fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Advertisement
18 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Yep, i agree with you. But to rollback in that actual situation and to have it working, three things should be present: #HDEF=>"layout-id", with favorite one 1, 2, 3 or another #AppleALC1.2.6 or 7 #AppleHDA10.13.#. 

And yes in each OSUpdate need reinstall the AppleHDA. Three things worked for me to get sound working:

1- VoodooHDA but as i said in the previous posts Guitar Rig don't work with it

2- Rolling Back as i said above, this was a suggestion from a user in the AppleALC topic, didn't remember the guy

3- You compiled version of AppleALC v2 with the @Pavo suggestion to change "layout-id", with "alc-layout-id",

Now i use method number 3, but all of them worked.

We are all in testing purpose, each one choose what is convenient for him, but for me i prefer to test all the things, so i'll have my proper opinion, to have more flexibility when doing help like others. I'm tester, and i'd love to test everything about Hackintosh if i can, but i can't because i have to read the entire insanelymac topics :hysterical:, this will be difficult, but i do the better i can ^_^  

I listen from who accept my words, so the change of the informations will be smooth, and time will be appreciated, i don't like shark words.

The point of AppleALC is that, as the name suggests, it's dynamic. And for as far as I know, it doesn't care about the Layout ID in Clover config, since it's most likely not gonna use it anyway. :)

Edited by arsradu

10 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I din't touch the bios before installation, of Mojave...

here it goes the boot.log, I hope its this...

Boot.log.rtf.zip

No, i mean in the bios settings, enable only the OS Drive that you'll boot from, because each OS drive have it's own EFI partition, and if for example you have two OS drives, if you want to boot from SATA1, you have to know that SATA0 will be as the first bootable, so this is the interferences that I'm talking about and friends also. The point here, is to enable only the OS drive that you want to boot from, in that case no interferences will be with between EFI partitions.

Use that clover folder and enable only Mojave drive from bios and tell us if the sound will work 

CLOVER.zip

11 minutes ago, arsradu said:

The point of AppleALC is that, as the name suggests, it's dynamic. And for as far as I know, it doesn't care about the Layout ID in Clover config, since it's most likely not gonna use it anyway. :)

Yep for sure, i don't use the clover layout id only SSDT or DSDT, but it's clear for me, thanks @arsradu , i appreciate your infos :)

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi In-N-Out,

I am not, I only have one partition, in each ssd ... in one I have High Sierra 10.13.6 beta 2, and in this one I have only Mojave... but I send my EFI folder for you all to see...

but after I want to talk to strangest thing that happened in my all time with hackintosh, this time I installed 6 kexts in my usb installer, and after install clover boot loader I have all my kexts from my 10.13.6 in this fresh install... without installing any kexts.

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-13, às 14.14.05 Usb Installer.zip

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-13, às 14.19.14 after installation.zip

Diskutil List.zip

CLOVER.zip

Hi man,

Clover config still uses patches for 10.13. And, if I got this right, the AppleHDA is not the original one in Mojave anymore either.

So here's what I would suggest:

1. let's make a backup of your current config anywhere you want. You can just rename it config_bkp.plist, if you want.

2. let's generate you a fresh new config.plist. You can do that with Clover Configurator. It has an option to generate a new config.plist. There are a few things in your config that I'm not sure should be there.

3. AppleALC.kext is version 1.2.8, so that's good. Let's keep it this way.

4. Do you have a way to get back the original/vanilla AppleHDA.kext from 10.14? If not, maybe I can try to provide it later on. I think you can also extract it with Pacifist from a 10.14 app. But if you're not sure how to do it, better not do it.

5. Please, make a backup then remove the DSDT.aml from Clover/ACPI/Patched.

6. If you formatted only the OS partition before installation, and not the entire SSD, the EFI (with whatever content was there), will be kept.

For example, if you have two SSDs, both with Clover installed on them. And one day, you decide that you want to put a new OS on one of them, and you only format the OS partition, and not the entire HDD/SSD, Clover will be kept on the destination drive, since that part is not formatted during installation.

Anyway, if the hardware is the same, which means the same ALC892, you don't need patches in Clover config anyway (for HDMI audio you might....but for analog audio, I don't think so). So the point here is for you to have the same Clover folder on all partitions. ONCE you get it done and working on one of them. Since I see no reason to keep them separate. If you were able to boot High Sierra 10.13.6, you should be fine with the same config (with AppleALC 1.2.8 though, since 1.2.6 doesn't work for Mojave, with the default AppleHDA kext that you get with 10.14).

So, what you have right now in your Clover/kext folder is ok for sound with Mojave. And actually for sound with any other version. So you can keep that as default.

What is probably not ok in your case, is the config.plist, and probably the AppleHDA.kext itself. That's why I suggested a new config, and also putting back the AppleHDA from 10.14 (the default one, untouched).

