fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Just installed beta 3 and with the exception of having to reinstall my sound drivers all is well. :)

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 8.14.24 PM.png

Advertisement

Guys, quick question for you: do you have sound after sleep with Mojave? I use CodecCommander in S/L/E for that, but...doesn't seem to do anything.

10 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Guys, quick question for you: do you have sound after sleep with Mojave? I use CodecCommander in S/L/E for that, but...doesn't seem to do anything.

In the previous versions I did have sound after sleep without CodecComander I updated last night to beta 3 and haven't checked the sound after sleep yet.

In the previous versions I did have sound after sleep without CodecComander I updated last night to beta 3 and haven't checked the sound after sleep yet.

Are you using anything special for this...? Cause it never worked for me. With any version of Mojave. With or without CodecCommander. Actually, I never had sound after sleep without it.

@arsradu

Yep the sound after sleep works normally on 18A326g as well I just checked.

No I don't use anything rather than the AppleALC and Lilu with the layout-id=2 in config.plist. Darkwake isn't set to anything which was needed to be set as either 1 or 8 in Sierra and High Sierra but I don't even need that anymore.

Are you using anything special for this...? Cause it never worked for me. With any version of Mojave. With or without CodecCommander. Actually, I never had sound after sleep without it.
The newer AppleALC has wake built in. I could be wrong.

v1.2.5Implemented verb execution after wake (via WakeVerbReinit in PinConfigs), obsoletes CodecCommander in fixed resources

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[mention=1303722]arsradu[/mention]
Yep the sound after sleep works normally on 18A326g as well I just checked.
 No I don't use anything rather than the AppleALC and Lilu with the layout-id=2 in config.plist. Darkwake isn't set to anything which was needed to be set as either 1 or 8 in Sierra and High Sierra but I don't even need that anymore.
What's your audio layout in DSDT?

What's your audio layout in DSDT?

Layout id 7. I’ll try once again with the latest AppleALC and Lilu. Maybe the problem was on Apple side. I mean Mojave did have some serious Sleep issues. Maybe that affected the sound, as well.

@SavageAUS

I removed the DSDT because of a weird issue on the RX580 GPU and before I removed it I changed the layout-id from 1 to 2 in both DSDT and the config.plist

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Layout id 7. I’ll try once again with the latest AppleALC and Lilu. Maybe the problem was on Apple side. I mean Mojave did have some serious Sleep issues. Maybe that affected the sound, as well.

That's weird I never had an issue with sleep on Mojave ever.

Edited by Cyberdevs

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]
I removed the DSDT because of a weird issue on the RX580 GPU and before I removed it I changed the layout-id from 1 to 2 in both DSDT and the config.plist

That's weird I never had an issue with sleep on Mojave ever.
I've never had luck activating audio without a layout set in DSDT.

38 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Try enabling this on ur config.plist:

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>RtcHibernateAware</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

I've never had luck activating audio without a layout set in DSDT.

Send me you DSDT via PM and I'll try to fix it.

I just checked the DSDT that MaLd0n made me and the layout-id is set to 7 but before that I just changed the layout-id to 2 in my previous DSDT and it worked without any issues and as I mentioned I'm just using the layout-id=2 in config without using the DSDT and it also works.

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 1.08.09 PM.png

10 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Hack--Asus Z370 I ROG STRIX - i7 8700K - 32Gb RAM - MSI RX 560 4Gb - UHD 630 - iMac18,3 - Win10/Sierra/HS/MJ :thumbsup_anim:

Schermata 2018-07-04 alle 00.41.24.png

hack-- Clevo M68 i7 4810MQ 16Gb RAM - GTX970M - HD4600 - MacBookPro11,1 - Win7/10/ElCap/Sierra/HS/MJ :thumbsup_anim:

Which app is this ?

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Send me you DSDT via PM and I'll try to fix it.

I just checked the DSDT that MaLd0n made me and the layout-id is set to 7 but before that I just changed the layout-id to 2 in my previous DSDT and it worked without any issues and as I mentioned I'm just using the layout-id=2 in config without using the DSDT and it also works.

Oh my bad , i didnt mean my desktop, my haswell lappy is the one i cant activate audio on without a layout set it dsdt on Mojave.

5 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Oh my bad , i didnt mean my desktop, my haswell lappy is the one i cant activate audio on without a layout set it dsdt on Mojave.

Well I'm not sure about the layout-id for you laptop but does the audio work without without the DSDT and only injecting the id via config.plist? if so which layout-id is it?

Hi

Despite of very strange and unusual restart in update process: all work fine with Beta 3. Emptying trash sound effect is back with this version. :)

Capture d’écran 2018-07-04 à 12.11.47.png

Also with me with MBR-Patch on GUID the update on Beta3 went through quite normally and it was also

kept on HFS+ because installed on an SSD.

The update was done in the same way as for High Sierra 10.13.
Everything fine sound, WLAN, BT etc. ok.

Addendum: for my friend @arsradu who helped me a lot with the first Mojave installation.
The update automatically created a recovery partition in the Mojave partition, that's not cool ?!

Partitionen.png

Edited by pinarek
For arsradu to see please.

Well I'm not sure about the layout-id for you laptop but does the audio work without without the DSDT and only injecting the id via config.plist? if so which layout-id is it?

I'm using layout 4 in DSDT and 28 in config.plist to get working audio. When I recreate my DSDT without audio layout it doesn't work. I'm unsure how much I need to remove to remove the layout from DSDT.

14 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I'm using layout 4 in DSDT and 28 in config.plist to get working audio. When I recreate my DSDT without audio layout it doesn't work. I'm unsure how much I need to remove to remove the layout from DSDT.

In the DSDT search for layout-id and change it from 0x04 and change it to 0x28 and see if that helps without injecting the layout-id in the config.plist

Ok. So...weird issue.

I removed CodecCommander from S/L/E and now I have no sound at all. Funny part is that I don't have sound with HS, either. Which makes me think this is not an OS issue. It's probably kext or Clover...or God knows what.

And the sound icon IS enabled. I just don't have any actual sound. At least not with Internal Speakers (which worked perfectly fine before). Works with one of the two Line-Outs...I'm confused.

Good news is that, with Line Out, I seem to have sound after sleep. Bad news is that I have no sound with Internal Speakers.

Any idea what could cause the lack of actual sound only with Internal Speakers?

Update: Layout ID.

Edited by arsradu

update went fine, everything is working also patched Webdrivers but this time boot with black screen...beta 2 works fine with this way...anything I did wrong?

Anyone managed to use homebrew with this version of OSX???? Can't even install python@2 which dependency for 90% of other packages I use...

1943527404_Screenshot2018-07-04at16_16_09.png.3e6ee420387acd531ab601db7ed26e6c.png

Should have stayed on 10.13 :no: