fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Advertisement
12 minutes ago, zxv said:

But nowadays people get lazy and self-entitled thinking they deserve to be able to run modern software on antiques.

:thumbsdown_anim:

What being lazy has to do with running a modern software on an old material??? You really didn't understand what the purpose of hackintosh is. And what's meaning a modern software? Mojave??? C'mon dude, just be serious more than 5sec.

Like I said above, my old Core2Duo config works perfectly well under 10.13.6, but no longer under 10.14. How in the hell Mojave could be more 'modern software' than HS???  :hammer: 

Because of Dark Mode???  :hysterical:   Ok, I got it.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:43 PM, PMheart said:

Seemingly there has not been a proper USB port limit patch? Here you go. :)

kext: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
find: 83 FB 0F 0F 83 09 05 00 00
repl: 83 FB 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90

new find 83 FB 0F 0F 83 03 05 00 00

Fred

Edited by FredWst

38 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

it opens normally on mine in QuickLook and the PreviewTry this photo 

Reveal hidden contents

Well...this is really weird...

Initially, your screenshots didn't work.

Rebooted. Cleared kernelcache (though, if I'm thinking about it right now, that part might not have been necessary).

After the reboot, the screenshots you provided above, worked!

I then tried to open the initial wallpaper that I posted above. And that one STILL didn't work.

So I went back to your screenshots. And now, those don't work either!

WHAT THE...FORK!?

Update: yep, the issue is fixed after a reboot... I mean, the one with the screenshots. The initial wallpaper still doesn't work.

Edited by arsradu

27 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

It's new find, not new replace!!!  :P

Yup I know but still didn't work. I'm double checking my configs to see where did I go wrong :D

I guess I edited the wrong config. Now it's working :D I had three EFI partitions mounted and I must have edited the wrong config. :hysterical:

Edited by Cyberdevs

20 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Well...this is really weird...

Initially, your screenshots didn't work.

Rebooted. Cleared kernelcache (though, if I'm thinking about it right now, that part might not have been necessary).

After the reboot, the screenshots you provided above, worked!

I then tried to open the initial wallpaper that I posted above. And that one STILL didn't work.

So I went back to your screenshots. And now, those don't work either!

WHAT THE...FORK!?

Update: yep, the issue is fixed after a reboot... I mean, the one with the screenshots. The initial wallpaper still doesn't work.

Well that's weird, How did you clean there kernelcache? 

9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Well that's weird, How did you clean there kernelcache? 

sudo rm -R -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
reboot

But it doesn't look like a cache issue... Also, it doesn't occur with the iGPU. It only occurs with the dedicated GPU (supported OOB). And my Mac doesn't have a dedicated GPU so I can try that on it, as well. And obviously it doesn't occur with its iGPU either...

So, at this point, if only someone would have a Mac with an external GPU...to try this. To see if it's an OS issue with the external GPUs in general and some types of photos, or if it's something else.

Edited by arsradu

Upgrade to Beta 2 went smooth here. The only issue was that the update killed my audio and I had to reinstall the drivers. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 7.04.07 PM.png

Edited by In-N-Out

10 minutes ago, arsradu said:

sudo rm -R -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
reboot

But it doesn't look like a cache issue... Also, it doesn't occur with the iGPU. It only occurs with the dedicated GPU (supported OOB). And my Mac doesn't have a dedicated GPU so I can try that on it, as well. And obviously it doesn't occur with its iGPU either...

So, at this point, if only someone would have a Mac with an external GPU...to try this. To see if it's an OS issue with the external GPUs in general and some types of photos, or if it's something else.

try the nvram, kextcache cleaner  in my signature and see if that helps.

4 minutes ago, In-N-Out said:

Upgrade to Beta 2 went smooth here. The only issue was that the update killed my audio and I had to reinstall the drivers. 

No issues with sound here... But I'm using AppleALC ( + Lilu), no custom DSDT, no patched AppleHDA.

I'm no longer able to reach 10.14 Beta 2 Desktop, on login screen I just get repeated verbose logs like these (SS). I remember on Sierra 2 years back, this could happened when got problem with SkyLight.framework or even worse, windowserver denied to load. Ha haa, my fermi graphics limitation.. But I'll try again with clean install to make sure.

#EDIT: But I'm able to get the Desktop with a horror bootarg: nv_disable=1

IMG_20180620_040242.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus

ok tested all my games and yup beta 2 has gfx stutter galore its a shame cause my game speed got faster 

22 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

try the nvram, kextcache cleaner  in my signature and see if that helps.

Well...it didn't make a difference to me. Same issue. Screenshots work, that wallpaper (and others) don't. One thing that it did do, is make me temporarily lose sound. :)) But I got it back after the reboot. So that's fine now. But unfortunately, no difference on the actual issue.

Edited by arsradu