fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, jasegti said:

So 99% of the posts I have read have been about the sound in general. I updated my test rig and everything but the graphics was fine, I run a USB sound bar on my Dell monitor.

I have a GTX 1060 OC which is showing up and also showing the memory however there is a lot of tearing and crappy lagging so I assuming acceleration is not yet working.

Is this just a case of waiting for Nvidia to release some updated drivers that are compatible with Mojave ??

The same goes here and probably with all the graphics that depend on Web Driver! We still have to wait for the launch of the appropriate Nvidia Web :yes:

Advertisement

5 hours ago, Fergarth said:

The same goes here and probably with all the graphics that depend on Web Driver! We still have to wait for the launch of the appropriate Nvidia Web :yes:

it has been my observation that if you are running a Hack that can accelerate the GFX (Example my GTX 660) you get tearing, when you switch to a non accelerated card like my 750 TI then you don't have the tearing but you don't have GFX acceleration. it leads me to believe that they have not finished the GFX primary HAL for any of the Nvidia cards. this being Beta 1 give them time, I am sure that the Acceleration will come.  

HBP

DON"T Mind This Post, I Fixed It!

I was missing IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext.

Guys,

Has anyone succeeded with installing Mojave with iGPU (Intel HD530) and RX 580 active at the same time?

I recently enabled my iGPU to test if I can fix the menu's transparency and did a clean install but once the macOS is installed and boots up I get black screen. I can hear the voice over but both displays are black.

I tested with and without IntelGraphicsFixUp,WhateverGreen and -lilubetaall.

macOS High Sierra doesn't have the same issue and everything works perfectly normal.

Thanks for your precious input in advance.

Edited by Cyberdevs

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Guys,

Has anyone succeeded with installing Mojave with iGPU (Intel HD530) and RX 580 active at the same time?

I recently enabled my iGPU to test if I can fix the menu's transparency and did a clean install but once the macOS is installed and boots up I get black screen. I can hear the voice over but both displays are black.

macOS High Sierra doesn't have the same issue and everything works perfectly normal.

I don't know if this Kext to Patch is still working under 10.14, but you may try?

Spoiler

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Disable board-id check to prevent no signal (c) lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ugUAAAA=
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.14</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ugAAAAA=
				</data>
			</dict>

2 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

I don't know if this Kext to Patch is still working under 10.14, but you may try?

Hide contents

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Disable board-id check to prevent no signal (c) lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ugUAAAA=
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.14</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ugAAAAA=
				</data>
			</dict>

Thanks man but I already have this patch active and it didn't work either. I tested also with and without this patch with the same result.

6 hours ago, Fergarth said:

How if Metal support is disabled using NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext with "ngfxgl=1 -ngfxbeta" boot-arg.. a same tearing issue?

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext_v1.2.7.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

43 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

DON"T Mind This Post, I Fixed It!

I was missing IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext.

Guys,

i have a similar hardware but serie 300, i don't use nvidia fix, whatevergreen, is a ful DSDT patch with only essentials kexts, without any SSDT OEM dependencies, the hack is perfect

check

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&amp;t=6428

18 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

i have a similar hardware but serie 300, i don't use nvidia fix, whatevergreen, is a ful DSDT patch with only essentials kexts, without any SSDT OEM dependencies, the hack is perfect

check

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&amp;t=6428

I don't use the GPU related kexts either but to check the transparency issue I was using WhateverGreen and IntelGraphicsFixUp but they didn't help.

I also get several errors during boot using the latest DSDT that you Kindly provided for my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 I just had to change the audio Layout-ID from 0x01 to 0x02

7 hours ago, Fergarth said:

2 hours ago, HBP said:

it has been my observation that if you are running a Hack that can accelerate the GFX (Example my GTX 660) you get tearing, when you switch to a non accelerated card like my 750 TI then you don't have the tearing but you don't have GFX acceleration. it leads me to believe that they have not finished the GFX primary HAL for any of the Nvidia cards. this being Beta 1 give them time, I am sure that the Acceleration will come.  

HBP

I thought as much thanks for confirming that, Quite happy just to wait until release and everything gets ironed out but also good just to have a play around with it.

