fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, insanelyDeepak said:

Hi 

installing 10.14 beta to HDD will convert HFS+ partition to apfs ? other partition like sierra, hight sierra etc 

Nope, I have 10.11.6 and 10.13 on another partitions when installing 10.14. All are fine except you manually erase them with Disk Utility.

#EDIT: But converted target partition to APFS, yes.

Edited by Badruzeus

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

So you didn't either used the -alcbeta -lilubetaall?

Actually I used both, but @Pavo says we only need -lilubetaall.

I'm gonna test without those flags and see if we still need them or not with AppleALC 1.2.4

Update:

Ok we still need -lilubetaall, without it I lose the audio.

Edited by Cyberdevs

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

Actually I used both, but @Pavo says we only need -lilubetaall.

I'm gonna test without those flags and see if we still need them or not with AppleALC 1.2.4

It will be very useful for me, as i want to stick up my desktop again for Ozmosis since the last install of 10.14 on it, and because i don't want to flash the bios to much time ^_^, thanks Cyberdevs :lol: .

But i confirm that 10.14 automatically convert also mechanical drives to APFS, even when just formatted the drive to HFS+ only.

23 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Nope, I have 10.11.6 and 10.13 on another partitions when installing 10.14. All are fine except you manually erase them with Disk Utility.

#EDIT: But converted target partition to APFS, yes.

Thank you :)  it look im bit late to try 

22 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

It will be very useful for me, as i want to stick up my desktop again for Ozmosis since the last install of 10.14 on it, and because i don't want to flash the bios to much time ^_^, thanks Cyberdevs :lol: .

But i confirm that 10.14 automatically convert also mechanical drives to APFS, even when just formatted the drive to HFS+ only.

I updated my previous post but in case you missed it we need the -lilubetaall flag with AppleALC 1.2.4, but with the next official release of lilu and AppleALC we won't be needing to use the flag.

I'm not familiar with Ozmosis so I don't know what to say :D

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I updated my previous post but in case you missed it we need the -lilubetaall flag with AppleALC 1.2.4, but with the next official release of lilu and AppleALC we won't be needing to use the flag.

I'm not familiar with Ozmosis so I don't know what to say :D

The reason of requesting this info is that my ROM Chip has only 64Mb, AppleALC can be resized to about 19Kb, but the last release of Lilu have 1.3Mb and its size can't be reduced. So i can't upgrade AppleALC to the latest into the ROM because of the latest lily size, i've to stay with AppleALC 1.2.4 if i need it to be on the ROM.

Ozmosis is the Bootloader of the QUO board, it's inserted into the BIOS with some files, to simplify things, it'll let you boot Apple OS without any required file on the HDD, just like a Mac ^_^.

1 minute ago, ammoune78 said:

The reason of requesting this info is that my ROM Chip has only 64Mb, AppleALC can be resized to about 19Kb, but the last release of Lilu have 1.3Mb and its size can't be reduced. So i can't upgrade AppleALC to the latest into the ROM because of the latest lily size, i've to stay with AppleALC 1.2.4 if i need it to be on the ROM.

Ozmosis is the Bootloader of the QUO board, it's inserted into the BIOS with some files, to simplify things, it'll let you boot Apple OS without any required file on the HDD, just like a Mac ^_^.

Yeah I know that the Ozmosis is a ROM based bootloader but I never used it but thanks for the explanation anyway ;)

47 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

I have an old PC which has a mechanical HDD with 3 partitions, I previously installed macOS Sierra and High Sierra on HFS+ partitions and yesterday I installed macOS Mojave on another partition and it's automatically converted to APFS which I erased to HFS+ before installing the 10.14 and yes it's now APFS which is cool.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I have an old PC which has a mechanical HDD with 3 partitions, I previously installed macOS Sierra and High Sierra on HFS+ partitions and yesterday I installed macOS Mojave on another partition and it's automatically converted to APFS which I erased to HFS+ before installing the 10.14 and yes it's now APFS which is cool.

Ozmosis now have some difficult to load APFS from ROM, i already installed Mojave using Oz, but can't access that damn drive because of APFS automat conversion unless i use Clover, I'm still finding how to load it with only Oz even using bcfg it doesn't work :( :cry: :wallbash:

Edited by ammoune78

After many problems, I managed to install on my system H81 Sapphire R9 380 with iMac Pro SMI bios:

- The first time I downloaded the MacOs installer I had an error before the first reboot

- I downloaded the MacOs installer another time in my X299 rig.

- unable to handle the boot process after successful installation with other SMBIOS than iMac Pro 1.1

- Setup has converted my hard drive test to APFS

- the sound works with WoodoHDA

- Wifi does not work

Thank you to everyone here for their help / tools / kexts and others.981793804_Loloflat6Mojavebeta100618.thumb.png.bd9b41bd59ff59f79679b96d030bb713.png

10 minutes ago, Loloflat6 said:

After many problems, I managed to install on my system H81 Sapphire R9 380 with iMac Pro SMI bios:

- The first time I downloaded the MacOs installer I had an error before the first reboot

- I downloaded the MacOs installer another time in my X299 rig.