By the way, you can simply copy-paste THIS Clover folder that you attached here (once we make it work), to the USB drive, as well. I see you're not using Lilu and AppleALC there.

But, right now, let's focus on getting the SSD with Mojave on it, to boot and have sound. After that, you can copy-paste it on the other drives, as well.

So, from now on, please, make sure you are booting from the correct drive. Make sure you are selecting the right DRIVE on boot.

If I remember correctly, Gigabyte boards have the boot menu on F12 upon boot. Right?

So, press F12 upon boot and make sure the drive you select IS the one using THIS Clover folder that you posted here. It's really important that you boot from that drive. Clover UI will most likely look the same. So you need to make sure you select the correct SSD to boot from, before you select the partition (in this case the Mojave partition) on Clover UI. Otherwise, no magic for you.

Also, if you still have the USB drive inserted, please, remove it and boot from the SSD.

And, as I said, let's try a fresh config & the original AppleHDA from 10.14.

Edited by arsradu

20 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Yep for sure, i don't use the clover layout id only SSDT or DSDT, but it's clear for me, thanks @arsradu , i appreciate your infos :)

Yep yep. On the other side, I had pretty bad results with SSDT/DSDT... :D So I personally try to avoid that as much as possible. :))) I had a lot of issues with custom DSDTs (like MorenoAv seems to be using).

I do all my patches with Clover config, as much as possible. That's it. And I try to keep everything as clean as possible, because, sometimes, too many options create issues, too.

Hi ammoune78, arsradu,

First I don't have sound yet with your suggestion but your clover works, but I can't make the changes in bios because I have so many entries in the bios that is impossible to distinguish them from one to another.

As you know our motherboards are prone to this error.

arsradu now I know why the clover trick, but I haven't succeed in erasing all my ssd an I don't know why... this ssd is originally to install windows 10, but I haven't succeed to make it work and then as a backup to my 10.13.x, but after Mojave is out I decided to try it and was easy to install, but I have all this troubles...

30 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

The Original Mojave AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Thank you. That's what I call teamwork.

@MorenoAv

Now, THIS AppleHDA.kext need to get its way back into S/L/E, in Mojave. You can probably use some Kext apps for this.

But the way I like to do it though, is from Terminal, using this command. This way you don't need to repair any permissions.

Assuming you downloaded it and unpacked it on your Desktop. If not, either move it to Desktop, or adjust the command below to point to the right location

cd Desktop
sudo -s
[password]
cp -R -v AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Edited by arsradu

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yep yep. On the other side, I had pretty bad results with SSDT/DSDT... :D So I personally try to avoid that as much as possible. :))) I had a lot of issues with custom DSDTs (like MorenoAv seems to be using).

I do all my patches with Clover config, as much as possible. That's it. And I try to keep everything as clean as possible, because, sometimes, too many options create issues, too.

So if I'm right i guess, you patch AppleHDA from clover kexttopatch and don't use clover=>devices=>audio and SSDT/DSDT!

The DSDT on the patched folder is from MaLdOn, he know what he do there's no doubt! The only thing that was missed is HDEF=>_DSM.

I and like MaLdOn, prefer DSDT patch, this is all in on place, for every OS, but yes, do not have to make mistake there, because as you said, it will make issues.

10 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi ammoune78, arsradu,

First I don't have sound yet with your suggestion but your clover works, but I can't make the changes in bios because I have so many entries in the bios that is impossible to distinguish them from one to another.

As you know our motherboards are prone to this error.

arsradu now I know why the clover trick, but I haven't succeed in erasing all my ssd an I don't know why... this ssd is originally to install windows 10, but I haven't succeed to make it work and then as a backup to my 10.13.x, but after Mojave is out I decided to try it and was easy to install, but I have all this troubles...

In the bios menu of your gigabyte board press F2 then it'll switch to another mode, from there, make sure in the device submenu you go in SATA, then enable only the drive that have Mojave on it. Another thing is to use UEFI OROM for all only, that said you will have only UEFI drives shown. Then save that profile, and make this for all OS drives and save each one separately, then when you need to start some of these profiles just enter bios settings press F4 and select the profile you want from the list 

This is  the result of the installation os the HDA kext...

Treminal Install AppleHDA.kext.rtf

Yep that SSDT is from MaLd0n, it was him that helped me to with some problems in my 10.13 installation...

Edited by MorenoAv

Its done... appleHDA.kext installed 

and now I'm going to make a fresh config.plist, without hdmi patches in it...

Edited by MorenoAv

6 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Its done... appleHDA.kext installed 

Good. Now we need to fix the remaining 99.99999 problems in my previous post.

22 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

So if I'm right i guess, you patch AppleHDA from clover kexttopatch and don't use clover=>devices=>audio and SSDT/DSDT!