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Fresh install or upgrade? What does Verbose output say?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was a fresh install.Which verbose output,clover or install log?

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I also get several errors during boot using the latest DSDT that you Kindly provided for my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 I just had to change the audio Layout-ID from 0x01 to 0x02

I didn't notice any issues but ill have a look on my system.

6 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

I don't use the GPU related kexts either but to check the transparency issue I was using WhateverGreen and IntelGraphicsFixUp but they didn't help.

post one dump, send me via PM

http://olarila.com/files/Utils/RunMe.app.zip

same files for el capo,. sierra, high sierra and mojave

if it is not showing up on your USB devices then you might need new USB port limit patch for 10.14

8 hours ago, maximmurmansk said:

Guys, may be anyone knows why my bluetooth M.2: BCM94352Z not working in 10.14?

@Cyberdevs Today I installed Mojave on my Surface Pro and HP Probook, both using the integrated Intel HD 4000 and both systems don't have the transparency issue

Hi ricoc, and what is the secret in plist to getting the installation through to the end in the notebook? In my Lenovo Skylake, Intel 520 GPU, the upgrade starts, but always at the end of a time ends with a reeboot (KP)... :(

14 minutes ago, Fergarth said:

Hi ricoc, and what is the secret in plist to getting the installation through to the end in the notebook? In my Lenovo Skylake, Intel 520 GPU, the upgrade starts, but always at the end of a time ends with a reeboot (KP)... :(

Not sure; On all my machines I didn't had to do anything special. I just disabled Lilu + plugins during install because they'd cause a KP.

Guys, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't complete my new installation at all.

I create installer USB from Windows with this guide:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329828-making-a-bootable-high-sierra-usb-installer-entirely-from-scratch-in-windows-or-linux-mint-without-access-to-mac-or-app-store-installerapp/

I use this EFI folder:

https://www.hackintosh.zone/file/1060-hackintosh-mojave-clover-efi-folder/

Installer starts without problems, with disk utility I format my drive, then format the Volume too, start Installation, everithing works ok, after restart I boot installation from the HDD, after everything is installed PC restarts, boot to USB and Clover not recognize my drive anymore, only installer from the USB. What I'm doing wrong?

39 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Guys, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't complete my new installation at all.

I create installer USB from Windows with this guide:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329828-making-a-bootable-high-sierra-usb-installer-entirely-from-scratch-in-windows-or-linux-mint-without-access-to-mac-or-app-store-installerapp/

I use this EFI folder:

https://www.hackintosh.zone/file/1060-hackintosh-mojave-clover-efi-folder/

Installer starts without problems, with disk utility I format my drive, then format the Volume too, start Installation, everithing works ok, after restart I boot installation from the HDD, after everything is installed PC restarts, boot to USB and Clover not recognize my drive anymore, only installer from the USB. What I'm doing wrong?

Do you have apfs.efi installed in Clover?  That might help.

1 minute ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Yes, It's in drivers64UEFI folder.

Are you sure you are booting via UEFI?  If not sure, add it to drivers64 as well.

20 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Are you sure you are booting via UEFI?  If not sure, add it to drivers64 as well.

Thank you! This solved my problem!

Still can't complete the installation because PC reboots after grey screen with mouse cursor, but I'll try to fix it, if not I'll wait for the next beta.

3 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Not sure; On all my machines I didn't had to do anything special. I just disabled Lilu + plugins during install because they'd cause a KP.

Hummm... ;)

In X99 I did not have to do this or disable anything! I upgraded directly to 13.6 and that's it! But in the notebook, I've made several attempts and always end up with KP... I'm going to try to upgrade without Lilu ;)

Edited by Fergarth

4 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

@Cyberdevs Today I installed Mojave on my Surface Pro and HP Probook, both using the integrated Intel HD 4000 and both systems don't have the transparency issue

Unfortunately I still have the same issue with my SkyLake rig with iGPU and RX580. I wonder why!

With the help of the maestro @MaLd0n the transparency issue is resolved :)

Thanks a lot MaLd0n!

Edited by Cyberdevs