Jump to content
fantomas

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,443 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

 

You deleted the one I inserted in the rom, and used this, and now you're able to boot APFS Volumes such as Mojave and High Sierra? Is it right?

right, APFS now works, 

I can send you a copy of my ROM to look at on the side channel you have been using to help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Hi MaLd0n,

I don't need, want inject via ssd... I don't seem to make the darned thing to work, and Pavo suggested via ssdt... for me is equal all I want is having sound...

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

if u can/need/want inject via ssdt, remove _DSM into device HDEF and inject only _DSM

DSDT.aml.zip

 

@Pavo, now need "alc-layout-id" instead "layout-id"?

 

my alc892 with layout-id 7 stay work normal

 

 

Vit9696 stated that you can still use layout-id but AppleALC will auto convert it to alc-layout-id, but the new way for layout-id in SSDT/DSDT is alc-layout-id.

26 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

replaced again the kexts, the config.plist and the DSDT-HDEF.aml, and run the app RUNMe again... see the dump...

I hope that the app have run till the end, it was much flicker and unstable...

 

iMac de AC.ioreg

 

Now it run till the end, thanks the gods... 

Send me iMac-de-AC.lan.zip

I dunno how you are doing it but you are not using the kext that I made for you, the boot.log tells exactly what version of the kext that Clover is injecting. Your boot.log again says:

7:249  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.6)
8:052  0:022  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.3)

My boot.log shows:

7:449  0:028  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.8)
8:170  0:720  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.4)

Again here attached are the exact kext that I am using, unzip and replace them again with these and reboot and re-run RunMe app. Upload file

Archive.zip

Edited by Pavo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Vit9696 stated that you can still use layout-id but AppleALC will auto convert it to alc-layout-id, but the new way for layout-id in SSDT/DSDT is alc-layout-id.

I dunno how you are doing it but you are not using the kext that I made for you, the boot.log tells exactly what version of the kext that Clover is injecting. Your boot.log again says:


7:249  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.6)
8:052  0:022  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.3)

My boot.log shows:


7:449  0:028  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.8)
8:170  0:720  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.4)

Again here attached are the exact kext that I am using, unzip and replace them again with these and reboot and re-run RunMe app. Upload file

Archive.zip

here it is one Moore time, the dump... but is the second time that I replace the kexts, and they don't load and apparently don't replace the others, and that is the problem... 

Send me iMac-de-AC.lan.zip

Edited by MorenoAv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

here it is one Moore time, the dump... but is the second time that I replace the kexts, and they don't load and apparently don't replace the others, and that is the problem... 

Send me iMac-de-AC.lan.zip

Ok.... you are doing something totally wrong with replacing the kext, I am done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i understand Pavo, sorry for all the trouble, but replacing kexts is only copy and replace kexts and is all I do... I can't do it wrong.

I think the real culprit is the reason behind the impossibility of replacing this kexts with another, that lies the real problem, the reason I don't know what is...

Thanks 

Edited by MorenoAv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MorenoAv said:

i understand Pavo, sorry for all the trouble, but replacing kexts is only copy and replace kexts and is all I do... I can't do it wrong

Thanks 

Then you are replacing the kext and not rebooting to allow them to load the new kext because your RunMe dump is still showing the older kext are loading, so either you are doing that or you are copying and pasting the kext that I gave you into some other folder because they are not getting loaded, not even getting looked at to get loaded by Clover. So are you copying and pasting the kext and not rebooting your machine before re-running the ReunMe app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, i replace the kexts in clover/kexts/other... then reboot an run de runme app, and then send the results... this is what I do evrytime, and the result is the kexts don't load...

The only thing that I do is running kext utility to repair permissions, but not this last time...

Edited by MorenoAv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

No, i replace the kexts in clover/kexts/other... then reboot an run de runme app, and then send the results... this is what I do evrytime, and the result is the kexts don't load...

The only thing that I do is running kext utility to repair permissions, but not this last time...

Why are you running kext utility to repair permissions when you are not touching S/L/E or L/E, you should not be touching those at all. kext utility only effects S/L/E and L/E not EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

You are right, but the last time, I didn't do it... 