Well, believe it or not, I don't use any kind of KextsToPatch in my config. And no custom DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched either.

Edited by arsradu

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Good. Now we need to fix the remaining 99.99999 problems in my previous post.

Well, believe it or not, I don't use any kind of KextsToPatch in my config. And no custom DSDT.aml either.

So you use clover=>devices=>audio=5! If not, what you use, speaking Mojave :huh: :whistle:

config.plist done... now I'm gonna see if still could boot without usb, and if my high Sierra is operational...

I'm back in my 10.13 drive, but couldn't boot without usb... my boot is broken... but tell me how erase or format my other ssd totally, because I think the best way is start anew again...

Edited by MorenoAv

3 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

config.plist done... now I'm gonna see if still could boot without usb, and if my high Sierra is operational...

Yep, let's see.

11 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

So you use clover=>devices=>audio=5! If not, what you use, speaking Mojave :huh: :whistle:

Yep. But that's all. :)

Layout ID 5 (although, as I said, with AppleALC it doesn't really matter if it's 1 or 5), and AppleALC 1.2.8. That's all I need to get sound in Mojave.

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yep, let's see.

Yep. But that's all. :)

Layout ID 5 (although, as I said, with AppleALC it doesn't really matter if it's 1 or 5), and AppleALC 1.2.8. That's all I need to get sound in Mojave.

Desktops are pretty simple ^_^, this doesn't worked for my laptop, so the injection in the DSDT was the only solution for that, another thing is that ALC292 have only 3 layout-id support, but only one of them that work the 12=0C.

I was able to make 10.14 works in my Asus X99 deluxe with 5960X.

Please find enclosed the most important clover files of my EFI folder.

No USB kext and all ports working perfect at right speeds.

Both ethernet ports also working.

Bluetooth and wifi working too.

Audio working via Voodoo HDA, Radeon Graphics

Some kext patches, no kernel patches.

I hope it can help someone.

Best

JLC

Archive.zip

25 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I'm back in my 10.13 drive, but couldn't boot without usb... my boot is broken... but tell me how erase or format my other ssd totally, because I think the best way is start anew again...

1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

In the bios menu of your gigabyte board press F2 then it'll switch to another mode, from there, make sure in the device submenu you go in SATA, then enable only the drive that have Mojave on it. Another thing is to use UEFI OROM for all only, that said you will have only UEFI drives shown. Then save that profile, and make this for all OS drives and save each one separately, then when you need to start some of these profiles just enter bios settings press F4 and select the profile you want from the list 

If the EFI is broken, you can just install clover over it by selecting install in ESP and UEFI booting

Clover.png.68cdceef4fb36781ea2723c95c1ca6f7.png

My best way for you is to configure the bios settings as i said if you want to make a fresh reinstall.

So better to press F7 from bios menu to reset defaults settings, then press F2 as mentioned in the quote above, disable VT-d use for all OROMs and OPROMs UEFI Only, go to XHCI and select Auto, go to SATA and select only the drive you want to install OS on save these bios settings in a profile and name it as the name of the OS you want to install, make this for all OSs.

Because for sure, if you don't do that, you always will have that problem if you have multiple drives with multiple OSs. And this is the thing why files from the EFI doesn't get properly loaded for the installed OSs

QE/CI enabled, HDMI output works, notebook internal display is detected but blank? Brightness works. Injected EDID after loading the frame buffer internal screen is still black debug_13830.zip

Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 19.24.45.png

Edited by JHeartyP

2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:
config.plist done... now I'm gonna see if still could boot without usb, and if my high Sierra is operational... I'm back in my 10.13 drive, but couldn't boot without usb... my boot is broken... but tell me how erase or format my other ssd totally, because I think the best way is start anew again...  

Can you post the fresh config it generared?

Also, what does it happen when you try to boot?

You can either format the entire SSD (which might not be necessary , but you can certainly do it if you want to) from Disk Utility and selecting the SSD (make sure it's the actual drive, not the partition, going to Erase, making sure it's set to GUID partition table and clicking Erase. I'm writing this from memory, on my phone, so some details might be different. But that's the basic idea.

Oor, (recommended) if you just want to get rid of Clover from the target disk, use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition (MAKE SURE IT'S DEFINITELY THE CORRECT ONE!, pay attention to the DRIVE it's associated to) and delete the Clover folder inside, along with the Clover backup folder on the root of your OS parttion.

For this particular case, I don't think Clover itself is the problem. I think the config might be the culprit here. But let's take them one by one. :)

Edited by arsradu

@arsradu , please as i'm compiling AppleALC 1.2.8 from source for my desktop, does it require lilu 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 now? 

[mention=1303722]arsradu[/mention] , please as i'm compiling AppleALC 1.2.8 from source for my desktop, does it require lilu 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 now? 
Could probably work with both. But make sure you use Lilu DEBUG.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk