fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Pavo said:

This is not a complete dump, this is only IOReg dump. Please re-run the app and wait until its 100% completed and upload the zip it creates on the desktop The IOReg dump part might take a few times for it to work. Its glitchy on Mojave.

I think it is complete now... but the tool is a little unstable but this time it completed...

Send me iMac-de-AC.zip

Advertisement
1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

I think it is complete now... but the tool is a little unstable but this time it completed...

Send me iMac-de-AC.zip

Have you tried disabling these patches to see if they are messing with sound? Or atleast set the OS version to 10.13.x if they were for High Sierra.

814009998_ScreenShot2018-06-12at7_22_44pm.png.a26d408fbfd959bbde2473e7a1419a3a.png

22 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Have you tried disabling these patches to see if they are messing with sound? Or atleast set the OS version to 10.13.x if they were for High Sierra.

814009998_ScreenShot2018-06-12at7_22_44pm.png.a26d408fbfd959bbde2473e7a1419a3a.png

Hi SavageAUS,

No I haven't tried to disable the patches, and they were for High Sierra 10.13, but I'm gone try that in just a minute...

PS: I have tried and disabled the patches, the result is the same... no audio devices... this time its difficult to solve this problem...

Thanks for your help

Edited by MorenoAv

20 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

I think apple dropped 887 and 892. other codecs works fine

Hi ellaosx,

If that s true, how do we solve that, or is a dead end?

No I haven't, but I am thinking of giving a chance to VoodooHDA... 

No I haven't, but I am thinking of giving a chance to VoodooHDA... 
Maybe check over in the AppleALC forum and provide them with a new codec dump, I'm not sure how it's done but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about that will chime in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do you have a DSDT? I solved both ALC with DSDT.
His files are provided a few posts above.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi ellaosx,

If that s true, how do we solve that, or is a dead end?

last time my 887/892 worked was in 10.13.3. I didnt bother after days of getting it to work until mojave, but still failed... i settled with voodoohda instead.

There might be some workaround though, but no time for that.

Edited by ellaosx

something is very wrong with my Mojave 10.14, I installed VoodooHDA 2.9.0 v12, with Mojave support and still no audio devices... I have a SSDT-HDEF.aml and alc 1.2.8 v2 and still nothing... grrrr

Edited by MorenoAv

2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

something is very wrong with my Mojave 10.14, I installed VoodooHDA 2.9.0 v12, with Mojave support and still no audio devices... I have a SSDT-HDEF.aml and alc 1.2.8 v2 and still nothing... grrrr

Then just try AppleHDA.kext from 10.13.x.. though in the name of vanilla, I don't recommend this.

But I have put the DSDT in ACPI/Patched... but I'm going to see that right now again...

Yep is still there, if that don't show in my files I don't know why...

12 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

But I have put the DSDT in ACPI/Patched... but I'm going to see that right now again...

Yep is still there, if that don't show in my files I don't know why...

The HDEF-SSDT you have contain alc-layout-id, use this one:

HDEF-SSDT.aml, and put 10.13 AppleHDA IN S\L\E and rollback to a previous release of AppleALC or use on VoodooHDA

Edited by ammoune78

Hi SavageAUS,

No I haven't tried to disable the patches, and they were for High Sierra 10.13, but I'm gone try that in just a minute...

PS: I have tried and disabled the patches, the result is the same... no audio devices... this time its difficult to solve this problem...

Thanks for your help

Right here is your issue, Lilu isn't loading. You are also not using the versions of AppleALC and Lilu I gave you.

kernel.log

2018-06-12 09:04:04.470744+0100 0x73       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) Lilu:  config @ automatically disabling on an unsupported operating system
2018-06-12 09:04:04.470748+0100 0x73       Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) Lilu:    init @ found a disabling argument or no arguments, exiting

boot.log

8:571  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.2.6)
9:373  0:022  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.3)

Actually add these this time and replace your config with this one.

Archive.zip

1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

The HDEF-SSDT you have contain alc-layout-id, use this one:

HDEF-SSDT.aml, and put 10.13 AppleHDA IN S\L\E and rollback to a previous release of AppleALC or use on VoodooHDA

With AppleALC 1.2.8 alc-layout-id is preferred, as vit9696 stated you can still use layout-id but alc-layout-id is the new way of adding it.