 

Amigo, vou só a seguir testar os novos patches xcpm a ver se ativam o meu PM. Tenho tudo a funcionar no X-99 excepto o PM. Se conseguir, mando te a minha EFI. Abraço :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it possible to install Mojave to HDD? Cause I want to test it in my system but in my NVME already HS installed and another SSD Windows installed. I just have an empty HDD right now. is possible or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys, excuse me since I haven't been closely following MorenoAv's plight with getting his video going but I'd like to ask him a question. MorenoAv, do you by any chance have multiple EFI partitions on your system? If so, is it possible you're applying this edits to the wrong one? Sorry if this info has already been confirmed etc... Sometimes it is the most obvious things that we over look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
is it possible to install Mojave to HDD? Cause I want to test it in my system but in my NVME already HS installed and another SSD Windows installed. I just have an empty HDD right now. is possible or not?

Yes it is


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Allan said:

I hope that the performance can be good in APFS + HDD.

 

2 minutes ago, dzontra said:


So far I haven't had any issues on my HDD that i use for testing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Yep, and it doesn't take to much time to boot like High Sierra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

No, i replace the kexts in clover/kexts/other... then reboot an run de runme app, and then send the results... this is what I do evrytime, and the result is the kexts don't load...

The only thing that I do is running kext utility to repair permissions, but not this last time...

You might have some older kexts in S/L/E. When I did an upgrade rather than a fresh install to Mojave it left my kexts in there. Those ones will always load over the same ones in kexts others.

By the way, as a general question, I'm using intelmausi but network keeps connecting then disconnecting like every second. What works for an Intel GbE LAN chip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

 

This "ffs"?


$ xxd apfs.ffs
00000000: 6270 6c69 7374 3030 d301 0203 0405 065c  bplist00.......\
00000010: 4e53 5552 4c4e 616d 654b 6579 5f10 104e  NSURLNameKey_..N
00000020: 5355 524c 4669 6c65 5369 7a65 4b65 795f  SURLFileSizeKey_
00000030: 1018 4e53 5552 4c46 696c 6552 6573 6f75  ..NSURLFileResou
00000040: 7263 6554 7970 654b 6579 5841 5046 532e  rceTypeKeyXAPFS.
00000050: 6666 7311 0f41 5f10 1c4e 5355 524c 4669  ffs..A_..NSURLFi
00000060: 6c65 5265 736f 7572 6365 5479 7065 5265  leResourceTypeRe
00000070: 6775 6c61 7208 0f1c 2f4a 5356 0000 0000  gular.../JSV....
00000080: 0000 0101 0000 0000 0000 0007 0000 0000  ................
00000090: 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0075            ...........u

 

 

4 hours ago, HBP said:

 

here is where the originalAPFS.EFI jumpstarted I posted came from, I simply extracted the one from my ROM instead of taking the time to locate the original post.

 

HBP

 

 

The reason for that question HBP, is because if you open that APFS you uploaded yesterday with an Hex editor, it will show the exact code quoted by @cecekpawon, while if you open the APFS from the link you provided from @griven post it will show another, this happened while you extracted the APFS file, because you should right click on the module, and then select: extract as is, using UEFITool like the screenshot above:

 

211548041_Extractasis.thumb.png.d63f4397259d6476c9442f614ea70d88.png

 

Thanks for that link anyway ^_^

 

 

Edited by ammoune78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surfinchina said:

You might have some older kexts in S/L/E. When I did an upgrade rather than a fresh install to Mojave it left my kexts in there. Those ones will always load over the same ones in kexts others.

By the way, as a general question, I'm using intelmausi but network keeps connecting then disconnecting like every second. What works for an Intel GbE LAN chip?

 

Or maybe could it be B0D3 for HDMI, i mean he doesn't have HDMI Audio patch in B0D3?

Maybe try to delete Ethernet from network preferences, and also network things from L\Preferences and L\Preferences\SystemConfiguration. IntelMausi is for Intel LAN, or try other versions from @RehabMan repos and @Mieze

Edited by ammoune78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

 

 

The reason for that question HBP, is because if you open that APFS you uploaded yesterday with an Hex editor, it will show the exact code quoted by @cecekpawon, while if you open the APFS from the link you provided from @griven post it will show another, this happened while you extracted the APFS file, because you should right click on the module, and then select: extract as is, using UEFITool like the screenshot above:

 

211548041_Extractasis.thumb.png.d63f4397259d6476c9442f614ea70d88.png

 

Thanks for that link anyway ^_^

 

 

this is how I extracted it, as I have discovered, even with SIP off, Mojave Protects files it thinks are sacred. the file uploaded was from Mojave right after I got it back up and running, the original is larger (3905 bytes) but Mojave refuses to read it for some reason.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

×