fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Here are the files...

iMac de AC.zip

diskutil list.rtf

My MAN, you have one SSD that have Mojave, High Sierra and Windows as I have seen. If I'm not wrong or saying mistake, the windows efi partition have clover on it and the ESP also have it.

I do not know if you can do that, but you will have to format the entire SSD, this will be the real clean install. Because another time the patches doesn't take effect. This ssd have to be formatted from the start to the end.

The problem is that I can't erase that damn partitions. In disk utility that tiny partitions are greyed out with an * and I can't erase them... I tried time and time again... 

Edited by MorenoAv

The main problem of MorenoAV is the HDEF injection, that is why the Devices under System Profiler>Audio is empty.

AppleALC has nothing to do with it yet untill HDEF is injected properly. No layout # can fix this too.

and how we inject HDEF properly ellaosx?

But that is an subject for tomorrow, or for latter, that in here are 01:43 AM

Until tomorrow or latter to all...

And thanks

Edited by MorenoAv

17 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

The problem is that I can't erase that damn partitions. In disk utility that tiny partitions are greyed out with an * and I can't erase them... I tried time and time again... 

2 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

The main problem of MorenoAV is the HDEF injection, that is why the Devices under System Profiler>Audio is empty.

AppleALC has nothing to do with it yet untill HDEF is injected properly. No layout # can fix this too.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, just look at the config plist I've uploaded, then compare it with the two Jorge dumps. The efi partition aren't loaded at all. look again on the diskutil list, you'll find that he have 3 oss installed on one drive, the things are not properly working.

Boot into the USB, to do that, simply go to the bios settings click on boot override from that USB, once on installer screen, use disk utility and select the entire drive not partitions select the drive name, it will have SSD on it, format it  and install again, install on another partition that you can create High Sierra, and in the last step, you can create another partition to install windows on it

37 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

eject/umount target
diskutil apfs deleteContainer disk#

38 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

and how we inject HDEF properly ellaosx?

But that is an subject for tomorrow, or for latter, that in here are 01:43 AM

Until tomorrow or latter to all...

And thanks

Boot from installer USB, booting into the Install MacOS and use Disk Utility, when in Disk Utility, click View all devices and select the disk and not the partitions, click erase.

T65PcHi.png

bGMKcjS.png

ok, still getting tearing, but much less after disablenvidia. and News and other new apps are functional without the tearing.

HBP

7 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

ok, I have switched Cards, and disabled Nvidia Injection. now I have no Tearing, but I have no Acceleration or second monitor.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that they have not completed the Nvidia Kernel acceleration features in Beta 1.

took one more shot at it and have Basic Acceleration with 10.13.5 Web Drivers!!!

Untitled.png.bdb51eef1fb31979dc363375e7a303ca.png

1408807790_Untitled2.png.aac4c26b7672cde1695cdd39c4722b79.png

got it running and saw that it will run well on my system, time to wait for the next Beta release and see if it has better driver support.

a BIG thanks to everyone who has helped with this project. :thumbsup_anim::stretcher::robot::thanks_speechbubble:

HBP 

Edited by HBP

5 hours ago, Fergarth said:

Once again, thank you PMheart! I tested but I still have something missing! It has gone from maximum frequency to just idle! ...

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 00.38.06.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 00.50.58.png

try this its work well

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334308-pre-release-macos-mojave/?do=findComment&comment=2619094

Guys, sorry, but I can't work like this. I can't start something, in an organised fashion, with a minimalistic config so we can debug it easily, and then have someone else mess with everything again. Nothing good will come from chaos.

I'm done here. Wish you good luck.

I just wanna say one thing: sound works PERFECTLY on ALC892 using AppleALC kext, in Mojave. Apple didn't drop support for anything. This is a setup issue. And it's probably caused by messing with AppleHDA, custom SSDTs and config.

If you wanna do it this way, you'll have to do it alone.

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Guys, sorry, but I can't work like this. I can't start something, in an organised fashion, with a minimalistic config so we can debug it easily, and then have someone else mess with everything again. Nothing good will come from chaos.

I'm done here. Wish you good luck.