- unable to handle the boot process after successful installation with other SMBIOS than iMac Pro 1.1

- Setup has converted my hard drive test to APFS

- the sound works with WoodoHDA

- Wifi does not work

Thank you to everyone here for their help / tools / kexts and others.

Have you seem my post about the WiFi?

If you have your WiFi adapter working OOB in previous macOS versions all you have to do is to extract the AirPortAtheros40.kext from macOS High Sierra and place it under /L/E or /S/L/E then repair the permission and reboot.

Use Kext Wizard or Kext Utility to install the kext.

AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Have you seem my post about the WiFi?

If you have your WiFi adapter working OOB in previous macOS versions all you have to do is to extract the AirPortAtheros40.kext from macOS High Sierra and place it under /L/E or /S/L/E then repair the permission and reboot.

Use Kext Wizard or Kext Utility to install the kext.

AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip

Thanks Cyberdevs :

I readed your previous post but perhaps i made a mistake : :hammer: i placed the kext in Clover/kexts/other and also in S/L/E . 

So i will remove it and only place the kext in /S/L/E.

Edited by Loloflat6

Just now, Loloflat6 said:

Thanks Cyberdevs :

I readed your previous post but perhaps i made a mistake : :hammer: i placed the kext in Clover/kexts/other and also in S/L/E too 

So i will remove it and only place the kext in /S/L/E.

You're welcome, I also tried the /EFI/Clover/kext/other but it didn't work so I copied it to /S/L/E and repaired the permission and it worked.

On 6/6/2018 at 11:05 PM, AppleHackDan said:

I got the install working by cleaning out my Clover folder and installing the bare kexts needed and using RehabMan's HD 4400 plist.

I may not have Audio nor Networking working, but this was more of a Proof of Concept to myself, and I'll get that all working in the Fall when it drops, and AthInjector is updated to work with Mojave. But i gotta say, Dark Mode with Red Accents lookin sexy af :drool:

7HW13Qv.png

After a few days of fiddling around with the system and finding the proper kexts, I got my AR9485 and my audio consistently working. Now all I need to do is get battery indicator working, and find a proper multitouch kext for my ALPS touchpad.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AppleHackDan said:

After a few days of fiddling around with the system and finding the proper kexts, I got my AR9485 and my audio consistently working. Now all I need to do is get battery indicator working, and find a proper multitouch kext for my ALPS touchpad.

Here you go ^_^ :

Battery & Trackpad.zip to put on EFI\CLOVER\Kexts\Other\

Edited by ammoune78

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome, I also tried the /EFI/Clover/kext/other but it didn't work so I copied it to /S/L/E and repaired the permission and it worked.

Thanks , works fine now :thumbsup_anim:1024410747_Loloflat6WifiMojave100618.thumb.png.e46daee9a36df1b21c643fcbed99078b.png

Edited by Loloflat6

2 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Ozmosis now have some difficult to load APFS from ROM, i already installed Mojave using Oz, but can't access that damn drive because of APFS automat conversion unless i use Clover, I'm still finding how to load it with only Oz even using bcfg it doesn't work :( :cry: :wallbash:

Make sure you use bcfg boot addp. Plain bcfg boot add doesn't work for me.

Any hope for HD3000 macs to have hardware acceleration in Mojave?

How to enable acceleration on intel hd 3000 Graphics? I copy kexts for hd 3000 from 10.13, but it is loading in black screen

7 hours ago, nmano said:

@Pavo @Sherlocks @PMheart

EIST Performance fix by @PMheart 10.14 Haswell 

I aim looking value for Haswell-E

Find

C1E30848 63D389D0 48C1EA20 B9990100 000F3048 FF057348 73004883 C4085B5D C30F1F40 00

Replace

?

The same.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:13 PM, gorki75 said:

Working OK, the 3 monitors, with Clover Efi v2.4_r4522

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-09 a las 15.09.22.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-06-09 a las 15.20.24.png

Do you get graphical glitches after using your system for some time? 

3 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Here you go ^_^ :

Battery & Trackpad.zip to put on EFI\CLOVER\Kexts\Other\

Thanks! Battery works like a charm now, but my Alps touchpad still isn't multitouch. They must've changed something, because neither the kext you gave me nor the one I used in Sierra worked. Anyways, I'll start searching for kexts in the fall when Mojave is released, and by then, hopefully someone has made a working alps driver for it.

1 minute ago, AppleHackDan said:

Thanks! Battery works like a charm now, but my Alps touchpad still isn't multitouch. They must've changed something, because neither the kext you gave me nor the one I used in Sierra worked. Anyways, I'll start searching for kexts in the fall when Mojave is released, and by then, hopefully someone has made a working alps driver for it.

What i could say for you, is everything that worked on your previous hack with same hardware, should work also on Mojave! The only changes here made for Mojave to work is "Clover update, Firmware date and bios release date" everything should work, except if you did changes made by you.

2 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

What i could say for you, is everything that worked on your previous hack with same hardware, should work also on Mojave! The only changes here made for Mojave to work is "Clover update, Firmware date and bios release date" everything should work, except if you did changes made by you.

Hmm.. Maybe then High Sierra broke it? I wouldn’t know because I completely skipped that release.