fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Here they are, 

When I erase the Mojave disk the other partitions remain ... no Mather what I do...

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 11.18.45.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 11.18.22.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 11.17.52.png

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Here they are, 

When I erase the Mojave disk the other partitions remain ... no Mather what I do...

What did you expect? :))) The macOS Mojave partition has been successfully removed and recreated, as the message says. Nothing else to do here.

The name will be kept! It's perfectly normal.

Also, please, do one thing for me: in Disk Utility, go to View and check Show All Devices so we can see which partition belongs to which drive.

1774225678_ScreenShot2018-06-14at13_26_41.png.55b0f36f38f0d49b4029ce6390831b55.png

Edited by arsradu

but the other partitions remain... the HIGH SIERRA and UNTITLED remain ... 

and when I install of Mojave they remain and that is the problem...

Edited by MorenoAv

5 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

but the other partitions remain... the HIGH SIERRA and UNTITLED remain ... 

and when I install of Mojave they remain and that is the problem...

That is definitely NOT a problem. :)) It's perfectly normal.

IF (although I'm not sure why would you want that) you want to remove the partition itself and not the content ON the partition, you need to do it using the Partition option.

Again, I'm not sure why would you want that. Since you will need to recreate that partition later on, anyway. :) But, if you don't want to have a MacOS Mojave partition at all on your drive, that's the place you need to do it from.

Edited by arsradu

Here they are

the macOs Mojave is the usb installer...

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 11.31.25.png

Edited by MorenoAv

I found out and succeed already, in the list is the CT240Bx, and that is the disk that erased all the partitions... solved at last

Now I'm going to install Mojave again...

Edited by MorenoAv

8 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Here they are

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 11.31.25.png

Ok, now it's a lot clearer which partition belongs to which drive.

Your CT240BX... drive holds all the partitions you (probably) want to get rid of.

So, the way you would proceed here is clicking CT240BX... (since that's your physical drive) and then clicking Particionar.

This will allow you to see which partitions you want to keep/remove and also repartition that space for something else.

Should look something like this.

2088838387_ScreenShot2018-06-14at13_37_26.png.97a9f5ff179a1ef84113fd515ca7b9e2.png

I'm assuming, in this case, you would want to merge the partitions on that drive into a single one. Which you can do after you get rid of the extra partitions (the ones you don't want to keep anymore).

2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I found out and succeed already, in the list is the CT240Bx, and that is the disk that erased all the partitions... solved at last

There you go. Good job. That's how you do it.

Edited by arsradu

Thanks man for all your help ...
My fingers are crossed for you. Good luck, hope you succeed in installation and getting audio to work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, arsradu said:

So, not the same thing. For now, CCC seems like the best bet to get Mojave on that specific partition. And we can hope that Apple will fix the issue with the installer, in case this is really an issue with the installer, and not some weird combo issue between Clover and the Mojave installer.

You won't believe this, but even booting from an external harddrive gives the same issue; it looks for the files on the High Sierra partition. I did notice now however that it notices an "automation cookie" that links to the /macOS Install Data files/ folder. However, it is mentioning it twice, both pointing to different UUIDs (assuming that one is the external hdd and the other one my High Sierra SSD), so I guess that the issue lays there. However, I have no clue about where these are located. Clearing NVRAM didn't do it...

Jun 14 10:31:34 iMac OSInstaller[601]: Found automation hint cookie. Will use URL: x-osproduct://27FCFDE8-D014-3F74-A54C-5875B61758F6/macOS%20Install%20Data
Jun 14 10:31:34 iMac OSInstaller[601]: Found automation hint cookie. Will use URL: x-osproduct://3C81FB05-C1D4-4B7E-8D83-7D39C34EA8F4/macOS%20Install%20Data
Jun 14 10:31:34 iMac OSInstaller[601]: Failed to locate product at /Volumes/High Sierra SSD/macOS Install Data

Thanks SavageAUS, 

I hope so, that this time all works at first try... 

Thanks SavageAUS, 

First time...? I don’t know. But keep it clean! And, step by step, we might actually get it to work.
Don’t rush! Don’t. Rush!
This is not a contest of who gets it done the quickest.

So, my problem is solved. Apparently the update to 10.13.6 dp 2 left Some dirt behind that interferred with the Mojave install. 

11 hours ago, Fergarth said:

Once again, thank you PMheart! I tested but I still have something missing! It has gone from maximum frequency to just idle! ...

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 00.38.06.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 00.50.58.png

Try other sets of FrequencyVectors. Find one best fits you. ;)

17 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

So, my problem is solved. Apparently the update to 10.13.6 dp 2 left Some dirt behind that interferred with the Mojave install. 

I was about to suggest you exactly that. :)) Since it sounded like it's got some "unfinished business". LOL

Glad you got it working, man!

Thanks SavageAUS, 
Rome wasn't built in a day. Do a fresh vanilla install with only what's needed to install then tackle one thing at a time slowly from most important to least. Keep track of what you do and any changes you make so you can revert them easily. Backup often when things are working correctly.
The people here are great and supportive, not to mention helpful.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indeed. Please, do not add ANYTHING related to sound yet. Especially patches. Also, once installed, DO make a copy of your AppleHDA.kext somewhere on your computer.

And, as SavageAUS said (I couldn't have said it any better myself): 

Keep track of what you do and any changes you make so you can revert them easily. Backup often when things are working correctly.

Perfect.

Mojave runs fine on my Optiplex 790, however I'm having issues with light mode. The menu bar and other "overlay" items don't have any transparency, they're just plain grey. Anyone else with this issue? The dock and side panel are okay. Nvidia GT 710 with metal support

aCykK4s.png

1 minute ago, ricoc90 said:

Mojave runs fine on my Optiplex 790, however I'm having issues with light mode. The menu bar and other "overlay" items don't have any transparency, they're just plain grey. Anyone else with this issue? The dock and side panel are okay. Nvidia GT 710 with metal support

Actually...no... I'm not sure, is the GT 710 supported OOB with Apple's video driver? Do you have acceleration and everything? It's clearly a GPU or driver issue. But no, I can't say I've seen that before.

I do not know why people want to get me wrong here in any way as I have seen, and talking about order or ROM while we are in the third day of helping the MAN. We all here are for helping, only one person here that said the trick is @In-N-Out, and I started to follow hes thing and reading the IOREG and diskutil and the files that I sent, this helped me the find the problem of @MorenoAv. So I think the solution is here, also he don't need to format the partition but the entire drive as I said, he need to click on that DRIVE and simply click after on format, the screenshot of Pavo already mentioned it. it's simple like that:

Erase.png.b110094459dca77911779470abe9d5e7.png

Please you tired me to much with that obvious thinking bad about me, start having good thinking before the bad, start understanding before, this is so bad and makes me sick, why just for searching for a help! So bad feeling now. The first started to many run me, and didn't see the trick, and he kicked me by words, the second one came also, and did same thing, and SavageAUS also just kicking by words. So tell me who find that solution starting from the first post until the last, two of us, and you still continue. Yes I feel so sick in my heart now with these words, because I search for a solution?

Anyway, I'll say good word, thanks

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Actually...no... I'm not sure, is the GT 710 supported OOB with Apple's video driver? Do you have acceleration and everything? It's clearly a GPU or driver issue. But no, I can't say I've seen that before.

Yep. It is supported OOB. Everything works normal, other than the mentioned issues

hi guys don't argue because of me... my problem is really strange, but possibly have a solution, if not I have an perfectly working high Sierra and stick with it... until new betas from Mojave or until final release if needed be... 

All opinions are valid, and the sum of all make great leaps forward...

Edited by MorenoAv

8 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

New installation of Mojave, and the saga continues, no sound and no audio devices... with alc 1.2.8 lilu and -lilubetaall flags...

Send me iMac-de-AC.lan.zip

I guess we're working on the old config, right? Cause the new one had other ACPI patches. Anyway...ok, we'll try to work with this one.

I'll come back with an update on your config soon. Please, DO NOT touch anything.

Nope I don't touch anything until you came back.

The other one caused too many KP's that I opted to star with my old one...