Starting with 1.2.8 AppleALC uses a different scheme to handle layout-id. This is done to avoid AppleHDA.kext file dependencies (i.e. we cannot use missing layoutXX.xml.zlib files) and improve codec compatibility (i.e. some layouts change DSP behaviour).
From now on AppleALC will operate on 2 identifiers:
alc-layout-id used to identify the layout within AppleALC itself (can be any number)
apple-layout-id reported to AppleHDA to avoid the issue above You may replace layout-id with alc-layout-id after an upgrade, but for compatibility reasons existing layout-id values will be automatically converted to alc-layout-id. Overrides with alcid=X boot argument are also supported.
To override apple-layout-id you may use alcaaplid=X boot argument. The default value to be reported to AppleHDA is 7.

57 minutes ago, Pavo said:

With AppleALC 1.2.8 alc-layout-id is preferred, as vit9696 stated you can still use layout-id but alc-layout-id is the new way of adding it.

Starting with 1.2.8 AppleALC uses a different scheme to handle layout-id. This is done to avoid AppleHDA.kext file dependencies (i.e. we cannot use missing layoutXX.xml.zlib files) and improve codec compatibility (i.e. some layouts change DSP behaviour).
From now on AppleALC will operate on 2 identifiers:
alc-layout-id used to identify the layout within AppleALC itself (can be any number)
apple-layout-id reported to AppleHDA to avoid the issue above You may replace layout-id with alc-layout-id after an upgrade, but for compatibility reasons existing layout-id values will be automatically converted to alc-layout-id. Overrides with alcid=X boot argument are also supported.
To override apple-layout-id you may use alcaaplid=X boot argument. The default value to be reported to AppleHDA is 7.

2 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Another time when quoting me, take a look two times before doing it, so have a look on what i said, now it will be on bold, to explain that:

The reason for this, my HDEF-SSDT contain "layout-id", instead of the one present on he's patched folder that contain "alc-layout-id",, and i was talking on old AppleALC not the newest, you always quote quickly before reading.

Thanks Pavo for all your work and will to help, but after making all the changes you suggested, they don't work I have no audio devices yet. For that reason I re installed it again and I have implemented all your suggestions, but have no audio devices again... I don't know what to do more, and I don't want to be a pita, to everyone.

Thanks all

Edited by MorenoAv

27 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks Pavo for all your work and will to help, but after making all the changes you suggested, they don't work I have no audio devices yet. For that reason I re installed it again and I have implemented all you suggestions, but have no audio devices again... I don't know what to do more, and I don't want to be a pita, to everyone.

Thanks all

You'll not be a pita MAN, it's just confusion ^_^

Try this, but use AppleHDA from High Sierra, if you don't have it, I'll upload it.

In the config.plist change the name of the drive and the Theme

Kexts.zip

patched.zip

config.plist.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Edited by ammoune78

Thanks Pavo for all your work and will to help, but after making all the changes you suggested, they don't work I have no audio devices yet. For that reason I re installed it again and I have implemented all your suggestions, but have no audio devices again... I don't know what to do more, and I don't want to be a pita, to everyone.

Thanks all

Add the files I suggested and do another Runme dump and upload the zip it creates. Need to verify  

1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

Another time when quoting me, take a look two times before doing it, so have a look on what i said, now it will be on bold, to explain that:

The reason for this, my HDEF-SSDT contain "layout-id", instead of the one present on he's patched folder that contain "alc-layout-id",, and i was talking on old AppleALC not the newest, you always quote quickly before reading.

Yes this is the reason why I quoted you, you should never use older macOS version of the drivers unless its 100% absolutely needed. I wanted him to keep trying with the small modifications that I made in order to narrow down the real cause of his issue, if it is not supported anymore then yes using an older driver would be the next logical step. But you don't just jump to the very last step before debugging and narrowing it down. This helps the developers determine what exact drivers that are not 100% supported.

Edited by Pavo