fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

Anyone managed to use homebrew with this version of OSX???? Can't even install python@2 which dependency for 90% of other packages I use...

1943527404_Screenshot2018-07-04at16_16_09.png.3e6ee420387acd531ab601db7ed26e6c.png

Should have stayed on 10.13 :no:

Have you tried easy_install instead of home-brew?

Advertisement
5 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Have you tried easy_install instead of home-brew?

not that advanced with python, don't use it either... I just use tried to install other brew packages (mongodb) and it failed becaue it couldn't install the dependency for it "python@2"... 

I don't even know why homebrew doesn't use the version shipped with macos either...

If you could expand your answer about "easy_install", I would be grateful.

6 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

not that advanced with python, don't use it either... I just use tried to install other brew packages (mongodb) and it failed becaue it couldn't install the dependency for it "python@2"... 

I don't even know why homebrew doesn't use the version shipped with macos either...

If you could expand your answer about "easy_install", I would be grateful.

easy_install is macOS's built-in python package installer like pip for Linux

2 minutes ago, Pavo said:

easy_install is macOS's built-in python package installer like pip for Linux

I just noticed it can't install some other packages either (go) for example... Seems like some sort of header issue as far I could research on google (which I've no clue about). 

Well, seems like homebrew is KILL until september and final release of of Mojavee, when they'll add official support for it.

For a dark theme I've f*#ked myself pretty hard LOL

384189224_Screenshot2018-07-04at16_48_40.png.c36011cc978cd73ff0ab1e3fbab3a8ae.png

18 minutes ago, Nightf4ll said:

I just noticed it can't install some other packages either (go) for example... Seems like some sort of header issue as far I could research on google (which I've no clue about). 

Well, seems like homebrew is KILL until september and final release of of Mojavee, when they'll add official support for it.

For a dark theme I've f*#ked myself pretty hard LOL

384189224_Screenshot2018-07-04at16_48_40.png.c36011cc978cd73ff0ab1e3fbab3a8ae.png

try using 

sudo pip2 install go

macOS Mojave Beta 3 install on fujitsu celsius r670 no big deal  GeForce GT 610 still doesn't work no graphics Acceleration

Screenshot 2018-07-04 at 5.13.48 pm.png

Edited by Rockey12

I can't update; Monitor going to sleep when during install the update; here is the verbose screen Boot MacOS Install from Mohave;

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Edited by telepati

9 minutes ago, telepati said:

I can't update; Monitor going to sleep when during install the update; here is the verbose screen Boot MacOS Install from Mohave;

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Go to Clover boot menu, hit F4 and then login to macOS and upload your entire EFI folder please.

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

Go to Clover boot menu, hit F4 and then login to macOS and upload your entire EFI folder please.

Here is my files; I have definetly GPU problem.

With Beta 2 I have transparent issue which kindly person @Cyberdevs helped me with that issue some make changes inside my FakeSMC.kext and my transparent problem is gone but this time I am start getting black screen on boot he give me a kext to patched and these all problem solved. 

But today I get black screen issue with this FakeSMC.kext when during install update. 

I changed @Cyberdevs FakeSMC.kext to my other FakeSMC.kext which this is created from by @truemac. I have problem that time with Airplay. Now I can make an update with @truemac FakeSMC.kext which I updated my system couple of minutes ago; No black screen on boot also. But now my transparent  issue came back.

I don't know :no: what these too kindly persons add inside of these FakeSMC's but I am sure I need a new FakeSMC, combination of these two Fake SMC.

@Cyberdevs FakeSMC; Black Screen Boot, Black Screen when during Install Update, but no transparent issue

@truemac FakeSMC; Just transparent issue;

I also added these both FakeSMC.kext. 

122859832_ScreenShot2018-07-04at20_03_27.png.f10d43e099196c086025aac9487d7586.png

1508174490_ScreenShot2018-07-04at19_46_02.png.d558c36b3c158bc52b0099d846d83b61.png

Archive.zip

Edited by telepati

1 hour ago, telepati said:

With Beta 2 I have transparent issue which kindly person @Cyberdevs helped me with that issue some make changes inside my FakeSMC.kext and my transparent problem is gone but this time I am start getting black screen on boot he give me a kext to patched and these all problem solved. 

But today I get black screen issue with this FakeSMC.kext when during install update. 

I changed @Cyberdevs FakeSMC.kext to my other FakeSMC.kext which this is created from by @truemac. I have problem that time with Airplay. Now I can make an update with @truemac FakeSMC.kext which I updated my system couple of minutes ago; No black screen on boot also. But now my transparent  issue came back.

I don't know :no: what these too kindly persons add inside of these FakeSMC's but I am sure I need a new FakeSMC, combination of these two Fake SMC.

@Cyberdevs FakeSMC; Black Screen Boot, Black Screen when during Install Update, but no transparent issue

122859832_ScreenShot2018-07-04at20_03_27.png.f10d43e099196c086025aac9487d7586.png

1508174490_ScreenShot2018-07-04at19_46_02.png.d558c36b3c158bc52b0099d846d83b61.png

Archive.zip

Try this Clover folder with the edits I have made and SSDTs I have added. I removed your DSDT and made SSDTs for each DSDT edit you had. You also had ATI Injection turned on in your config.plist which I turned off because I said above to remove all GPU patches. *Reminder* Test with a USB drive first, if it works then replace your Clover folder in you HDD ESP>EFI folder.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by Pavo

In the DSDT search for layout-id and change it from 0x04 and change it to 0x28 and see if that helps without injecting the layout-id in the config.plist
I removed layout from DSDT and kept layout in config.plist and I still have sound after reboot. I must have done something wrong with my DSDT when I re made it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, telepati said:

The FakeSMC.kext I gave you is the original one from the HWMonitor package and it's the one that I'm currently using.

The Black Screen issue is because of the iMac17,1 SMBIOS and it can be avoided by using the AGDP patch.

The SSDT that @Pavo included in the folder he posted will also work to avoid this issue. (On my Asus RX 560 and RX 580 I get a reddish tint on the Apple's menu bar after few minutes of working in High Sierra and Mojave and it appears faster when the GPU is going under load. (I guess this issue is mostly happening on Asus AMD RX 500 series)

The patch I'm using is:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find: BA050000 00

Replace: BA000000 00

Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal

Ooook, so to sum up.

1. The issue I was having before with no sound only with Internal Speakers was caused by the Layout ID. Switched from Layout ID 7 to 2 and now I'm back. I'm still curious how to determine which actual configuration each of those Layout IDs has.

2. With Internal Speakers, I don't have sound after sleep (even with RtcHibernateAware enabled). Weird that it worked for Line Out...

So, I'm back on no sound after sleep... And CodecCommander apparently didn't help with that either.

Is anyone with working sound after sleep using Line Out...? I'm trying to understand what the hell happens here.

Edited by arsradu

58 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I removed layout from DSDT and kept layout in config.plist and I still have sound after reboot. I must have done something wrong with my DSDT when I re made it.

If you inject the layout-id via clover of course the sound will work even if it's not in the DSDT. Remove the layout-is from the config as well and I bet you will lose the audio unless the AppleALC manages to determine the correct layout-id for your audio codec.

Edited by Cyberdevs

Everything was working ok with the previous beta.

Now I am getting this error

Is a 5960X over X99 deluxe

IMG_5542.JPG

Hi can someone make a little guide how to make ministolenpatch for skylake intel HD graphics because the patch is different from beta to beta and it will be really useful to know how to patch this skl framebuffer kext :D

Can someone tell me why this thing happens? Google maps.

Safari on the left and Firefox on the right. No issues with videos, Youtube, pictures...

621017722_Screenshot2018-07-04at21_29_45.thumb.png.53a949e130919b62162f3ceba5debd2e.png

Edited by dzontra

4 minutes ago, dzontra said:

Can someone tell me why this thing happens? Google maps.

Safari on the left and Firefox on the right. No issues with videos, Youtube, pictures...

621017722_Screenshot2018-07-04at21_29_45.thumb.png.53a949e130919b62162f3ceba5debd2e.png

Seems to be working fine here

Eu4i1Yo.jpg

Are you using iGPU also?

52 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The FakeSMC.kext I gave you is the original one from the HWMonitor package and it's the one that I'm currently using.

The Black Screen issue is because of the iMac17,1 SMBIOS and it can be avoided by using the AGDP patch.

The SSDT that @Pavo included in the folder he posted will also work to avoid this issue. (On my Asus RX 560 and RX 580 I get a reddish tint on the Apple's menu bar after few minutes of working in High Sierra and Mojave and it appears faster when the GPU is going under load. (I guess this issue is mostly happening on Asus AMD RX 500 series)

The patch I'm using is:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

Find: BA050000 00

Replace: BA000000 00

Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal

Original FakeSMC with patch no problem. I can boot no transparent issue. But I can't make an update with this two combination. As I said before after restart I am getting black screen during install the update. 

With @truemac FakeSMC No black screen issue, I can make an update without problem but that's giving a transparent issue. 

I test it @Pavo's SSDTs. No boot. Monitor going to sleep after finishing verbose. Don't stuck no any errors after finishing verbose directly monitor going to sleep.

(I guess this issue is mostly happening on Asus AMD RX 500 series)

I think you are right. :yes:

Edited by telepati

50 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Seems to be working fine here

Are you using iGPU also?

It is enabled in BIOS.

If I disable it, no issues but then Quicklook/Preview issue is back.

UPDATE: Rebuild cache fixed the issue.

Edited by dzontra

4 minutes ago, telepati said:

Original FakeSMC with patch no problem. I can boot no transparent issue. But I can't make an update with this two combination. As I said before after restart I am getting black screen during install the update. 

With @truemac FakeSMC No black screen issue, I can make an update without problem but that's giving a transparent issue. 

I test it @Pavo's SSDTs. No boot. Monitor going to sleep after finishing verbose. Don't stuck no any errors after finishing verbose directly monitor going to sleep.

I had the same issue when I tried to update from first DP to the second and I jus let the installer run it course and after few restarts everything was back to normal.

and last night with the beta 3 update I didn't have any issues during the update but once it was done I lost signal on one of my display which I fixed it with a kexcache rebuild.

40 minutes ago, telepati said:

That’s why I stick with Sapphire GPUs