I just wanna say one thing: sound works PERFECTLY on ALC892 using AppleALC kext, in Mojave. Apple didn't drop support for anything. This is a setup issue. And it's probably caused by messing with AppleHDA, custom SSDTs and config.

If you wanna do it this way, you'll have to do it alone.

You need to shill first sorry,

You have to look at the previous post when I said to him to try all the layout-ids from the config plist you made, no one worked, waiting your comment, you wasn't here, so I said to him to do a backup of that efi, then tried other things. don't be like that, but you have to read the entire steps until the last, to know what is he's problem.

The last thing that i can say, ALC887 didn't worked for me also, I just come back from the testing of my desktop, and no I confirm that it doesn't worked for me also. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but i'll test with clover today, but even with your config it doesn't worked, and patches from config also doesn't worked, this mean that efi partition of that Mojave doesn't get loaded at all, just to let you understand.

But now look here:

On 6/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, In-N-Out said:

Ok guys, excuse me since I haven't been closely following MorenoAv's plight with getting his video going but I'd like to ask him a question. MorenoAv, do you by any chance have multiple EFI partitions on your system? If so, is it possible you're applying this edits to the wrong one? Sorry if this info has already been confirmed etc... Sometimes it is the most obvious things that we over look. 

After that, take a look at the ioreg, the diskutil list, you'll know really what's the problem. 

I was tired until I didn't get the good words in the last post, and @Pavo posted the thing I meant, this is why I reacted to he's post, I'm now so tired and I'll go sleep, because breaking my head here and with my board, so my brain was divided into two parts here and there, with too many things.

7 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

you have to erase all the apfs disck container partition, in disk utility click on the button that says view under it, then choose show all devices and partitions and then you will be able to see the whole apfs disk container and erase it complitely

After that, take a look at the ioreg, the diskutil list, you'll know really what's the problem. 

I was tired until I didn't get the good words in the last post, and [mention=685502]Pavo[/mention] posted the thing I meant, this is why I reacted to he's post, I'm now so tired and I'll go sleep, because breaking my head here and with my board, so my brain was divided into two parts here and there, with too many things.
I can't be here 24/7. We have different timezones and I need sleep, too.
What you guys need in this case is one thing and one thing only: order.

Start fresh, start small, build from there. One step at a time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm having a very weird issue here. I partitioned my SSD in order to install the Mojave beta. Partition 1 contains High Sierra, Partition 2 is meant for Mojave. Whenever I run the Mojave installer, it fails due to the fact that it can't find the installation files, because the installer looks for them in the High Sierra partition rather than the Mojave partition. 

Any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

I'm having a very weird issue here. I partitioned my SSD in order to install the Mojave beta. Partition 1 contains High Sierra, Partition 2 is meant for Mojave. Whenever I run the Mojave installer, it fails due to the fact that it can't find the installation files, because the installer looks for them in the High Sierra partition rather than the Mojave partition. 

Any thoughts?

Hmmm.. That is interesting. Doesn't it occur with High Sierra installer, as well (trying to put it on the second partition, as well)? I'm thinking maybe this is something for Clover to deal with... I could be very wrong though. 

The reason why I'm saying this is because I did have two OS-es on my MBP before. And obviously the same SSD. Actually now I have three. :)) And I never had this issue before. Which means that it's probably not the installer that fails here.

Edited by arsradu

12 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Any thoughts?

I know that arsadu gave some excellent advice in the preceding post and it's a great idea to start fresh, but as a dirty workaround you could CCC the HS install to your 2nd partition and then upgrade either of them to Mojave.

Or do a fresh install to an external temp drive and CCC it to the partition.

Or, given arasdus last comment, do a fresh HS install on the partition then upgrade it to Mojave.

Edited by surfinchina

1 minute ago, surfinchina said:

I know that arsadu gave some excellent advice in the preceding post and it's a great idea to start fresh, but as a dirty workaround you could CCC the HS install to your 2nd partition and then upgrade either of them to Mojave.

Or do a fresh install to an external temp drive and CCC it to the partition.

Hmm...never thought of that. :))) Carbon Copy Cloner is an excellent tool indeed. Never though I'd use it for something like this.

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hmm...never thought of that. :))) Carbon Copy Cloner is an excellent tool indeed. Never though I'd use it for something like this.

