was a typo in the script, try re-downloading the script again and re-run it, it should fix it.

Updated the script to let you choice which CatalogURL you want.

catalogchg.sh

Thanks mate, just tested the script, selected options 1 and 2 and still no update showing, I think im completely stuck (gosh should have updated before T.T), do you know if is possible to download the delta update and use the file directly? thank you again

Edited by edlvox

3 minutes ago, edlvox said:

Thanks mate, just tested the script, selected options 1 and 2 and still no update showing, I think im completely stuck (gosh should have updated before T.T), do you know if is possible to download the delta update and use the file directly? thank you again

You might have to do a restart after changing it to Developer Seed, then check for updates.

8 hours ago, Pavo said:

You might have to do a restart after changing it to Developer Seed, then check for updates.

Hi, was a bit late so let it for the night, no updates on either seed (dev or public), so out of look for now.

13 minutes ago, edlvox said:

Hi, was a bit late so let it for the night, no updates on either seed (dev or public), so out of look for now.

Dunno, maybe its the country you are in, its working perfectly fine here and I'm US. Maybe try a fresh install then run the script and check updates.

Edited by Pavo

3 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Dunno, maybe its the country you are in, its working perfectly fine here and I'm US. Maybe try a fresh install then run the script and check updates.

Not the problem.

The update is just removed from catalog server. You will never see it until Apple ADD it back.

1 minute ago, crazybirdy said:

Not the problem.

The update is just removed from catalog server. You will never see it until Apple ADD it back.

Yes You are right same with the Greg Neagle script :wink_anim:

10 minutes ago, crazybirdy said:

Not the problem.

It's possible but then why would Apple still have it on their Developer's download page?

skPW2ky.png

macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg

Edited by Pavo

13 minutes ago, Pavo said:

It's possible but then why would Apple still have it on their Developer's download page?

skPW2ky.png

macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg

I think it's not the same server between catalog and App Store.

CatalogURL Developer beta

https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.14seed-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

App Store: Full installer app

/usr/bin/open macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354523149

Beta Access Utility: Received plist fromhttps://configuration.apple.com/configurations/macos/seeding/content/content-1.0.plist
Beta Access Utility: Pre-10.14: Opened MAS link: macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354523149

5 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

I think it's not the same server between catalog and App Store.

CatalogURL Developer beta

https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.14seed-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

App Store: Full installer app

/usr/bin/open macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354523149

Beta Access Utility: Received plist fromhttps://configuration.apple.com/configurations/macos/seeding/content/content-1.0.plist
Beta Access Utility: Pre-10.14: Opened MAS link: macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1354523149

Finally got what is the issue, I got logged in to all iCloud services except the Appstore, when I logged in to it no updates were showing, just logged out and magically they are now.

Realized when tested the updates in my secondary machine.

Update done, and I have sound, but what version, do you guys have? Mine is this above...

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-06, às 21.03.59.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-06, às 21.20.25.png

12 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Update done, and I have sound, but what version, do you guys have? Mine is this above...

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-06, às 21.03.59.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-06, às 21.20.25.png

Latest Developer Beta (3) is 18A326g

18A326h is probably (as the description says) the Public Beta 2.

Edited by arsradu

LOL ... don't matter, but for the next beta, I have to change the catalog...

Thanks man...

5 hours ago, edlvox said:

Finally got what is the issue, I got logged in to all iCloud services except the Appstore, when I logged in to it no updates were showing, just logged out and magically they are now.

Realized when tested the updates in my secondary machine.

No.

It's just added back by Apple.

2018-07-06 17:02:01 .. 091-94338 .. 10.14.18A326h Update Beta

2018-07-06 17:10:28 .. 091-94199 .. 10.14.18A326g Update Beta

Edited by crazybirdy

3 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

No.

It's just added back by Apple.

2018-07-06 17:02:01 .. 091-94338 .. 10.14.18A326h Update Beta

2018-07-06 17:10:28 .. 091-94199 .. 10.14.18A326g Update Beta

Thanks, it can be updated now.

But I need help from you or other friends here:

At 10.13.6 or lower I never got this update issue.

Only starting from Mojave beta1 (18A293u) to beta3 (18A326g) always got the same error at fresh installation or update:

The installer resources were not found. .............Restart !

No matter what I have done with the following methods:

Using Clover 4516 or newer

Booted by EFI

SMBIOS: had tried MacBook Pro 14,3 / Mac Pro 6,1 / iMac 18,3 / iMac Pro 1,1

Partition formated by GPID apfs

Currently I can use USB HDD from Real MacBook Pro and cloned by CCC to get the working partition in these Hackintoshs only.

IMG_0161.JPG

Edited by jsl2000

54 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks, it can be updated now.

But I need help from you or other friends here:

At 10.13.6 or lower I never got this update issue.

Only starting from Mojave beta1 (18A293u) to beta3 (18A326g) always got the same error at fresh installation or update:

The installer resources were not found. .............Restart !

No matter what I have done with the following methods:

Using Clover 4516 or newer

Booted by EFI

SMBIOS: had tried MacBook Pro 14,3 / Mac Pro 6,1 / iMac 18,3 / iMac Pro 1,1

Partition formated by GPID apfs

Currently I can use USB HDD from Real MacBook Pro and cloned by CCC to get the working partition in these Hackintoshs only.

1. MBR method may works for you, I think it will also work with pre-formated GUID apfs.

Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch

2. How did you make you installer before?

and you can upload the install-log to see what's happened!

use mouse to find the top side tool bar on the screen of error,
Windows -> Log -> Show All Logs, or /Volumes/1014/macOS Install Data/ia.log

Edited by crazybirdy

2 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

1. MBR method may works for you, I think it will also work with pre-formated GUID apfs.

Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch

2. How did you make you installer before?

and you can upload the install-log to see what's happened!

use mouse to find the top side tool bar on the screen of error,
Windows -> Log -> Show All Logs, or /Volumes/1014/macOS Install Data/ia.log

Thank you very much for your patch which can fresh install Mojave Public Beta 1 (18A314k) in MBR partition in my Z87 hackintosh without previous issue.

Now I am concerning these questions :

1. Is this patch also working for GUID partition which has been confirmed by other users ?

2. If this MBR partition cloned to GUID partition, can it be updated via normal way by App store ?

3. Can you fix with similar patch to Mojave HFS+ or apfs Firmware check during updating to avoid such an issue ?

Thanks a million because it's the first time I can install Mojave in my hackintosh without previous issue.

Please see the attached install.log for your reference if it's what you want to check.

BTW I'll send you the error log as soon as possible once I reproduce it again !

Because the previous install data were deleted during repeated installation failure !

install.log.zip

Edited by jsl2000

54 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Thank you very much for your patch which can fresh install Mojave Public Beta 1 (18A314k) in MBR partition in my Z87 hackintosh without previous issue.

Now I am concerning these questions :

1. Is this patch also working for GUID partition which has been confirmed by other users ?

2. If this MBR partition cloned to GUID partition, can it be updated via normal way by App store ?

3. Can you fix with similar patch to Mojave HFS+ or apfs Firmware check during updating to avoid such an issue ?

Thanks a million because it's the first time I can install Mojave in my hackintosh without previous issue.

BTW I'll send you the error log as soon as possible once I reproduce it again !

Because the previous install data were deleted during repeated installation failure !

1.yes with GUID HFS+, not test with GUID apfs, but it should work too.

2.yes.

3.Read HowTo Q8.

--

I can't find the root cause of error with the install-log.

It seems you want to update to 10A326g and get error. I though it was a fresh install.

Maybe you should try to use the latest version of Clover, and remove install-log, then you will get new clean install-log.

Edited by crazybirdy

3 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

1.yes with GUID HFS+, not test with GUID apfs, but it should work too.

2.yes.

3.Read HowTo Q8.

--

I can't find the root cause of error with the install-log.

It seems you want to update to 10A326g and get error. I though it was a fresh install.

Maybe you should try to use the latest version of Clover, and remove install-log, then you will get new clean install-log.

Yes, I can confirm that this MBR patch worked for both HFS+ and apfs partitions in my hackintoshs.

I'll try your advice ASAP.

Clover version was updated to 4586 already.

Hi guys,

As anyone noticed that sound is much better in Mojave, than HS?

I think I read one of you saying just that, but today I got to listen closely and it's true the sound is more rich louder and clear.

Apple changed the algorithm, or what?

Thanks...

I would to know if there is any possibility to avoid apfs conversion with gpt/guid partition table during mojave install, I've tried with unsolid.kext in efi/clover/kext/other without any success.

46 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

I would to know if there is any possibility to avoid apfs conversion with gpt/guid partition table during mojave install, I've tried with unsolid.kext in efi/clover/kext/other without any success.

No way except patch-OSInstaller.

HFS+ Auto-convert to APFS is OSInstaller's must-to-do job now.

Edited by crazybirdy