It does pay to run a super vanilla OS x for this (no kexts outside of the clover other kexts stash and no kext patches in clover - like your recommendations of before). the upgrade will keep any non apple kexts in the S/L/E.

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Hmmm.. That is interesting. Doesn't it occur with High Sierra installer, as well (trying to put it on the second partition, as well)? I'm thinking maybe this is something for Clover to deal with... I could be very wrong though. 

The reason why I'm saying this is because I did have two OS-es on my MBP before. And obviously the same SSD. Actually now I have three. :)) And I never had this issue before. Which means that it's probably not the installer that fails here.

I've ran Sierra and the High Sierra betas alongside eachother before without issues. This is the first time I've ran into this problem.
If it would be due to Clover, would I be able to boot the Mojave installer then? Because that is the strange thing; The installer itself is on the Mojave partition and boots fine; though it looks in the High Sierra partition for the installation files itself. However, the same issue occurs when I boot the installer from USB. 

Spoiler

7XE6vxP.png

I'll look what happens when I install High Sierra on it though. However, I expect that if that succeeds, I'll get the same issue when I try to upgrade it to Mojave (since the process will be exactly the same then). 
I indeed think my best bet is to CCC Mojave to that partition

Edit: High Sierra installs fine on that partition 

Edit 2: Mojave install fails again for the same reason; it looks at the first partition for its files

Edited by ricoc90

Hi guys good morning here I am, and tried to follow suggestions of ellaosx, and Pavo to erase my disk and neither work as you can see below.In the second picture if you can't see the erase is grayed ...

Now I know why, I can't erase a volume that I boot from... I'm going to boot from my high Sierra ssd and try to erase and install Mojave again...

booting from my high Sierra disk and see what happens when I erase the Mojave disk...I erase it but the partitions remain intact... 

attempt to erase disk.rtf

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 10.40.49.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 11.01.14.png

Edited by MorenoAv

38 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

I've ran Sierra and the High Sierra betas alongside eachother before without issues. This is the first time I've ran into this problem.
If it would be due to Clover, would I be able to boot the Mojave installer then? Because that is the strange thing; The installer itself is on the Mojave partition and boots fine; though it looks in the High Sierra partition for the installation files itself. However, the same issue occurs when I boot the installer from USB. 

Reveal hidden contents

7XE6vxP.png

I'll look what happens when I install High Sierra on it though. However, I expect that if that succeeds, I'll get the same issue when I try to upgrade it to Mojave (since the process will be exactly the same then). 
I indeed think my best bet is to CCC Mojave to that partition

Edit: High Sierra installs fine on that partition 

Well, if High Sierra installs fine on the same partition, then this looks like a Mojave installer issue. I personally didn't have any issues with the installer so far. BUT, two things are different here:
1. I tried Mojave on my MBP, so no Clover there. 

2. On the hack, I only have one OS partition per drive.

So, not the same thing. For now, CCC seems like the best bet to get Mojave on that specific partition. And we can hope that Apple will fix the issue with the installer, in case this is really an issue with the installer, and not some weird combo issue between Clover and the Mojave installer.

24 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys good morning here I am, and tried to follow suggestions of ellaosx, and Pavo to erase my disk and neither work as you can see below.In the second picture if you can't see the erase is grayed ...

Now I know why, I can't erase a volume that I boot from... I'm going to boot from my high Sierra ssd and try to erase and install Mojave again...

attempt to erase disk.rtf

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-14, às 10.40.49.png

If you're trying to format the partition you're currently booted from, it's not gonna work. You need to do this from High Sierra OR a USB drive. I think it might work from Recovery, as well. Point is, the Disk Utility app needs to be invoked from OUTSIDE the OS you're trying to delete.

Edited by arsradu

hi arsradu,

I figured that and now I'm in my 10.13.x disk and can't erase that damn partitions...

4 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

hi arsradu,

I figured that and now I'm in my 10.13.x disk and can't erase that damn partitions...

Could you please, post a screenshot with the error you get trying to remove the macOS Mojave partition from High Sierra?

Maybe it needs to be unmounted first. You could try that too.

Edited by arsradu